1 2 3
914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/29/11 5:38 a.m.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Amid-dreams-7-empty-seats-1310520.php

A group of workers always have lunch at the same diner, always go across the street for a Lottery ticket. After taxes, each walks with $20 million.

Unfortunately some missed the luncheon, "Nah, don't feel lucky today".

The list of regrets just got longer......

Dan

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
3/29/11 6:49 a.m.

I'm not much of a lottery kind of person, but I ALWAYS buy in when the people at work do it. I'm not gonna be the only poor sap in the bunch! Unfortunately, so far we are all still poor saps...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/29/11 7:01 a.m.

hmm..... $20 mil? Get my Kawasaki Green Bentley Arnage and crash it into a brick wall...

Luke
Luke SuperDork
3/29/11 7:51 a.m.

This kind of thing explains why I could never give a potential high-$$$ lottery ticket as a gift.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
3/29/11 7:59 a.m.

I'd rent Jeremy Clarkson for a week and have him narrate my life.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
3/29/11 8:21 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I'd rent Jeremy Clarkson for a week and have him narrate my life.

That's brilliant!

I was just gonna buy a missile silo and race gokarts in the main room, myself.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/29/11 8:27 a.m.

Heck I'd have a heart attack when the numbers came up, my wife would run off with the cabana boy and give away all my tools.

Maybe not, she says young cabana boys are difficult to train.....

Dan

ransom
ransom Reader
3/29/11 8:32 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I'd rent Jeremy Clarkson for a week and have him narrate my life.

"After the most thorough sleeping-in in the world, your man rises, rubs his bleary eyes, and takes the the most pleasant shower... in the world. Following a breakfast of the best bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes in the world (for power), he goes shopping for the best car... in the world..."

I was about to point out that I actually enjoy Top Gear very much, but I think that may already have been clear...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/29/11 8:55 a.m.

I would buy a Lambo Murcielago, a Caterham 7 R500, a truck, pay off my small student loan and save the rest.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
3/29/11 9:19 a.m.

1) Buy 5-car garage with a house attached.

2) Pay off bills/debt/whatever

3) Buy stickshift CTS-V wagon

4) Burn rubber and bridges at work

5) Hire Accountant to make sure I don't regret #4

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy Reader
3/29/11 9:21 a.m.

I'd go to Medical school and open a low fee, cash only clinic in the Appalachian Mountains to provide low cost health care to those that need it.

I'd spend my weekends either fishing or racing cars. The cars would probably be crappy, just like they are today... but I'd hire one of you jokers to work on it for me instead of wrenching on it myself.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
3/29/11 9:52 a.m.
ransom wrote:
"After the most thorough sleeping-in in the world, your man rises, rubs his bleary eyes, and takes the the most pleasant shower... in the world. Following a breakfast of the best bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes in the world (for power), he goes shopping for the best car... in the world..." I was about to point out that I actually enjoy Top Gear very much, but I think that may already have been clear...

I'd want him to do stig facts about me all day. "Some say he doesn't understand fruit. And that on random days, his hobbies include Amish inspired needlework. All we know is, he's called Tom"

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
3/29/11 10:07 a.m.

My wife opted for James May to narrate her life for a week. I'm snickering thinking of it.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/29/11 10:27 a.m.

11 words:

I
Would
Build
A
Berkin
Race
Track
In
My
Back
Yard

...after I bought 30 acres somewhere, a SR20DET swapped 510, a 4AGZE swapped AE86, a Bone stock E36 M3, and a S-10 Roller, an LS7, T56, a welder and a plasma cutter.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/29/11 10:33 a.m.

I would build 159,500 Challenge cars, give or take a couple thousand.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
3/29/11 10:51 a.m.

I'd pay my cable bill.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/29/11 11:13 a.m.

I would give my wife her half... then try REALLY hard not to be found.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/29/11 11:38 a.m.

pay off my debts, then go back to school so I could get a higher paying job. stay in school, kids.

NickF40
NickF40 HalfDork
3/29/11 11:47 a.m.

92Celica, 4cylinderfury, and 93excivic, all have what I would do really lol all I always wanted if I was to win tons of money, is buy my F40, then just save the rest and later down the road, other cars, if I want, i'll buy

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
3/29/11 11:52 a.m.

"Two chicks at the same time"

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
3/29/11 11:57 a.m.

Some say when he sees a pretty woman, he doesn't have enough skin left to blink. All we know is that he's called the Dave!

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
3/29/11 12:02 p.m.

Fight Diabetes.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/29/11 12:09 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: "Two chicks at the same time"

so you can stop waking your butt up at 6 am, drag up to Las Colindas, so you dont have to do the drywall at that new McDonalds?

dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
3/29/11 12:29 p.m.

dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
3/29/11 12:36 p.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
myPeEEu3dtJONPxkugJjYnvAr6YES6SBxzPMNIJi3m5Cjjvlcclr3Ec44zoUglCn