1 2 3
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Reader
7/7/10 12:36 p.m.

Darn thermometer in the car read 109 on the way home today. Away from the pavement and parking lots at my house, it's a comparatively chilly 101.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/7/10 12:39 p.m.

Its not the heat, its the humidity. I'm sweating inside. Need to go to the basement soon.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
7/7/10 12:39 p.m.

Yeah, it's ridiculously hot here too. The cat has melted, I'm working at the computer in my underwear.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Reader
7/7/10 12:40 p.m.

I saw a steady 97 on the car thermometer yesterday in Flint MI. It is getting warm again today.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
7/7/10 12:41 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Yeah, it's ridiculously hot here too. The cat has melted, I'm working at the computer in my underwear.

Pics or it's an internet hoax.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/7/10 12:41 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Yeah, it's ridiculously hot here too. The cat has melted, I'm working at the computer in my underwear.

pictures or its not real

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
7/7/10 12:43 p.m.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/7/10 12:49 p.m.
Lesley wrote:

See, it's all a hoax! There's no sweat dripping off your glistening body and I don't see a puddle of cat anywhere!

Woody
Woody SuperDork
7/7/10 12:53 p.m.

You people are sissies.

I just rode my mountain bike for 40 minutes to pick up my truck at the tire shop. It was 98 when I left the house.

Of course, I died twice on the way there.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox Reader
7/7/10 1:01 p.m.

I am in Alabama. Unbearable heat and humidity is just par for the course here.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
7/7/10 1:07 p.m.

Looking on the bright side... if you're into working out, the heat is just great for stretching. Muscles are really limber after working out when it's this hot.

triumph5
triumph5 New Reader
7/7/10 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Lesley: Especially that limber heart muscle all stretched out..

On a serious note, as we've heard, check on the elderly in your building/neighborhood. This is really killer weather for us i the Northeast not used to this humidity. And call your Grandparents to see if they are running their A/C, not keeping it off because they "want to save money."

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/7/10 1:13 p.m.
Otto_Maddox wrote: I am in Alabama. Unbearable heat and humidity is just par for the course here.

No kidding, I was about to say the same thing.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/7/10 1:17 p.m.

I'm sweating like a whore in church.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/7/10 1:46 p.m.
triumph5 wrote: And call your Grandparents to see if they are running their A/C, not keeping it off because they "want to save money."

I'll have to check on my great aunt, but I know that my grandparents will have theirs running full blast. Grandpa was the guy who in the energy crisis of the 70's was driving a full-sized El Dorado with the top down and the AC running.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
7/7/10 2:30 p.m.

Lightweights . It doesn't seem any hotter or more humid than usual for this time of year down in NC. Triple-digit heat? Par for the course. I love it.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
7/7/10 2:34 p.m.

My motorcycle kickstand puck (4" round piece of plastic) was sinking into the asphalt.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
7/7/10 2:35 p.m.

I was visiting a construction site this morning and the site super said "If you average these days with the worst of the winter days we're quite comfortable". Just goes to show that you can make statics show anything you want.

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
7/7/10 2:38 p.m.

102 yesterday in Philly.

i also went out on my bike, but not until 7:45pm or so and only for ~30 mins. it was hot but not horrible -- down into the high 90s -- by then. wasn't as bad as i feared it might be.

Otto_Maddox wrote: I am in Alabama. Unbearable heat and humidity is just par for the course here.

i'll check back with you when it's 14 degrees here in January and you're complaining that it's getting into what, the low 50s? ;)

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Reader
7/7/10 3:01 p.m.

A friend commented " this is like winter, I don't want to be outdoors"

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox Reader
7/7/10 3:08 p.m.

In reply to Buzz Killington:

Well, we can't compare with you guys but we get some cold weather. I recall going for my morning run a few days this past winter with the temperature in the teens.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Dork
7/7/10 3:16 p.m.

A steady 101 to 103 today here in Virginia. The ozone levels are getting high because there isn't any breeze. The Health agencies are advocating the elderly, active children, and asthmatics stay inside. I'm playing it safe and keeping dogs inside too.

This is great weather for testing the cooling system and intercooler system on my Miata. I'm consistently seeing intake temps in the 120 range. I usually only see those temps on the track so it's awesome for testing my tune for knock under high temps.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
7/7/10 3:52 p.m.

OH, COME ON.

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
7/7/10 4:08 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: A steady 101 to 103 today here in Virginia. The ozone levels are getting high because there isn't any breeze. The Health agencies are advocating the elderly, active children, and asthmatics stay inside. I'm playing it safe and keeping dogs inside too. This is great weather for testing the cooling system and intercooler system on my Miata. I'm consistently seeing intake temps in the 120 range. I usually only see those temps on the track so it's awesome for testing my tune for knock under high temps.

i changed the coolant in my RX-8 last weekend...i've been sitting in traffic with the a/c on and staring at my temp guage this week, paranoid that there is a bubble or a leak: "don't. you. dare. move."

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/7/10 4:11 p.m.

Yeah, A/C is on, and I will not be boosting any time soon, silly TMIC likes to heatsoak just looking at it wrong. I'm going to go home and cry. And probably be in my underwear at the computer. Trust me, you DO NOT want pics of that.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dOmmrwmZSsvpjNOlx5iGo740SVlpkdYMnfrD78HZvCM4AXT6KjsXLLsGnptfgltR