1 2
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
11/12/22 6:05 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

This thread is a good reminder.  My tires on the DD are into the wear bars.

Took the CX-9 to the dealer to do the fuel pump recall.  Had them do the state inspection.  Service guy calls me and says "Sir, your tires are at the point where we advise that you replace them.  They have about 4/32" tread depth."  I say "Thank you, sir, but that's a chunk of cash and I think I'm gonna run them a little bit longer."  He put the sticker on it.  If it snows anytime soon, I'll drive the Dooley. 

So what's a good tire for a FWD SUV?  The Yokohama Geolandar's that came on it have lasted 46k miles, and will likely see 50k.  They're okay, but the abundant torque of the turbo 2.5 spins them anytime you give it a little go-pedal when pulling out.  They don't even squeal on dry pavement, they just spin.  Bricks.  I could see myself getting something a little stickier, but that generally translates into shorter tread life.  I might try some Conti's.  I've had good luck with Conti's.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/12/22 10:40 p.m.
Indy - Guy said:
Grtechguy said:

Weird.   I'm here in Michigan and no snow.

Wife is in Indianapolis for our daughter's marching band and its been snowing since morning for them

Update: it's Still snowing in Indy.  Pic taken just now 12:20 pm

No need to worry - I'm sure it'll end by the time they announce the winners at 11pm tonight.  

(We did the marching band gig - went to Indy finals too - entire program had a love/annoyed feel to it)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JJNgdGXXTXGMNMqGGRvAwgQv3l3HIhvPtaULpscE11o1kubjB2DLOvMg28sHssxs