1 2
nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports HalfDork
4/27/20 1:39 p.m.

I'm about to run out of my nitrile HF gloves.  I'm going to be doing some fiberglass work soon, and really can't do that without disposable gloves!

All the usual suspects are not working.   Ideas?

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
4/27/20 1:41 p.m.

Did you try Smart and Final ?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/27/20 1:54 p.m.

They had 20 packs at my Walmart last week in the paint section. Not a lot, but enough to do a little work. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/27/20 2:09 p.m.

Can you find those heavy duty rubbermaid style cleaning ones?

Those are about all I could find right now.  usually come in a 2 pack. 

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/27/20 2:25 p.m.

I found cases of nitrile, synthetic and latex gloves at the local Restraunt Depot and Maine’s restaurant supply. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/27/20 2:25 p.m.

Kitchen supply places

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/27/20 2:44 p.m.

I was getting gas yesterday and a lady on the opposite side of my pump was apparently disgusted that I wasn't wearing rubber gloves and she stuck a pair in my hand and then jumped in her car and drove off...

nimblemotorsports
4/27/20 5:38 p.m.

Back as this thing was just a hoax, homedepot was trying to cash-in on the hoax and put sanitary hand wipes on sale at the register, so I bought about 10 pack of them,

and I use those at the gas station, I wipe down everything I touch before and after.

I will check out the kitchen supply.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/27/20 6:02 p.m.

Plastidip to the elbow!

iceracer
iceracer MegaDork
4/27/20 6:57 p.m.

Most any auto parts store has them.

Auto mechanic have been using them for years

I got my last box from Advance

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/27/20 7:39 p.m.

For years I've bought them at Costco in the health care/pharmacy section, but they seem to be out these days.

imgon
imgon HalfDork
4/27/20 7:43 p.m.

Around here every store that had them gave them to 1st responders  and othe essential workers. I ha e a limited supply,  may try the restaurant depot, I think I go by one on the way from the jo. I have tomorrow. Has anyone ordered them on line lately?

dj06482
dj06482 UltraDork
4/28/20 6:36 a.m.

Adenna DLG678 Dark Light 9 mil Nitrile Powder Free Exam Gloves (Black, X-Large) Box of 90 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRELGEC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jtbQEbDKRR1H0

They're all out of size L, so I bought XLs. They tend to run a little small, anyway. I've used them for a while now and would say they're comparable to the black HF ones.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
4/28/20 10:09 a.m.

I get all my gloves from a friend who has been importing them for decades.

MedExpress Gloves

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
4/29/20 6:59 a.m.

Don't waste them at gas stations. I use dog poop bags, available free at most local parks.

slowride
slowride Dork
4/29/20 9:11 a.m.

I've been using those cheap cotton work gloves that you (used to) be able to get 12 pairs for $12 or whatever. I put them on when I get out of the car, and then when I'm done they get turned inside out while taking them off and then go in the laundry. I also did see a guy who put his arms inside a garbage bag and then pumped his gas. It looked strange but effective, except very wasteful (he threw the bag away when he was done).

dps214
dps214 Reader
4/29/20 9:19 a.m.
nimblemotorsports said:

Back as this thing was just a hoax, homedepot was trying to cash-in on the hoax and put sanitary hand wipes on sale at the register, so I bought about 10 pack of them,

and I use those at the gas station, I wipe down everything I touch before and after.

Just fyi, you're probably doing more for the person after you than yourself on that one. The disinfectants in most wipes and sprays need to sit on the surface for 3-10 minutes (depending on the exact chemical compound) to actually kill the virus. So unless you're wiping, standig there for a few minutes, then pumping your fuel, it's not really much different than not cleaning the stuff at all. I started out doing that too, but once I learned that about the wipes I switched to using gloves.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/20 9:31 a.m.

I ordered some supplies to pick up from the local Advance yesterday, but it wouldn't allow me to order gloves online. However, when I got to the store they had 3 boxes on the shelf so I picked up one. Unfortunately they're size large(I usually wear medium), but they'll be better than nothing while I continue cleaning this nasty engine bay. 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/29/20 9:43 a.m.

Have you checked your local Walmart.... parking lot?

People are seriously disgusting angry

On a somewhat related note, my coworker has been trying to buy a house. Showings are tricky right now. He looked at one house and the realtor showed up wearing a plastic face shield, like what you'd use for grinding, and clear plastic elbow length food prep gloves. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do but he got a good laugh out of it.

nimblemotorsports
4/29/20 11:26 a.m.

So I checked if the fiberglass supply place had them, the actual stores are closed, but you can order them online.  Not the nitrile, but latex, which is ok for fiberglass work.

Tap Plastics Latex Gloves

And not priced like 4x normal either.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/29/20 12:11 p.m.
dps214 said:
nimblemotorsports said:

Just fyi, you're probably doing more for the person after you than yourself on that one. The disinfectants in most wipes and sprays need to sit on the surface for 3-10 minutes (depending on the exact chemical compound) to actually kill the virus. So unless you're wiping, standig there for a few minutes, then pumping your fuel, it's not really much different than not cleaning the stuff at all. I started out doing that too, but once I learned that about the wipes I switched to using gloves.

This is probably a flounder, so I apologize. 

But if 20 seconds of regular soap and washing your hands takes care of it............but we need to disinfectant to be there for 10 minutes............are they really effective?

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 New Reader
4/29/20 12:34 p.m.

Tacoma Screw has all kinds because they are not code compliant... or something like that.

http://www.tacomascrew.com/Products/Disposable#!Disposable

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/29/20 12:40 p.m.

We just had cases of them shipped in from Sysco foods.  

iceracer
iceracer MegaDork
4/29/20 2:14 p.m.

Saw a woman at the gas station yesterday while pumping gas.

She was wearing a face mask but no gloves.  Maybe she did a hand wipe after.

dps214
dps214 Reader
4/29/20 2:34 p.m.
z31maniac said:
dps214 said:
nimblemotorsports said:

This is probably a flounder, so I apologize. 

But if 20 seconds of regular soap and washing your hands takes care of it............but we need to disinfectant to be there for 10 minutes............are they really effective?

Well the disinfectant would probably work in 20 seconds as well if you vigorously scrubbed the gas pump during that time.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UsL66nQIUfSONTm2o2WXpPZLvJ8RxNJHU2dIueFCLRVdMqEp9viRIv3BWfK4K3Lk