1 2
gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/20/13 11:24 p.m.

I'm confused. Is the presidential limo diesel or gas???

I'd find it really strange that it was a diesel. I guess it makes sense if it's making huge power/torque to move that monstrosity of a vehicle around, but diesel doesn't seem very "presidential".

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
3/21/13 12:38 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Oh I forgot, you're Mr.-Media-Is-Awesome man.

Just don't believe in vast, international conspiracy theories perpetrated by people who, apparently, don't know the difference between gas and diesel.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/21/13 12:55 a.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Oh I forgot, you're Mr.-Media-Is-Awesome man.
Just don't believe in vast, international conspiracy theories perpetrated by people who, apparently, don't know the difference between gas and diesel.

The people who don't know the difference between gas and diesel also comprise the talent pool of those who provide the other news.

At least they have something in common with someone on the President's maintenance staff.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/21/13 4:51 a.m.

Totally a vast conspiracy perpetrated by acorn, bill ayers, Ted Kennedy, fat Elvis, the tooth fairy, bill Krystal, and the entire premier cast of "cats".

Freaking Andrew Lloyd weber trying to control the brains of average Americans. Where are my tin foil opera glasses.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
3/21/13 5:22 a.m.

This is a pretty big loss of opsec, like the other stuck limo incident, it could have tired out really bad had it happened at a crucial time.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/21/13 5:45 a.m.

If I were president, my ride would be a kamaz or a unimog.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/21/13 7:09 a.m.
gamby wrote: I'm confused. Is the presidential limo diesel or gas??? I'd find it really strange that it was a diesel. I guess it makes sense if it's making huge power/torque to move that monstrosity of a vehicle around, but diesel doesn't seem very "presidential".

It's a Kodiak diesel truck with a Cadillac stuck on top. It's a good choice, honestly, although a Cummins might make more sense as a powerplant.

Also, for all of those reading right wing stuff, be very aware the the Presidential limo was designed and being built before Obama had even won the nomination.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/21/13 7:13 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: If I were president, my ride would be a kamaz or a unimog.

Hmmm... We should make a thread like this. Sticking to American made, and high American parts content... Mine would be a Corvette - stretched, of course, with the ZR1 powerplant.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/21/13 7:41 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Hmmm... We should make a thread like this. Sticking to American made, and high American parts content... Mine would be a Corvette - stretched, of course, with the ZR1 powerplant.

Mine would be a Hummer cause if it is good enough to send our soldiers into battle in, it should be good enough for the president.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
3/21/13 9:03 a.m.
gamby wrote: I'd find it really strange that it was a diesel. I guess it makes sense if it's making huge power/torque to move that monstrosity of a vehicle around, but diesel doesn't seem very "presidential".

Now cut that out! Those are the same uninformed attitudes that keep diesels from selling well and therefore keep them from being offered for sale in the US!

Diesels are powerful and they belch lots of black smoke. What could be more presidential than that?

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/21/13 9:06 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Mine would be a Hummer cause if it is good enough to send our soldiers into battle in, it should be good enough for the president.

Excellent point.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UltimaDork
3/21/13 9:09 a.m.
RX Reven' wrote: Let’s provide a link to this article whenever someone accuses the government of operating some super sophisticated maniacal program.

LOL

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
3/21/13 10:19 a.m.

Once upon a time, I mistakenly dumped kerosene in my gas tank. Car ran, poorly but boy did it smoke.

So am thinking the gasoline in the diesel may have been the problem.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/21/13 1:00 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/21/13 3:29 p.m.

In about 30 years, it will be something like this.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
3/21/13 4:47 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: In about 30 years, it will be something like this.

30 years heck. It'll be sooner dan dat.

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
3/21/13 9:23 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
gamby wrote: I'm confused. Is the presidential limo diesel or gas??? I'd find it really strange that it was a diesel. I guess it makes sense if it's making huge power/torque to move that monstrosity of a vehicle around, but diesel doesn't seem very "presidential".
It's a Kodiak diesel truck with a Cadillac stuck on top. It's a good choice, honestly, although a Cummins might make more sense as a powerplant. Also, for all of those reading right wing stuff, be very aware the the Presidential limo was designed and being built before Obama had even won the nomination.

It is an awesome car. Its looks like caddy but is bigger than the suburbans around it. Its quiet enough that I couldnt tell if it was gas or diesel but it took of pretty quick.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/22/13 12:59 a.m.

Yes, it is diesel powered
http://green.autoblog.com/2009/01/15/presidents-new-ride-may-be-diesel-powered-but-is-it-emissions/

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
3/22/13 1:37 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: Yes, it is diesel powered http://green.autoblog.com/2009/01/15/presidents-new-ride-may-be-diesel-powered-but-is-it-emissions/

that pic is wrong... i highly doubt if it has a "boot", and i know it doesn't have "tyres"...

FranktheTank
FranktheTank Reader
3/22/13 3:24 a.m.

Love the Idiocracy reference. Also love that movie.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/22/13 6:11 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
JoeyM wrote: Yes, it is diesel powered http://green.autoblog.com/2009/01/15/presidents-new-ride-may-be-diesel-powered-but-is-it-emissions/
that pic is wrong... i highly doubt if it has a "boot", and i know it doesn't have "tyres"...

next you will be complaining that the journalist was wrong for saying the "colour" was black. Then you'll be trying to confiscate all the "spanners" from my garage and tell me to not watch Dr. Who

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AzJjpo0ZxFdwR87eXETVfoJM7gwbbzt3HHwFunxifv81M1H419KzDhbWUU3Y28IH