Jay HalfDork
6/5/08 9:21 a.m.

Fun fact! When I type in the quick-reply box, I can watch the caption for the 'featured ride' (i.e. where it says "Jay, '89 Starion" or whatever) slowly slide down the sidebar. It falls at the rate of one pixel per keystroke. I haven't made it bottom out yet so I can't tell what happens then, but I'm guessing it's not supposed to do that.

I'm running Opera 9.27 under SUSE Linux 10.3 64-bit.

Also: the HTML "strike" tag works in the preview box but then doesn't show up when the final message is posted.

Finally: bonus bug! When you edit a post, and then edit it again, the original post will show up in the text box, losing all the changes you've made during the first edit. Sometimes I like to edit my posts three or four times to catch grammar mistakes, formatting, etc. so this is a little bit annoying.

Just a friendly heads up.


Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/5/08 9:27 a.m.

Jay, I'll be honest with you, the site hasn't been tested much in Opera, and I know thats' not the only Opera bug. I've added testing Opera more onto my list, but I have to admit, it's not the highest priority. Opera is about 1.4% of the site visits, so in the short term, I'm going to be focused more on things that affect the other 98.6% more. Not that I don't like Opera, I think it's a fine browser.

I never said "strike" worked. It doesn't.

Let me see what I can do about the edit bug. You're not the first to mention that.

Jay HalfDork
6/5/08 9:34 a.m.

Makes sense. It doesn't affect usability at all. I just felt obligated to point it out.

BTW when it slides off the bottom nothing happens, it just dissapears.


You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners