1 2 3
SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
7/7/10 4:21 p.m.

The in vent thermometer was at 155 in the E36 when I got in this afternoon.

carzan
carzan HalfDork
7/7/10 4:35 p.m.

Funny leaving work and starting the engine in the Cherokee and noting that the temp gauge needle is already pointing at 100.

minimac
minimac SuperDork
7/7/10 5:02 p.m.

No way am I going to complain....I still remember the cold and snow from Jan/Feb. I can do heat a lot better than the cold.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
7/7/10 5:14 p.m.

Whiners, its 60 and slightly overcast here in Southern California. Darn overcast-ness in July.

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
7/7/10 5:24 p.m.

Low 90's, and that's pretty hot here. I went to the gym yesterday, and I was the only one there.

Leaving now to put in 2 hrs on the hare scramble course

cwh
cwh SuperDork
7/7/10 5:40 p.m.

Weird- 83 and quite pleasant here in SoFla. Normally, we are the head of the class when it comes to miserable heat and humidity.

Spitsix
Spitsix Reader
7/7/10 6:22 p.m.

If it's going to be 100 deg in the summer, it should not snow in the winter.

Scott form Florida.

eastpark
eastpark New Reader
7/7/10 7:10 p.m.

For the first time I've ever seen, the thermometer in my car is showing 40 degrees C.

Yeah, it's hot.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/7/10 7:24 p.m.

Quit yer Belly aching! Wait till you have 30+ days at 100+ and then you're allowed to gripe, but not a second before.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/7/10 7:29 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Quit yer Belly aching! Wait till you have 30+ days at 100+ and then you're allowed to gripe, but not a second before.

You're in the middle of Texas, right? Have you ever experienced 110* and 95% humidity?

And carrying two golf bags for 36 holes?

I'll take the dry heat over the humid heat any day of the week, even if it is 10-15* hotter.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/7/10 7:39 p.m.

Years ago there was summer of 30 + days of 100 or more degrees in TX. That was there year I split my time between hot tar roofing and working in a metal warehouse. I'll take the heat over cold, but you can have the berkeleying mosquitos. I must have 500 bites.

fiesta54
fiesta54 New Reader
7/7/10 7:58 p.m.

Try going to a military college in this heat. I have to do PT everyday outside.

autoxrs
autoxrs Reader
7/7/10 8:27 p.m.

Quit yer whining. I lived in India for 17 years. Summers were anywhere from 90F - 110F with 85% - 100% humidity.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
7/7/10 8:46 p.m.

If you think it's hot out, just say "it's not hot enough." Quit whining and chug along, i work in this nonsense all day everyday, go home and close all the doors in the garage and work out in a sweat box, then go run while it's still hot out. MAN UP!

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
7/7/10 8:47 p.m.

sweating while the A/C is running is no fun. I hate the HVAC in this rental. Makes me want to move the entertainment system to the first floor. Of course, that will mean moving the entertainment center back to the second floor come cold weather... Stupid HVAC.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
7/7/10 9:41 p.m.
JeepinMatt wrote: Lightweights . It doesn't seem any hotter or more humid than usual for this time of year down in NC. Triple-digit heat? Par for the course. I love it.

You're right about it being par for the course here in NC. But I don't love it. Perspiration has been running off me like sweat. And out Southern Belle's have ceased glowing,they're sweating now.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
7/7/10 9:49 p.m.

I'm not permited to bitch about the heat while my dad is home, this is downright cool to the 140 he has over in Iraq.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/7/10 10:14 p.m.
mtn wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Quit yer Belly aching! Wait till you have 30+ days at 100+ and then you're allowed to gripe, but not a second before.
You're in the middle of Texas, right? Have you ever experienced 110* and 95% humidity? And carrying two golf bags for 36 holes? I'll take the dry heat over the humid heat any day of the week, even if it is 10-15* hotter.

I can't imagine any situation where'd I have to carry a golf bag any distance except maybe to the dumpster. But other than that, yes, BTDT got the T shirt.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/7/10 10:40 p.m.

Weird thing is..I was used to it before I went to California last week (first time). Now that I know what a "dry heat" is, I want it back.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
7/7/10 10:43 p.m.
M2Pilot wrote:
JeepinMatt wrote: Lightweights . It doesn't seem any hotter or more humid than usual for this time of year down in NC. Triple-digit heat? Par for the course. I love it.
You're right about it being par for the course here in NC. But I don't love it. Perspiration has been running off me like sweat. And out Southern Belle's have ceased glowing,they're sweating now.

I was in Southport over the holiday weekend and spent Monday walking around outside for 12 1/2 straight hours. I know they say a gallon of water per day is what you should drink in extreme heat, but I drank well over a gallon and I my urine was still dark enough to stain glass.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
7/7/10 10:59 p.m.

, but I drank well over a gallon and I my urine was still dark enough to stain glass.

But did you piss excellence?

GR40RACER
GR40RACER New Reader
7/7/10 11:05 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Whiners, its 60 and slightly overcast here in Southern California. Darn overcast-ness in July.

Same here, 65 was the high here in Oakland today; it was 57 in the house this morning, turned on the pellet stove for a few minutes to warm things up a bit

Fog is blowing in now, supposed to be 65 on Thursday and warm up to mid-70's for the weekend..

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/7/10 11:26 p.m.
GR40RACER wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote: Whiners, its 60 and slightly overcast here in Southern California. Darn overcast-ness in July.
Same here, 65 was the high here in Oakland today; it was 57 in the house this morning, turned on the pellet stove for a few minutes to warm things up a bit Fog is blowing in now, supposed to be 65 on Thursday and warm up to mid-70's for the weekend..

That's not summer, that's winter!

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Reader
7/8/10 12:49 a.m.

It's hot up here in Canada too. My loogie doesn't freeze before it hits the ground.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
7/8/10 12:55 a.m.

HOT link:

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
oHDJZvLuxlgnKMRtPOsmEJuijEcpeBGXiYGVR0mz2hQDCjDgtdp9QvVZnqcuCNdu