Homework. And recovering from my 21st.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
1/17/11 4:22 p.m.

Working.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
1/17/11 4:25 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: The only people who get MiLK day off are government and students.

Banking industry too.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/17/11 4:39 p.m.

Worked an overnight last night, woke up @ noon, procrastinating over a bunch of stuff

Need to type up a syllabus and can't get motivated to do so.

Trying to figure out what to cook for dinner--I think Nigella Lawson has the answer (Chicken Mushroom and Bacon pie)

Toyman01
Toyman01 SuperDork
1/17/11 4:45 p.m.

Work, work and more work. Mostly paperwork today. My least favorite thing to do.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
1/17/11 4:53 p.m.

So it seems most of us didn't really have a holiday today. What a waste of a perfectly good holiday day.

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
1/17/11 4:58 p.m.

Geology homework, replace the bad fuel injector on my Milano. No work for me today either.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Reader
1/17/11 5:58 p.m.

Working, then volunteering at local foodbank.

Let freedom ring...

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
1/17/11 7:44 p.m.

I'm working today/tonight. But I'll be off for GEN Robert E. Lee's birthday.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
1/17/11 7:46 p.m.

Today was Robert E. Lee day here in Arkansas. I worked.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
1/17/11 7:47 p.m.

making braces to stiffen the hood on the datsun

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
1/18/11 1:11 a.m.

Worked, but only because my department is "mission critical". My company (a large cable TV network company in Atlanta) observes MLK day. I don't get T-giving or Xmas off, either, unless it's my regular day off (normal shift work stuff, off days rotate).

I'll be honest enough to admit that it was nice to have another day to work without the bosses around, tho..

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/18/11 6:10 a.m.

I just found out, by way of a wise radio DJ, that my company is racist because it doesn't give me MLK day off. Am I racist by association? Sheez, what has this world come to.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg Reader
1/18/11 10:57 a.m.

got a haircut, played mechanic on an RC car, and had a cup of coffee with a friend. nothing too interesting

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
1/18/11 10:58 a.m.

apparently there was some outrage in SC that some schools didn't get MLK day off because of the recent snow days. so some state rep goes on TV talking about how he's introduced a bill that will make it law that no school can be in session on MLK day.... the interviewer asks this guy "presumably this has been the policy for some time now, why is it just now making problems?"

the guy answers that he hadn't been aware of it before and he's new to his office. ...he's gone to school before, no? MLK holiday was always a bad weather make-up day when i was in school.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
1/18/11 11:10 a.m.
carguy123 wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: The only people who get MiLK day off are government and students.
Banking industry too.

Real US auto industry, too.

had the day off, and we were flying home from Florida, yesterday.

And I did consider why the day was really off. Good to remember the why's sometimes.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
1/19/11 2:21 a.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PYRXqiNAngPBfcLfSEj34HHgQ9Q7GNw9ciJkufyrPIeB2dX4S582paR95lGPiMJv