1 2 3 4
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/18/19 8:19 a.m.

To bowls of chili + one beer = severe acid-reflux combined with the tail tell signs of a kidney stone meant I went to bed very early last night after downing a double-dose of ibuprofen and a lot of water. 

Side effect: weird dreams. 

One had me following a guy in a white van doing over 100 mph down a highway. I had my old black Audi A4 (that I sold back in 2002).  For some reason he exited the hwy earlier than he was supposed to, then parked at a restaurant and we went inside where he attempted to hide from authorities who saw him speeding.  They found him and started talking to him like this was not the first time they've had this conversation, but in very muffled voices - although I just caught them asking about a black Audi. And then I woke up as I needed to pee and drink more water as the stone was still bothering me.

I think this happened a couple of times last night - the dream would get to some crucial and interesting point in the story and then I'd start to wake up.  I remember one time in the dream going, "Damnit!  No!  I want to see how this ends!"

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/18/19 10:14 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

It really sucks when there’s no closure!

NickD
NickD PowerDork
12/18/19 6:32 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

Also, “Like a hand truck down a spiral staircase” is going to be my new euphemism for when E36 M3 goes wrong. 

I worked it into a conversation today. The reaction was great.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/18/19 7:34 p.m.
NickD said:
Pete Gossett said:

Also, “Like a hand truck down a spiral staircase” is going to be my new euphemism for when E36 M3 goes wrong. 

I worked it into a conversation today. The reaction was great.

I love you. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/29/19 9:00 a.m.

It’s been a while, but I just had another one. 

I’m driving a mid-70’s El Dorado convertible, it’s white with white top, seats door panels, etc., but it has red carpet. At one point I’m driving through a doctor’s office - don’t ask me how an El Dorado fits through one - that’s also straight out of the 1970’s(even though the dream was set in the current era).

The doctor’s office had brown paneling, avocado shag carpet, and all the furniture & items were period-correct: an avocado rotary-dial phone, avocado & walnut chairs & furniture. As I’m driving through it I tell a nurse that I’ll buy the entire place as-is, but she replies they’re getting ready to remodel it. I’m both panicked & very sad. Then I woke up.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/29/19 9:35 a.m.

Last night I had the dream where I’d forgotten to drop a college class, had forgotten to go to the class, and the final is tomorrow. 

I graduated 8 years ago. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/2/20 5:04 a.m.

Last night’s dream:

I’m riding in the passenger seat as we drive into the decaying and dreary downtown of a small midwestern city. I think I’m in the car with one or more of my cousins, though I don’t really know them. We turn left at a stoplight & pull into the parking lot of the community center.   For some reason I didn’t know where we were, but I thought it was likely Frankfurt, IN.

The center is packed with senior citizens at different tables playing dominoes, bingo, and various card games. However the first thing I notice are the walls lined with traffic camera pics, mostly from the stoplight we’d just driven through - although the pics are taken from curb-height, not above. I focus in on one pic of a bluish-grey Prius making the same left turn we did, but from a view about 10’ off the left corner of the rear bumper. The Prius is leaning pretty hard to the right & there’s a slight blur to the image. I postulate that they must have been trying to make it before the left-turn arrow turned red, but failed. 

I sort of recognize a few of the senior citizens from memories of old family photos, but my cousins who I rode with seem to know everyone & have already started going from table to table. The senior citizens finish their games & several come up to see me. Random family chatter ensues, and I’m wondering how & why I ended up here, as it seems all of the 50+ people here are related to me somehow. A younger cousin who I’ve never met arrives & “introduces” himself with a loud “Wooo!”. Oh great, a party-boy...

The dream morphs & I’m outside a convenience store in the middle of the country/woods. Unlike most, there’s no paved parking lot, and instead of having fuel islands in front of the store, there’s a large dirt & grass bowl. It’s about 50’ in diameter and 5’ or 6’ deep. I’m talking to another cousin - apparently - about his time in the army stationed at a nearby “fort”.

Mr. Wooo! boy and a few of his buddies are riding in a Jeep Wrangle Unlimited around the inside of the bowl. The Jeep has a matching hard-top in the same dark-grey as the truck, and has the expected bolt-on mods you’d likely  see on any other Unlimited. 

They’re going pretty fast around the bowl & some how manage to lift the front wheel nearly straight up into the air. They complete almost 1/3-lap like this before coming over the top of the bowl & crashing down inches from an occupied vehicle parked outside the convenience store front door.  Then I woke up.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/13/20 7:26 a.m.

I’m back in my hometown meeting someone from the GRM forum who’s there to buy an antique truck from someone I know. Right as we pull up someone else I know has already bought the truck & is about to drive off with it. 

I start contacting everyone else I know, but they’ve either already sold their vehicle(s), or aren’t selling. We end up at an old mechanic’s shop. Up in a sketchy loft above the shop is a video arcade. And a monkey. I have my Haro up there & am trying to do tricks without: falling through the floor; rolling off the edge; hitting my head on the roof joists; running over children; or killing the monkey who keeps getting in my way.  Then I woke up.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/28/20 7:25 a.m.

I just had a dream about a musical instrument I'm pretty sure doesn't exist...

I was at the home of someone I didn’t know & I’m not sure why I was there, but looking through their sliding glass patio door I saw some instruments & we started talking music. He takes me in & shows me an instrument that he called a Fender “banjo bass”, but that’s not really what it was. 

It was a Telecaster bass body, with a 34” scale neck, but it was only about 2/3 as wide as a P-bass neck. It had a 5th tuner 1/2-way up the neck like a banjo, and had string gauges like one too, but the strings were in pairs like a mandolin. He handed it to me & I was checking it out, then I woke up.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/28/20 7:26 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

I just had a dream about a musical instrument I'm pretty sure doesn't exist...

I was at the home of someone I didn’t know & I’m not sure why I was there, but looking through their sliding glass patio door I saw some instruments & we started talking music. He takes me in & shows me an instrument that he called a Fender “banjo bass”, but that’s not really what it was. 

It was a Telecaster bass body, with a 34” scale neck, but it was only about 2/3 as wide as a P-bass neck. It had a 5th tuner 1/2-way up the neck like a banjo, and had string gauges like one too, but the strings were in pairs like a mandolin. He handed it to me & I was checking it out, then I woke up.

BuilBuit and tell us what it sounds like 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/28/20 7:31 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

35 years later I have that dream and I can't find the classroom for this final. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/28/20 7:33 a.m.

Carli woke up yesterday and told me she had a dream that she was yelling at Andy Neuman because he was going to get rid of his mustang for a minivan.  

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/28/20 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You really found a keeper with Carli. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/28/20 9:53 a.m.
mtn said:

Last night I had the dream where I’d forgotten to drop a college class, had forgotten to go to the class, and the final is tomorrow. 

I graduated 8 years ago. 

I had those dreams up to a few years ago.  I graduated in 1975.  

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/1/20 5:19 a.m.

I’m at an event, though I’m not sure what’s going on. There’s about 50 celebrities dressed in full medieval armor, mounted on horses - also in armor. They’re divided into 2 rows that face each other, about 25’ apart. 

The host/MC/whoever gives a signal and combat ensues.  Arrows start flying all over, then suddenly there’s a shriek of horror - Dolly Parton’s husband is nearly decapitated by a flying axe. It’s gruesome, yet the combat continues. I’m barely able to ponder what I’ve somehow stumbled upon, when I’m woken by my alarm & completely bewildered by the whole sequence.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/20/20 8:14 a.m.

We’re on vacation somewhere, and have a rental Jeep Wrangler. But this is an older one from the 1990’s, low-spec, dark blue with black plastic trim that’s all faded to a light grey after years of UV exposure. For some reason we’ve decided to extend our stay, so I go to the(equally low-spec) rental office, where they tell me they’re glad I came in because I shouldn’t have been driving around with antique tags on a rental. This puzzles me and makes me wonder if this was an employee’s personal vehicle vs. one from their regular fleet. 

The scene jumps & we’re sitting in a large dining hall, with rows upon rows of 8-foot long wooden dining tables, setup end-to-end, and all painted white. They don’t serve food here, but people have brought in food from different places - although many seem to be eating tacos & they smell delicious. I don’t know what we were eating, but the place empties out & I discover a box of uneaten tacos on a shelf under our table. So of course I try one - they taste even better than they smell. I stop one of the workers who’s cleaning up & ask where the tacos are from. They tell me it’s a nearby restaurant named “Soccer Crunch”.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
3/31/20 8:54 a.m.

I find a field full of old junk vehicles, but among them are 3 nice looking Triumph TR7’s, all in BRG with shiny paint. DaylanC decides he wants one, but despite the fact that I knew the reason these look so nice is because they were likely parked after little use since they were junk when new, I still do my best enabling to help him buy one. Sorry Daylan...

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
4/6/20 8:15 a.m.

My daughter’s Honda Fit was also an HP printer. I was under the gun to get it configured & installed correctly so she could drive to school & print out her homework in time. Besides having a couple extra paper trays, it had a duplexer, envelope feeder, and was at least 8-feet tall. I had to climb up the back of it to reach the control panel on top & knew there was no way she could reach her homework, but we did what her assignment asked, so I presumed the school could deal with that part.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/6/20 8:39 a.m.
spitfirebill said:
mtn said:

I graduated 8 years ago. 

I had those dreams up to a few years ago.  I graduated in 1975.  

Typical "stress dream," but yeah. At 41 years old, I still wake up going "Wait...I *did* graduate high school, right!?"

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/6/20 8:39 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Was the printer/FIt reading "PC load letter?" 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/6/20 8:40 a.m.

I had one last night that my brother had stolen a cop car, got pulled over towing it behind the Disco, and somehow talked his way out of it.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
4/8/20 8:18 a.m.

I had a fun one last night. I was competing in Hot Rod Drag Week (or some event similar, didn't actually ever hear that term in the dream) with Top Fuel driver/Hoonigan Leah Pritchett as a teammate in a ratty 351 Cleveland-powered stickshift 2nd-gen Bronco we bummed off David Freiburger.

I should pitch this idea to Motor Trend.

"A guy with no drag racing experience teams up with a pro drag racer to take on the ultimate event in a complete hooptie not really suited for said event."

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/8/20 9:33 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Was the printer/FIt reading "PC load letter?" 

Surprisingly, no. It was just general difficulty trying to get it to recognize all the installed options. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/25/20 9:46 a.m.

I had a dream that I saw a commercial for a new, smaller, Nissan Frontier that was created for commercial use. In addition to a couple with normal pickup beds, there was one with a flatbed, and a dually with a utility box on it. Even in my dream it was hard to imagine why many companies/people would choose one instead of a full-size truck.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/26/20 10:57 a.m.

I had one the other night. I posted it in the Minor Confession thread because I couldn't find this thread. But I'll put it here, because it was a real gem.

I had a dream last night where somebody had hired Samuel L Jackson to tail me and spy on me. But he was not particularly great at it because A) I kept catching sight of him out of the corner of my eye and B) anytime I saw him he was dressed up as a different character from a film he had been in. Once he was Nick Fury, another time he was The Octopus from The Spirit, another time he was Mace Windu. And then at the end, he apologized to me and said he was going after the people who had hired him to spy on me. I never did learn who they were or why anyone would want to keep tabs on me.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GVfkwofq8fuRjux5bnkHGBuGHDcQDrUElL8f4WMKMXft6S6g0bd3UyjwU3vCPCa5