Woody
Woody MegaDork
11/22/19 9:15 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I have a set of those too. 

pontiacstogo
pontiacstogo Reader
11/22/19 9:18 p.m.

I've had these in my basement for a few years now after buying them on a whim.  Vintage Simmons v5 3 x piece 16x8.5 5x4.75;

photo 25F9A848-C629-413F-8689-07D875D9B063_zpswvmsdeb8.jpg

I've seriously contemplated finding and buying a car they'll fit. indecision

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
11/22/19 9:44 p.m.

Guilty!

Have a set of OEM RX8 wheels and no longer own an RX8. They were extra. Price? Free. Someone my daughter knew worked at a tire place and someone brought in an RX8 and new rims to have the old tires swapped too and left the old OEM wheels. After a couple days of sitting at the shop my daughter picked them up for free.

The rest fit cars I still own. 3 sets of 14" Miata wheels. NA Daisies, NB Hollow Alloys & Kosei T1. Also have the OEM 13" 70 Opel GT wheels, have 14" BBS Basketweaves on the Opel GT. And have 2 extra (1 pair) of the BBS Basketweaves. Also have 2 random wheels, I think one is an old VW wheel that I acquired years ago to use as a hose reel and never got around to doing that. Hose reels just aren't that expensive.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/22/19 10:09 p.m.

If I have wheels that should fit a car I own, but the tires currently on them are too big and hit the strut, does that count? laugh

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
11/22/19 10:17 p.m.

I have 2 16x8 Starion wheels, desperately also want 2 Corvette pattern wheels that have been for sale for months. Don't know what they'll go on but know I want them

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/22/19 10:27 p.m.

I have a set of wheels that have been on at least four cars now. Ford Racing FR500's that started life on an LS-swapped FC RX-7 in 2007, then moved to my P71, then to my 73 Javelin, then to my 96 Cobra. I still have them and plan on 5-lug swapping the Turbo Coupe to put them on it next.

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
11/22/19 11:37 p.m.

I have a set of Brabus mercedes wheels for a W140 or other newer Mercedes and only own a W126.   I got them cheap so unless someone wants to pay enough I could buy another set later I will keep them for now because I still kinda want one of the cars they would fit.

russde
russde Reader
11/23/19 10:03 a.m.

I've got a set of BMW style 5's, the BBS two -piece mesh ones in my garage; they don't have the right backspacing to fit either an e36 nor an e46 which are the two BMW's I currently own.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/23/19 10:11 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

No interest on FB or CL.

Where were these in 2010 when I was desperately looking for a set?

/YGPM

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/23/19 10:14 a.m.
Patrick said:

I'm somewhere around evan's picture except they're in the garage, behind the garage, in 3 trailers, in front of the garage, in the harbor freight garage, in the basement, in my dad's garage, in my dad's barn.  

Technically at least four of those wheels are mine, maybe more if my rally tire shod RX-7 cross wheels are still in the pile.  Or maybe not "technically" because i still owe him the money for my portion of the buyout when a local autocrosser got rid of all of his 13x7-13x9 wheels and tires.

Because, come ON, cheap 13x9 autocross wheels.  I can probably make them fit something I own, or who knows, maybe buy a Miata so I can use these wheels I bought.  (well, pre-bought)

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/23/19 10:40 a.m.

Hahahahahahahah

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/23/19 10:41 a.m.
Tk8398 said:

I have a set of Brabus mercedes wheels for a W140 or other newer Mercedes and only own a W126.   I got them cheap so unless someone wants to pay enough I could buy another set later I will keep them for now because I still kinda want one of the cars they would fit.

Sent you a message lol

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/23/19 11:20 a.m.

Hahaha . . . love that this thread is turning into "the Great GRM wheel exchange" thread.  Should it be re-titled?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/23/19 11:30 a.m.

I have a pair of Saab Inca wheels that I’ve held onto since 2003 because I intended to make barstools out of them. Note that I don’t own a bar, nor do I drink. They’re still really cool wheels though. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
11/23/19 11:33 a.m.

I'm down to just one set of spare wheels, and they'll actually fit both vehicles in the driveway. I keep trying to get rid of them but maybe I should just slap tires on them. 

235 70 17s will work on the elantra and ranger, won't they?

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/23/19 12:53 p.m.

I have a pair of Cragar GT wheels in 14 x small that I haven't checked to see if they fit anything yet. But they were free so how could I say no?

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
11/23/19 1:34 p.m.

I guess this might count. I bought a complete set of Lola IndyCar wheels that came from Dale Walker Racing years ago. Obviously I’ve never owned nor will I ever own a Lola Indy car, but I figured they would make an awesome coffee or end table. 

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
11/23/19 4:10 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I thought you already paid me for them? I also have no idea which ones you bought. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/23/19 4:27 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

That's not what you're supposed to say smiley

Anyway I'm pretty sure we were both undecided on that, aside from you definitely keeping the magnesium ones, which is fine by me.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
11/23/19 5:31 p.m.

I have multiple extra sets of aftermarket 5 on 4 1/2"  5 on 5 on 5 1/2", and 8 on 6 1/2" wheels, including sets of staggered slots for each lug pattern.  

But since they can fit vehicles I already own I have convinced myself I don't have a problem. smiley

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
11/23/19 6:42 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Rochester, NH. 

I have the original acr springs somewhere where also, good condition.  

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
11/23/19 7:14 p.m.
lotusseven7 said:

I guess this might count. I bought a complete set of Lola IndyCar wheels that came from Dale Walker Racing years ago. Obviously I’ve never owned nor will I ever own a Lola Indy car, but I figured they would make an awesome coffee or end table. 

I saw this thread and thought naw, I cleaned out my excess car stuff awhile ago. Then I remembered I have a single Corvette Z06 rear wheel that I've been using as a coffee table. I never had a Z06 and never will.

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
11/23/19 7:14 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Troutman & Barnes  Indy car builders, builders of the original Chaparral mk 1 etc.  had these made by Halibrand wheels back in 1959 

yes real Magnesium and they weigh like 9 pounds for the 8" and 6&1/2 for th 6" 

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
11/23/19 7:51 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
11/23/19 8:55 p.m.

I'm glad I'm in good company here!  A good set of wheels is always good to have.  That way when a deal comes along on something they'll fit...you have a good reason to get it ;) 

Toyman01 said:

I might have a couple left but most of them I have gotten rid of. 

I know there is a set of Impala SS whéels floating around here. There may be others.

Oh, would I love a set of those! 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AR7WFoq6lfdcHWH57ujuUv2pjTV8mfJZApwLq35IFHGS25aFz6bBw69ouWL46c5l