84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/23/18 3:57 p.m.

Save me as this looks like a really solid deal to me at an asking price of 16K for a "done" project.  I can't decide if it's too nice to use for light duty truck stuff that I would have in mind for it...

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/d/1956-ford-100/6596674058.html

The original paint (red) was faded and thin in places and the wood in the bed was shot, but the body was in fantastic condition with the only exception being the usual dings in the bed sides and tailgate. The original 272 v-8 and 3spd od transmission worked fine. I wanted to restore the truck to original, stock condition and started down that path but subsequently found the steering effort and brakes, even in restored condition left a lot to be desired if I was going to enjoy this truck. So, I did a lot of research on front suspension systems, especially those used in 50's ford trucks and ultimately decided on the mustang ii setup. I wanted to stay "All ford" as much as I could so I purchased a brand new crate engine from a ford dealer and fatman sourced a b&m built ford aod transmission and 9" ford rear end for me. As much as I love this truck I have never really used it as much as I thought I would, thus the 1,500 miles on the clock since it was completed. New components installed: 5.0 liter ford racing long block engine assembly with gt-40 aluminum heads (320 hp). Ford racing starter. Ford motorsport headers. Zoops chrome engine/component brackets. Edelbrock manifold, carburetor & air cleaner. Holley electric fuel pump. B&m shifter/ford aod trans. Perma cool transmission oil cooler. Lokar ford aod kick down kit. Ididit tilt steering column. Autometer gauges. Pertronix electronic ignition. Taylor pro-series ignition wires. Vintage air conditioning & heater. Cool craft aluminum radiator (2012). Torque thrust ii wheels (15x8"Rear, 15x7"Front) bfg t/a radial tires. Flowmaster dual exhaust. No sound system but plenty of room to install your own. The truck has all original 1956 american steel in it with the exception of the bedsides and tailgate that were replaced during the project. In terms of any "Cons" on my truck.....The frame was not powder coated during the project, just painted black. The fuel sender may need to be replaced as the gauge seems to be off. Feel free to ask any questions. I will not take any trades.

cdowd
cdowd Dork
5/24/18 7:59 a.m.

That does seem to be a solid deal for that truck.  It looks very nice.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cj9qYU3uPC7DDW6lavMPLH6iChdJZopSDuIAtEgwkBoMZTARnGsJWfIeqqkm2xOJ