1 2 3
confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/30/09 10:54 a.m.

You know what grinds my gears? When people don't show up to work for a berkeleying week because they broke their toe. I was here for three days when the other person on my team decided to stay home for a berkeleying week.

Thanks, bitch. I hope they fire you.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
3/30/09 10:59 a.m.
Wally wrote: ... Other time we will do commentary on people's calls like it's a presidential speech, or I will loudly talk to noone about a made up embarassing/disgusting medical condition.

I like to do a kind of MST3K commentary while people talk on their cell phone in inappropriate palces.

BAMF
BAMF New Reader
3/30/09 10:16 p.m.

Ah, Starbucks. The yuppie McDonalds.

What really bugs me is the lack of respect for skilled craftspeople. Generally, but more specifically from architects and interior designers. Without them, the people who forgot how to draw would have nothing more than Autocad "drawings" to show their clients, and most would be exposed as frauds.

There aren't a lot of people in the world who can make quality custom furniture these days. If you're going to give a craftsperson a vague drawing and expect him or her to figure out the details for you, the least you can do is offer your respect and keep your markup reasonable. Also, you it would be nice to spec the craftsperson into the plans. Instead of wasting that person's time asking for budgetary numbers then making you suck up to each contractor bidding on the project.

Not to piss in the oatmeal of any architects or interior designers.

Monkeywrench
Monkeywrench Reader
3/30/09 10:36 p.m.

Yuppie couples wearing the same colored sweaters walking their stupid yuppie dog with get this... a matching sweater.

mtn
mtn Dork
3/30/09 10:44 p.m.

Yuppies

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/31/09 9:34 a.m.

Today, Toyota grinds my gears for deciding to mount the 5sfe engine in my 1991 Celica vert at an angle facing the firewall.

Of course, this makes it utterly impossible to see what you're doing, as well as get any tools behind the intake manifold to, you know, REMOVE IT.

So, head gaskets on 5sfe motors grind my gears.

Raze
Raze Reader
3/31/09 12:40 p.m.

You know what REALLY grinds my gears, all those mofos who try to pile on the GA-400 N ramp from I-285 E from the next 3 lanes (it's a 1 lane exit) in the afternoon in Atlanta so that the whole flow of traffic stops and I need to get off at Glenridge which happens to be on the same exit lane as 400 but which NO one will ever let me over, even after I hand gesture and explain I'm trying to get off MY exit and not steal THEIR spot in line to 400...

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
3/31/09 12:45 p.m.

People who race to get in front of you on the off ramp just to go plowing into the stopped cars because they are too stupid to just merge over while looking down the damn road. Oh no, wait. Those are the poeple that also make me laugh my berkeleying ass off as I go around them. Senseless.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
3/31/09 1:21 p.m.

I am an engineer and I designed the 5sfe engine in the 1991 Celica vertical angle facing the firewall. Brilliant I know. I would have done a better job but I was in my AMG stopped at a yeild sign during rush hour, on my blue tooth headseat hour yelling at the affirmative action hired funiture craftsman who couldn't understand my clearly detailed cocktail napkin I designed for my penultimate chair. It caused me to spill a bit of my Venti mocha cinimon craftsted whipped latte that cost me alomst $7. Which is a big deal, I had to save money on oil changes for my Merc in order to pay for the ridiculous cost of rebuilding the engine. I mean its just nuts and bolts, how hard can it be?For some reason peaple are upset with me, I mean you think that would have heard I just got an anal cyst drained, I was talking about it in line on my cellphone.

Rude! Peaple are just stuck in there own world sometimes.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave New Reader
3/31/09 1:41 p.m.

Oh, you're THAT guy?

Jay
Jay Dork
4/4/09 8:32 a.m.

Went through a long, nasty, cold, damp winter... didn't get sick.
Was in the boonies in Indonesia almost three months last fall... didn't get sick.
Spent countless hours flying in metal cans surrounded by mouth-breathers... didn't get sick.

First really nice weather of spring... picked up a STUPID cold from somewhere. Arrgh.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pJJUEQJvfdfDsP2ECOeDfYJCgMBzOQEeYUM3XulwTZHEaYKhmhWbKNZHM1EpRcSm