1 2 3 4
Furious_E
Furious_E UltraDork
11/24/19 7:52 a.m.

I'm not doing too bad right now, only two extra sets in the garage and they both fit cars I currently own. I guess there is also the set of unmounted R7s....and I might still have some 5x4.75 in the shed, which fit nothing...and whatever happened to the two extra sets I had for my E36? Are they still at my parents' somewhere? I don't recall selling them...

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
11/24/19 8:03 a.m.

I have several sets of extra wheels in 4x100, but they'll fit four of our vehicles. I do have a set of 4x108 Panasports that I bought on a whim. I've never had a vehicle with a 4x108 bolt circle.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
11/24/19 10:29 a.m.

Sold the car I originally bought these for about 5 years ago, why do I still own them? I occasionally put them on CL knowing eventually someone local will desperately NEED them. ahahaha

Used pair of 5 on 5" lug pattern "WK" code Buick Rally wheels with 3 7/8" backspacing and 2" center cap holes. No rust on the front chrome and the lug holes are good. I had the front chrome covered in wax without buffing it off and kept them in storage 25+ years. Sold the car I'd originally bought them for years ago and I'm cleaning out my stash of old car parts. Aug 16 '78 and March 20 '78 date codes if it matters to you. Lugs and center caps not included.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/car%20stuff%20to%20sell/20180626_161651_zpsxzyrg6vh.jpg.html][/URL]

APEowner
APEowner Dork
11/24/19 1:54 p.m.

Wheels are just one of the parts I have for cars I don't own.  A buddy and I used to make an annual trip to a large swap meet where (according to my wife) we spent money we didn't have on parts we didn't need for cars we didn't own.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/24/19 6:50 p.m.

I have a set of wheels for a truck I own that I'll never put on it because they're ugly as E36 M3, does that count?

Possibly going to end up with wheels off a fire truck in the near future

noddaz
noddaz SuperDork
11/24/19 7:01 p.m.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/25/19 5:25 a.m.

I have a cool set old Sprint-Hart CP-Fs in 15x6.5 4x114.3 that I imported from Malaysia and refinished and had on my Acura Legend. Sold the car, kept the wheels to sell separately. Haven't had any luck selling them, they don't fit anything I own, so they lurk in my cellar.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
11/25/19 6:53 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Those would look good on my 323 GTX but do I need a third set of wheels for it?

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/25/19 7:08 a.m.

I'm glad I only have one complete set of  wheels. They were on the now totaled impala. So I have a set of 18" SS wheels. The only other wheels have are some weld draglites for a 4lug mustang and a set of lightweight Bogart drag in Star 3's, but those will fit my ranger project just fine.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
11/25/19 7:45 a.m.

This thread is helping me remember stuff I had forgotten about. I have a set of 15x10 steel wheels for a Ford Ranger. I bought them for possible Challenge use and shortly afterwards I changed plans and have no need for them. Don't show this thread to my wife.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/25/19 8:16 a.m.

I have a 16x8 8 lug rim I bought for my Cummins to be a spare which was sold years ago.  

However, I now have an E-350 with the same 8 lug bolt pattern... but the van already has a spare, so the rim is superfluous...  so yes and no?

Do tires count?  I have a 16" tire for my old minivan my mechanic gave me because it was still good when I had them replace the tires some years ago. The current minivan can only fit 17" wheels.  I need to take a sawzall to it so I can get it into the trash... 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/25/19 11:55 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

I have several sets of extra wheels in 4x100, but they'll fit four of our vehicles. I do have a set of 4x108 Panasports that I bought on a whim. I've never had a vehicle with a 4x108 bolt circle.

My brother is looking for some wheels for his Audi 90, still have my number?

shagles
shagles Reader
11/25/19 4:26 p.m.

In reply to russde :

Same. Trying to sell them and no one is biting.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau SuperDork
11/26/19 7:53 a.m.

At one point I owned 13 of these identical Jeep Wrangler wheels. I sold 3 at this year's Challenge, so now I'm down to 10. 1 set for street, 1 set for autocross, and a pair with drag radials. They're 15x8, dirt cheap, and 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

I've never even driven a Jeep.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
11/26/19 8:38 a.m.

I have a set of 13 x skinny 5-on-4" wheels for my Valiant, which I still own, but which now uses 5-on-4.5" wheels all around.  Does that count?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/26/19 9:02 a.m.

I have 8 wheels in my garage that are not on a car, but both sets are for cars that I currently own. I have in the past had wheels for a car that I no longer owned. I have yet to buy wheels for a car that I plan to buy in the future though.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/26/19 9:16 a.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to NickD :

Those would look good on my 323 GTX but do I need a third set of wheels for it?

Yes, yes you do. My cellar has spoken. They do need a repaint because the paint that I paid a body shop to spray didn't stick great. But I even have a complete set of decals for them, which God knows where you would find those.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/26/19 9:43 a.m.

I had to go look in the garage to confirm, but all my extra wheels fit on cars that I own. There is a single exception, but it is just 1 single wheel without a tire. Anybody want a 15" Camry wheel?

I did have a set of wheels for the TSX that I sold, but I traded those to my brother for my dads old camera. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/26/19 12:52 p.m.
lrrs said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Rochester, NH. 

I have the original acr springs somewhere where also, good condition.  

If anyone is coming south from there, i want them.

I don't think ill be getting that far northeast anytime soon. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl New Reader
11/26/19 2:29 p.m.

Wheels, engines, transmission, differential, doors and glass, knuckles, brakes, interior parts...

Not only do they not go to vehicles I own, they don't go with each other, either.

Matthew

Mr_OGPaint
Mr_OGPaint None
12/16/22 7:45 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I've got some of these wheels also, I'm working on getting them mounted to a car I'm building.   If you have any detailed pics or information of the mounting hub and spinner used I would really appreciate it.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
12/17/22 6:35 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

A set of Troutman & Barnes pin drive knock offs for the Riverside special. ( Chaparral)

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
12/17/22 8:43 a.m.

I have a set of 2001 Mustang GT wheels with Kumho V700 tires and a set of Thunderbird turbo wheels. These have been gathering dust for 15 years, does anyone need them?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/17/22 8:51 a.m.

I have a set a MK1 MR2 alloys in my barn. They are so 80s looking they are great.  I was thinking of re finishing them and putting them up for sale. That was 20 years ago so maybe just wash them and sell them?  The problem is they are somewhere in my stacks of Porsche wheels. I would have to go find them.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/17/22 8:51 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Now that is really cool!!!!  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v9kVuk9cOjsrM5m0R74AlW03gM29ncv3c43dRLF04levF3MGQUqjVQ84HzKVAMkP