1 2 3
confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/27/09 10:05 a.m.

Yeaup! It's that time again. Let's all write down all the crap that pisses us off so we can get it off our chests!

For me, it's people who don't show up to work. I just started work on Thursday of last week. The person who shares my job (and who was supposed to train me) hasn't been to work since Monday. I was trained for three days (if you can call it that). She supposedly broke her toe and was told by her doctor to get a few days of rest. Two, if I recall. I think that she's not here today so that she can round off the weekend nicely for herself. Why come in on Friday if you haven't been there all week, right?

Apparently, she misses at least one day EVERY week and has done so since she became employed here.

shiny happy person.

Your turn!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/27/09 10:08 a.m.

I have a severe rattle/clunk that occurs under my car ONLY between the speeds of 68mph and 74mph in 5th gear ONLY.

Obviously, since i can't seem to replicate the noise when i get under the car, because i'm not going between 68 and 74mph, i can't find it.

berkeleying piece of E36 M3 car.

curtis
curtis New Reader
3/27/09 10:14 a.m.

the luber with no credentials and no idea how engines and anything works makes like twice as much money as the next highest paid guy in my job because him and the service advisor are butt buddies.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/27/09 10:44 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: I have a severe rattle/clunk that occurs under my car ONLY between the speeds of 68mph and 74mph in 5th gear ONLY. Obviously, since i can't seem to replicate the noise when i get under the car, because i'm not going between 68 and 74mph, i can't find it. berkeleying piece of E36 M3 car.

Perhaps it's a loose or broken exhaust bracket. They tend to vibrate only at a certain frequency (mine did). This would be only under certain engine loads, rpms, and speeds. Check your exhaust brackets--all of them.

In fact, I just voted my own response up because that is a real possibility.

P71
P71 Dork
3/27/09 10:49 a.m.

The shiny happy person shop that swapped my P71's rear axle for busting the ABS sensor! The one time I don't do something myself!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/27/09 10:55 a.m.
confuZion3 wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: I have a severe rattle/clunk that occurs under my car ONLY between the speeds of 68mph and 74mph in 5th gear ONLY. Obviously, since i can't seem to replicate the noise when i get under the car, because i'm not going between 68 and 74mph, i can't find it. berkeleying piece of E36 M3 car.
Perhaps it's a loose or broken exhaust bracket. They tend to vibrate only at a certain frequency (mine did). This would be only under certain engine loads, rpms, and speeds. Check your exhaust brackets--all of them. In fact, I just voted my own response up because that is a real possibility.

Hrmmm.... good call. Time maybe to make my disgusting side exit exhaust while i'm down there. Thanks!

Bent shift forks in Civic EXs also grind my gears.

walterj
walterj Dork
3/27/09 11:01 a.m.

People who say they will ship something the day I order it and then don't.

We both know it only takes 2 days for UPS to bring stuff here. I ordered it on Monday... can they just be honest and admit they forgot? No, ofcourse not. They must swear they shipped it even though they cannot produce a tracking number.

I bet I get one of those "Billing info has been received for package" emails later today though... now that I have called and reminded them.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
3/27/09 11:02 a.m.

Having a potential Customer try to go around me after a couple of months of e-mails/calls/faxes and coming close to knocking me out of a substantial commission.

I will scorch the earth if it comes to pass and I get bypassed.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
3/27/09 11:37 a.m.

My bosses boss. He must have aced his micro-management course. He has to have his nose in what everyone is doing and wants to tell them how to do it and how long it should take them. He sets unrealistic time goals (physics and the laws of nature be damned) and if the stars are aligned, the moon is in phase and by some act of god you happen to meet his oppointed time line then that becomes the new standard and must be sped up the next time. Being a government owned cryogenic windtunnel we are VERY procedure oriented. Everything (including safety) has a step by step instruction sheet. We MUST follow the procedures to the letter unless he conciders it inconvienient at the time then he just gets a waiver, but if something happens then it still our fault because we were doing the job. He makes knee jerk decisions then blames other people when they don't work out.

Sorry for the rant but your thread gave me a chance to vent.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
3/27/09 12:49 p.m.

Liberals. Liberals piss me off (specifically when it comes to talking about drug laws).

Annnnnnnnnd I just floundered the thread

But seriously, how about when I was in lab on wednesday making an ice-bath for calibrating a temperature transmitter. So I am making the ice-bath near the sink, where another person is doing a different lab requiring a pressurized kettle used to make steam. Obviously dumbass didn't secure the lid properly. It boils, builds pressure, pops the lid, and sprays me with steam/really hot water. Now, I didn't really care (I moved away quick enough I didn't really get splashed much) and the guy looks up from halfway across the lab right at me. Obviously there is boiling water going all over the place so I pulled the plug on the kettle, then proceeded on my merry way. 5 minutes later, the guy freaks on me, asking why I unplugged it. I told him he looked right at me when I did it, and mabye if he didn't come to labs with his eyes glazed over there wouldn't be such a problem. I then told him to berkeley off, which elicited a response of physical voilence. I then proceeded to tell him I wasn't afraid of him and his druggie friends.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave New Reader
3/27/09 1:02 p.m.

I recently didn't get a job that I was highly qualified for (and would have really loved) because there weren't enough females or minorities on the list of selected personnel.

I have nothing against females or minorities, just the laws that give anyone advantages they don't deserve.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
3/27/09 1:06 p.m.

i guess i should just bring up hitler and we can go ahead and /thread

i'll give one though, people who "swing out" when turning right. right before they start turning right, they move way over left. it also seems that the more they slow down for the turn, the farther they go left, sometimes even into the next lane over. that, and worn synchros, grinds my gears

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/27/09 1:37 p.m.
DustoffDave wrote: I recently didn't get a job that I was highly qualified for (and would have really loved) because there weren't enough females or minorities on the list of selected personnel. I have nothing against females or minorities, just the laws that give anyone advantages they don't deserve.

I get really pissed off when it comes to issues of affirmative action (or as I call it, reverse discrimination). Basically, this is an "original sin" deal where ancestors of all white males are considered to have discriminated against non-whites and females and their children or other successors must be punished for it in retribution for the wrongs that their ancestors are considered to have committed against the ancestors of the people being benefitted.

My own mother, being a brilliant huwoman, knows how to take advantage of this. She is working with a small startup government contractor company made up of women and minorities. They get preferential status with government contracts which means that the government goes to them FIRST with contracts.

(People who take advantage of laws don't irritate me--this is legal and if you're smart enough to know how to win with what you're given, you deserve to win).

alex
alex Reader
3/27/09 1:45 p.m.

Slotted screws. Why are these not being systematically replaced by better fasteners? I almost never encountered them when working on motorcycles, but now that I'm working on houses, they're everywhere.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
3/27/09 1:48 p.m.

people who talk about torque as if it's a unit of measure all by itself, as in

"my mad tyte JDM y0! whatevertheberkeley pumps 300 hp / 280 tq"

it is unfortunate that the word "horsepower" has "power" in it and is also a unit of power (a cumbersome unit, but a unit nonetheless).

so that's what gets me today.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/27/09 1:50 p.m.

Democrats. When I really think about it, that pretty much sums it up for me.

Scott Lear
Scott Lear Club Editor
3/27/09 1:56 p.m.

The fact that Futurama is no more but The Simpsons is still on. Sure, they got some extra longevity with a quartet of DVDs, but if they don't make any more it'll be a damn shame.

These past few weeks, pollen is also pissing me off.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater New Reader
3/27/09 1:57 p.m.

Don't get your panties in a knot boss but when driving a Suburban it's often necessary to swing wide in order to miss the curb.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
3/27/09 2:08 p.m.

oh, and when people use the word "penultimate" to mean "super-ultimate" or "wicked sweet" or whatever superlative they're otherwise unable to conjure.

"penultimate" means "next to last in a series".

i guess that means there will only be one more debate on the GRM board. ever.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
3/27/09 2:10 p.m.
purplepeopleeater wrote: Don't get your panties in a knot boss but when driving a Suburban it's often necessary to swing wide in order to miss the curb.

i drove an f150 for more years than i haven't, i know how and how not to miss a curb. besides, those aren't the people i had in mind. i was talking about the morons in their small cars that not only nearly come to a complete stop, but swing out half way into my lane to make their turn. extra points if the side street is 4 lanes and the swing out was uneccesary.

probably a close second is people who cut the corner when there are more than one turn lanes. ex: two left turn lanes, they're in the right-hand left-turn-lane, and roll out and nearly drive across my hood because they were talking on the phone/texting/getting dressed/putting on makeup/reading (seen the same guy two separate times reading a novel in rush hour traffic)/making coffee

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
3/27/09 2:16 p.m.

people who fail to yeild, then on top of that they go 20 under the limit to get on the highway, and expect you to get out of the way. Oh that and freaking conservatives

DustoffDave
DustoffDave New Reader
3/27/09 2:20 p.m.
confuZion3 said: I get really pissed off when it comes to issues of affirmative action (or as I call it, reverse discrimination).

Yeah, I was supposed to be selected to be a MEDEVAC Pilot and got bumped off the list, now I sit at a desk and go to meetings. To appease me, they made me the #1 alternate, but the criteria eliminate an alternate from ever being selected.

So, I'm experiencing a whole plethora of ground gears today.

The "penultimate" of frustration

Toyman01
Toyman01 Reader
3/27/09 2:25 p.m.

People who refuse to maintain something and then bitch about the cost of repairs after it pukes it's gutts all over the floor.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
3/27/09 2:56 p.m.
DustoffDave wrote:
confuZion3 said: I get really pissed off when it comes to issues of affirmative action (or as I call it, reverse discrimination).
Yeah, I was supposed to be selected to be a MEDEVAC Pilot and got bumped off the list, now I sit at a desk and go to meetings. To appease me, they made me the #1 alternate, but the criteria eliminate an alternate from ever being selected. So, I'm experiencing a whole plethora of ground gears today. The "penultimate" of frustration

i would punch you if you were here....

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/27/09 2:59 p.m.
DustoffDave wrote:
Yeah, I was supposed to be selected to be a MEDEVAC Pilot and got bumped off the list, now I sit at a desk and go to meetings. To appease me, they made me the #1 alternate, but the criteria eliminate an alternate from ever being selected. So, I'm experiencing a whole plethora of ground gears today. The "penultimate" of frustration

I'd hang myself. Or become "a transgenderal individual" (huwoman).

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZJXzsr2NuLJd6F7At9C5RSTTWDMHqSQbirzL08VbgT5VWQevMi9M0cj1MT8g0oX5