1 2 3
PaulY
PaulY New Reader
3/27/09 4:06 p.m.

The highway i drive to work and back. In my books a highway should not have so many 4 way intersections every 3km. That and people who stop in merger lanes and wait to go over as if there was no lane.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
3/27/09 4:22 p.m.

One of my coworkers really gets on my nerve. He has a very low opinion of women and I guess he has never had to work with one who knew her E36 M3 before. I don't put up with his crap, and I don't let it show, but that dude really grinds my gears.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
3/27/09 4:32 p.m.

The Chicago Tribune just raised my quarterly subscription rate 40%.

I called to see if this was an error and asked them:

Did you know I can read this on-line for free?

Did you know a newspaper in Denver just folded?

Did you know my salary did not increase 40% this year?

I feel bad because the dude in the black Lincoln Mark VIII that delivers my paper will be the one who makes less money. And you know Lincoln's are not easy on gasoline......

benzbaron
benzbaron Reader
3/27/09 5:00 p.m.

If you have an issue with the newspaper trying to raise your rates go online and subscribe for the paper addidion online. When my dad went to renew the WSJ they tried to charge him 366$ or some BS, so he went online and found it for 99$ for a year. The paper now cost 2$ a day.

I'm getting tired of people on the damned cellphone totally unconcerned about you or anybody else and carrying on a meaningless conversation. I hate to break it but just cause you have a cellphone and talk on it 24/7 doesn't make you important.

The other thing is repair shops/parts stores which don't have patience or a sense of humor. If I don't know exactly what the part is called or how things go together, don't act like a dick. I went to a machine shop to have a bearing pressed out and I know a 40$ job ain't much, you can at least say "hello" and "goodbye" and not act like my small job is bothering you. Closest shop too.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
3/27/09 8:32 p.m.
benzbaron wrote: The other thing is repair shops/parts stores which don't have patience or a sense of humor. If I don't know exactly what the part is called or how things go together, don't act like a dick. I went to a machine shop to have a bearing pressed out and I know a 40$ job ain't much, you can at least say "hello" and "goodbye" and not act like my small job is bothering you. Closest shop too.

I called a local "chain" tire store (NOT the tire rack, those dudes rock) and asked them to pull four old tires off four rims I planned to sell on ebay. $50.00. Really? Yep, a lot of labor involved.

I went to wally world auto and they charged me $7.50 for four rims and they tossed the tires.

The above crap bugs me too. I thought they did work at a Discount......whoops.

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/27/09 8:49 p.m.

People who think that yielding means Chicago stop, i.e. almost but not really come to a stop. Dammit, people, if you can see that no one is coming don't stomp on the brakes and then gas it, you're Berklying up my rhythm. Take the corner as if it were a green light.

Jay
Jay Dork
3/28/09 6:21 a.m.

I missed a train the other day because I was blocked by two teenagers who decided riding the escalator down to the platform was a perfect opportunity for a deep tongue snogging. I understand that raging young hormones sometimes get the better of you at that age, but for crying out loud, you're not going to die of deprivation if you wait for the bottom of the 30-second escalator ride! ARGH.

It's people like them who make peole like ME into crotchety old men before we're even thirty. I wish they'd been on my lawn so I could have shouted at them to get off it.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
3/28/09 6:55 a.m.

"Get out of the fast land if you are NOT overtaking dammit."

Then there is the damned trucker who has to pull out to pass 15 other semis as you draw level with his rear bumper doing 30 mph more than he is.

I understand trucks are big and need more time to speed up or slow down but dude there is a mile of open space behind me.

Or words to that effect (berkeleyer and E36 M3 head deleted)

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan New Reader
3/28/09 7:02 a.m.

I work with half a dozen russian women waiting tables and the minority stake owner is married to one of them, I need say no more than that.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
3/28/09 7:31 a.m.

I have a co worker who is, for lack of a better set of words, a frickin' thief. That REALLY pisses me off, er, grinds my gears.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/28/09 8:50 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: oh, and when people use the word "penultimate" to mean "super-ultimate" or "wicked sweet" or whatever superlative they're otherwise unable to conjure. "penultimate" means "next to last in a series". i guess that means there will only be one more debate on the GRM board. ever.

"No, venti is twenty. Large is large. In fact, tall is large and grande is Spanish for large. Venti is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages."

Gimp
Gimp Dork
3/28/09 1:12 p.m.

The Venti is 20 ounces.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
3/28/09 4:42 p.m.

i just figured it out as I just got back from wally world..................

people who stand in the middle of an aisle and block it and sloooooowwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyyyy move over and act hacked that i was trying to get down the aisle.

i suppose it is my own fault for shopping at wally world on a saturday afternoon

ncjay
ncjay New Reader
3/29/09 5:52 p.m.

Let's see - just a few things that tick me off. Pretty empty 4 lane highway, but jerkoff has to either ride my bumper or pull right in front of me, people who drive with high beams on ALL THE TIME - stupid morons, people who come to the end of a highway entrance ramp and just stop, and finally people who feel the need to ride side by side and just let traffic pile up behind them. I'm all for making the last one a felony and the penalty is hanging.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
3/29/09 7:14 p.m.

ooh, how about fog lights at night when there's no fog?

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
3/29/09 7:27 p.m.

Ricer's. End of story

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Reader
3/29/09 10:26 p.m.

People who DRIVE with just their PARKING lights on... gargh!

+1 to the fog lights when there's no fog.

(Ogre-from-Revenge-of-the-Nerds)HYPERMILERS!!!!(/ogre). If fuel economy is such a concern to you, get out of the car and on a motorcycle! You never have anyone besides yourself in that damn hybrid, anyway. Better yet, get on a bicycle!

mtn
mtn Dork
3/30/09 12:45 a.m.

Why a tall is a small at starbucks. What the hell kind of logic is that? And whatever happened to Small, Medium,, and Large?

Luke
Luke Dork
3/30/09 1:10 a.m.

But those sensible English words aren't chic and trendy. I want to sip my over-sugared latte with the illusion that my miserable office job is not worlds away from a carefree Milanese lifestyle.

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
3/30/09 1:20 a.m.

More Starbucks annoyance:

Their "barristas" have a uinion.

Seriously. You work liquid fast food. RAGE.

mtn
mtn Dork
3/30/09 7:15 a.m.

While I'm at it with the starbucks: why a coffee that cost you 12 cents costs me 6.78, and why you look at me funny when I order it on one of the two times I'm there in a year.

Why fine=you are a berkeleying dumbass who cannot comprehend that i will not just tell you what i want because you are expected to know it even though I do no know it myself

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/30/09 8:15 a.m.
mtn wrote: Why a tall is a small at starbucks. What the hell kind of logic is that? And whatever happened to Small, Medium,, and Large?

Actually, a "Short" is a small. It's just not on the menu because nobody orders it. The rest are all mediums. Except for the Venti. That's 20.

And, uh, we all complain, but we all still pay the damn $6.78 for their coffee don't we?

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
3/30/09 8:46 a.m.

People who pay 6.78 for coffee.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
3/30/09 10:00 a.m.

People who complain about people paying too much for coffee. How about, I was stupid and forgot to set the coffee pot to autostart this morning? Besides I only spent $3 for my Irish cream latte at Seattle's Best (who are owned by Starbucks, but they have small, medium and large) I also received a discount because I brought my own cup. BTW, it is my money, who are you to dictate how I spend it? Did you earn that money? No? Good. Now shut your pie-hole.

The people that really grind my gears (aside from those of you getting all up in MY business) are the people on public transit that have no courtesy for other's personal space. Worse are the people who decide to discuss their personal business at volume over a cell phone on an otherwise silent electric train. If you'd cover your mouth, we couldn't hear and the person on the other end could hear you more clearly. Of course the jackasses with the blue tooth headsets (outside of the car) should simply be shot on site.

The best recently were the two people that made my attempt to enter the freeway so much more interesting. One was the ass in the AMG Mercedes that cut me off so that he could make the turn onto the road that led to the freeway on ramp. Second was the lady we all were stuck behind after we started up the hill onto the freeway. Her car had a clothing rod stuffed with clothes mounted in the back of her newer Impala. Thanks to her for slowly rolling up the hill at 30mph, accelerating to 40mph once on the onramp and then when I attempt to go around you, you tap the brakes. WTF? I swear I used my horn all the way onto the freeway. Then she flips me off once I go past her on the freeway? WTF? Sweety, if you've overloaded your car, don't take the goddamned freeway! This is Portland, there are very few parts of the freeway that aren't also paralleled by normal side streets.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
3/30/09 10:18 a.m.
fiat22turbo wrote: The people that really grind my gears (aside from those of you getting all up in MY business) are the people on public transit that have no courtesy for other's personal space. Worse are the people who decide to discuss their personal business at volume over a cell phone on an otherwise silent electric train. If you'd cover your mouth, we couldn't hear and the person on the other end could hear you more clearly. Of course the jackasses with the blue tooth headsets (outside of the car) should simply be shot on site.

You should look at them as entertainment. Especially the ones who give out personal information. I was behind a guy on the train who gave out his name, credit card number, exp date and the super secret three digit code. I started talking on my phone like I was ordering something, repeating the number, and exp date, then leaned forward and asked if his name started with Mc or Mac. He didn't see the humor. Other time we will do commentary on people's calls like it's a presidential speech, or I will loudly talk to noone about a made up embarassing/disgusting medical condition.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IgjKVKNrE5BrcvVDBGoQ7t1B5QdugOiFMlqm6SZLaY7IGBAIxCtkb1ce6J1VFJ6G