TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
2/13/19 7:22 p.m.

May be able to ski Sunday for the first time in 10 years any recommendations?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/13/19 7:28 p.m.

On a snow covered mountain? cheeky Seeing myself out. angel

I'll be here all week. angel

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
2/14/19 7:44 a.m.

Uh.....  Have you looked at the map as to where Cheyenne is?  Short answer is you're not skiing anywhere around Cheyenne without getting into a car and driving several hours.  Cheyenne is on the high plains...

Closest place is probably Eldora in Colorado, which is maybe 2.5-3 hours from Cheyenne.  Then there's all the I-70 resorts, Copper, Breckenridge, Keystone, etc that are 4+ hours away, Vail will be 5+ hours and so on...

Jackson Hole is maybe 5-6 hours from Cheyenne...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/14/19 8:38 a.m.

Is there any place in Wyoming where you CAN'T ski this time of year?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/14/19 8:39 a.m.

Cross country skiing may be a thing there. Heck, I wonder if they ski with sails, like kite boarding? Both times I've been through Cheyenne it was windy.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
2/14/19 8:50 a.m.
docwyte said:

Uh.....  Have you looked at the map as to where Cheyenne is?  Short answer is you're not skiing anywhere around Cheyenne without getting into a car and driving several hours.  Cheyenne is on the high plains...

Closest place is probably Eldora in Colorado, which is maybe 2.5-3 hours from Cheyenne.  Then there's all the I-70 resorts, Copper, Breckenridge, Keystone, etc that are 4+ hours away, Vail will be 5+ hours and so on...

Jackson Hole is maybe 5-6 hours from Cheyenne...

haha when I read the title of this thread I was going to just answer "colorado". There have to be some resorts in wy however, no?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
2/14/19 9:58 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

I've been to Cheyenne.  That's exactly what I was thinking. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
2/14/19 10:16 a.m.

Has anyone been to snowy range? The Google says it's an hour away?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/14/19 10:24 a.m.

You mean to tell me that the entirety of Wyoming isn't on the side of a big, rocky, mountain?  Who knew?

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
2/14/19 11:23 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Yeah, Jackson Hole, which isn't particularly close to Cheyenne.  Or up near Sheridan, which is 4+ hours from Cheyenne.

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
2/14/19 11:34 a.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte :

I was there once. It's good, if a little small. Only 900 ft of drop, but it's a decent place with a good mix of runs. Blue heavy, but I like that. I'd go back if I was in the neighborhood.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
2/15/19 7:23 a.m.

What about the front range by Denver? Rather not go to the back range, Copper mt. Etc.

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
2/15/19 3:26 p.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte :

Like I said, Eldora.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
2/16/19 6:35 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

That looks promising,good mix of runs?

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
2/16/19 8:58 a.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte :

I've honestly never been there.  It's far enough away from me that if I'm planning on going skiing, I just head up to Vail.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
2/19/19 9:10 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Good call on Eldora! Nice mix of runs, friendly helpful staff, and the snow was just what I needed. Two thumbs up, thank you sir!

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
2/19/19 9:44 a.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte :

Nice!  Glad you liked it!  I'm heading up to Vail this Thursday, my shoulder is finally healed up enough for me to ski and they're supposed to get snow all this week, woot!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sDnnw12fZIkaG5GZSgRrUjpmwI5MdVFMiwvu4A2go0pjzbhrOF7Qy60CkEsEHHJu