1 2 3
CRTurboGuy
CRTurboGuy None
2/2/17 5:11 p.m.

Zombie thread aside, I went with a 54" Hustler Fastrak SD when I was looking last summer. It was the last one with the commercial Kawasaki engine and has better hydros than their standard stuff. I cut my mowing time in half over my riding mower, wouldn't go back. From my research, it seems to be whatever you choose, it's best to go with something that has some dealer support nearby in case of issues.

--JOsh

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/3/17 7:05 a.m.

In reply to CRTurboGuy:

The Parker setup in those Hustlers are stout. Very durable.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
2/3/17 10:35 a.m.

Since I started this thread 2.5 years ago I figured I'd pop in and offer some closure. While on the hunt for a zero turn I found an old White garden tractor that had been sitting in a garage for a few years and wouldn't start. It was local and I ended up getting it for $50. Some fresh gas and a shot of quick start and it ran like a champ. Then I found a Toro 42" zero turn with a blown engine for $200. It was local as well so I picked it up too. The block was actually cracked so there was no saving that. I ended up swapping the engine from the White tractor onto it. After selling my original MF, with a blown transaxle, and the shell of the White tractor I ended up with a pretty decent Toro zero turn and about $60 in my pocket. All in all a very Grassroots outcome.

trucke
trucke Dork
2/3/17 10:45 a.m.
CRTurboGuy wrote: Zombie thread aside, I went with a 54" Hustler Fastrak SD when I was looking last summer. It was the last one with the commercial Kawasaki engine and has better hydros than their standard stuff. I cut my mowing time in half over my riding mower, wouldn't go back. From my research, it seems to be whatever you choose, it's best to go with something that has some dealer support nearby in case of issues. --JOsh

I bought my 52" Fastrak in 2003. Still going strong with Honda V-Twin Power.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/15/19 9:24 a.m.

Zero turn Canoe

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Mod Squad
2/15/19 9:29 a.m.

zombie thread, canoe deleted

garryroot
garryroot New Spammer
2/4/20 11:49 p.m.

The zero-turn direction system essentially means that it can rotate on itself. The drive hydraulics and individual [paddles allows that the canoes'] zero turn maneuver accurately and can rotate about its own axis, without being behind the radius of rotation. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s3gx0ThVbjYWHYs6cs2HskrBPz9CCalUt8Cc3cbYdFlpbg1LRUEXOayF9wc0M73s