therex
therex SuperDork
8/11/10 11:57 a.m.

Been a long time.

blows dust off GRM cookies.

What's been going on here, guyz?

Let's see. Since I last posted (I think), Rex:

. Bought a House . Sold his Ducati . Bought a brandy new Outback Sport for Mrs.Therex . Sold his beloved Mazdaspeed3

I did that last one yesterday. Tried for a month to sell it for 15k (with only 31k on the clock!) and got nothing but tire kickers and "Nice car, Man, I wish I had the money!" Well geez dude if you didn't have the money why'd you waste my time?

le sigh

Anyway, I took that ish to Carmax and never looked back. They shocked me speechless by offering 14k for it. I said "Done! Here are the keys."

"So what are you driving now, Rex?" You'll be sorry you asked:

My grandmother's totally Cherry 40k mile 2001 Kia Sephia.

Oh man, what a PILE. Going to look at a bugeye WRX tonight, I don't know how long I can stand this korean pile of dogE36 M3.

Anyway. takes a deep breath It's good to be back. Back in the land of no warranties, no promises, and no limits.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH SuperDork
8/11/10 1:44 p.m.

I drove the hatch version of that Kia once, it was really awful, but it was my uncle's all-season beater - covered with filth on the inside, rust all along the door sills, something clunking in the suspension, the whole works, so I don't know if it was just because it was in really bad condition. It would get really loose on gravel backroads at about 100kph.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/11/10 2:22 p.m.

what happened? Hmmmmm

. The site front page changed, and everyones head exploded
. people used tools wrong, and everyones head exploded
. a airline attendant got hit in the head, and his head exploded
. people are interested in French cars all of a sudden, and the title bureaus head exploded
. Zombies had their 15 minutes of fame, but now thats over, Canoes still happen, and Tim posted a few times recently - and our heads exploded

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/11/10 2:41 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: what happened? Hmmmmm . The site front page changed, and everyones head exploded . people used tools wrong, and everyones head exploded . a airline attendant got hit in the head, and his head exploded . people are interested in French cars all of a sudden, and the title bureaus head exploded . Zombies had their 15 minutes of fame, but now thats over, Canoes still happen, and Tim posted a few times recently - and our heads exploded

...and Margie's concrete patio is the size of a football field.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
8/11/10 2:44 p.m.

...and hotlinking is in an uncontrolled free fall.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
8/11/10 2:45 p.m.

... and the list format for the forum is still broken!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
8/11/10 2:49 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: ... and the list format for the forum is still broken!

Umm...how is it broken?

1) If you have a double space after a line...
2) It's automatic.
3) Like magic or something.

therex
therex SuperDork
8/11/10 3:17 p.m.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed, guyz.

In other news, I put down a deposit on a 2002 WRX Wagon today. Here's to hoping I don't regret it!

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
8/11/10 3:41 p.m.

Hotlink thread has replaced Ignore

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
8/11/10 3:44 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Umm...how is it broken? 1) If you have a double space after a line... 2) It's automatic. 3) Like magic or something.

Orrrrrr.... we could simply be able to double return and call it a day? Please? I'm asking nicely

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/11/10 3:59 p.m.

. insert a period and a space before your text, then double space after it
. do it again
. and again
. yep, one more

and boom bing bang, a fancy pants new list. i never touched a number key.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
8/11/10 4:14 p.m.

And yet, you have 1111 instead of 1234.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/11/10 4:22 p.m.

maybe something weird with your browser. im on opera mini right now on my cell, and firefox on my desktop, and i see 1234

Woody
Woody SuperDork
8/11/10 8:09 p.m.

Have you seen the Ken Block video?

RossD
RossD Dork
8/11/10 8:54 p.m.

And its still not cool to bring up Ford's 2.3 liter pinto engine as a Grassroots platform.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
8/11/10 9:59 p.m.

I was just thinking the other day, what happened to that dude with the confederate avatar?

nocones
nocones Reader
8/11/10 10:04 p.m.

That's not confederate that's colonel ingus. He's full of win.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
8/11/10 10:40 p.m.

Welcome home, Colonel.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/665455/

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
8/11/10 11:07 p.m.

Uh, Colonel...you don't know me, but I think you took over my life and forgot to leave the Kia here...

therex
therex SuperDork
8/20/10 8:21 a.m.

That's her best side. Taking it to my ASE-Certified brother-in-law for some TLC. Don't know when I'll get it back.

maddabe
maddabe New Reader
9/26/10 4:26 p.m.

Colonel Angus! Too offing funny.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
9/26/10 9:25 p.m.
RossD wrote: And its still not cool to bring up Ford's 2.3 liter pinto engine as a Grassroots platform.

The Pinto 2300 is cool, but it is last in a long line of cool and the others in the line usually are lighter, make moar powar and cost less.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7TnpylBnp2ZxvgJ4RmpzmALzVDxAkfRKTzTt1QSbx6B8cKiBec8eFNlrrccDvfvn