hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/6/22 3:45 a.m.

Im getting married in about 14 hours. Im nervous and anxious and excited. This is awesome, but a big change. And the event has so many pieces to it. I cant sleep. Did what any reasonable person would do - sort hardware at 3am.

There are things not pictured that I put away. And you'll see I added #10 drawer as well a round metal tin at top of 2nd pic - it's got what must be m2 and m3 hardware, not sure.

The mindnumbing, but satisfying, result is maybe now I can sleep. Or not. Im more tired though. And I was exhausted at 9pm

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/6/22 6:10 a.m.

Congratulations! My wish for you is that your marriage be as happy as ours. 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
8/6/22 6:43 a.m.

Congratulations!  Thw big day will go great!  

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
8/6/22 7:16 a.m.

Congratulations and have fun! I'm ~2 years in and still love every day as much as we did before the wedding.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/6/22 7:40 a.m.

Sometimes mind numbing is good, tomorrow's going to be a long day and a blur.  Congratulations!

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/6/22 8:41 a.m.

Guys Im so tired. I hope I can nap later...right now my body wont shut down again.

Gonna be a long day.
Im pumped, so stoked.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
8/6/22 8:48 a.m.

Congrats!!

Tomorrow night tell the wife you need to fix that "M4" drawer and  change it to "4 MM"!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/6/22 10:55 a.m.

Best wishes to you!

It's probably too late to help, but just keep telling yourself not to freak out if things don't go right during the wedding or the reception. No one will remember the food was wrong or somebody stumbled over their lines.

They WILL remember if the happy couple freak out about it.

You made the decision because you think it's right. Trust in that and sail through today as a celebration of it!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/6/22 11:20 a.m.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/6/22 11:26 a.m.

Usually looking for nut/bolt sorting hobbies kick in a year into the marriage.  Other things keep you busy.   LOL

Congrats!

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/11/22 3:01 p.m.

Wedding went well, but, man, does it fly by and is exhausting!
Honeymoon was fun, back at home now!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/11/22 3:05 p.m.

The advice my father gave me on our wedding day was to always treat my wife like the man she deserved, not the one she lowered her standards to. 16 years and it's still a wonderful marriage to my best friend. Hopefully yours is as well

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/11/22 3:22 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You treat your wife like a man?

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
8/11/22 3:43 p.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

So will you be outsourcing the handling of your nuts now?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/11/22 8:24 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Lol. I should add in parentheses (to marry) for clarity. However, everyone knows what it meant. Except you, you fantastic window licker! cheeky and after todays text conversation, i REALLY hope slefain was directing his comments at you.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JiEro5gQxVzWCFYu8HQF6kBnrZaS4Y83ZXPbgtMwkwdIZ3c3rDqPoUIYrxaNvQ67