1 2
moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
9/8/18 5:31 p.m.

It has been sort of for sale for a little while but I have not gotten around to posting an actual ad anywhere before now.

It's a 94 Black Mazda Miata, Hardtop, LSD, 1.8L, ABS, 180,179 miles. The previous owner used to DD it, until a dead deer fell off a hunter's truck and hit the front end, which caused his insurance company to total the Miata at the end of 2014.  He bought it back, and we bought it from him in January 2015 and have the MD title it came with.  We only trailered it to events, so have never registered it.  The passenger side front end got brunt of the hit, so we replaced the passenger front headlamp assembly and passenger fender and massaged the hood so it would close properly. The front bumper has some cracks but still works fine. The hardtop is bolted on as it was only used for rallyx.

Mods:
Koni shocks with Koni coilover perches with 9" summit racing springs. I think F350/R220 rates but I would have to double check to confirm.  I can find a set of stock springs to go with it also if you want.
Lightweight flywheel. 9# INDIGO aluminum billet flywheel
Racing Beat solid front sway bar
Removed rear bar.
Leather NB2 drivers seat - Poor condition
Passenger seat I think has a foamectomy and is cut for a five point harness.
Catback exhaust replaced early 2015 with cheapest one I could fine on Amazon.

Overheated in early-mid 2015, replaced the timing belt/water pump/radiator when I was fixing the head gasket.  Head was machined at that time and we went back to racing it.

We switched to an NB in late-mid 2016 and it's been sitting since then.

Currently has a gray plastidipped drivers side mirror and a gray plastidipped passengers side fender.

Comes on steel wheels with tires that are black and still roll.  I make no promises on the tires past that.

Rust - Rallyx removed the paint and now there is some rust on the normal NA Miata spots.

Radio - Not working.  No idea why.

Missing one of the frankenstein bolts.  Since the hardtop is bolted on this does not matter that much.
The softtop is not in great shape.  I know the window has fallen out of it but don't know much more than that.

I am sure there is more good and bad that I forgot to put in here but I have too many Miatas right now and want to get some other cars.

$2100
Located in Woodbridge, VA.

Pass side rocker

Drivers side Rocker

Hood and front bumper

Hardtop is plastidipped black.  I can see some red and some blue under that so who knows what color it is.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/9/18 7:50 a.m.

Can I call dibs? If you think a stupid person could drive it back to Texas, I have an idea.......

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/9/18 7:58 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Can I call dibs? If you think a stupid person could drive it back to Texas, I have an idea.......

You fly into Cleveland Thursday, I pick you up after work and we head toward VA, pick up miata, pick up my camaro, visit Gimp, hit the Nelsons, back to ohio, mount new tires on miata and give it a once over and send you on your way?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
9/9/18 8:00 a.m.

Nice buy here. 

mazdeuce - Seth
9/9/18 8:08 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That would be a plan worthy of writing a book about. laugh

All I need to do is make sure my wife won't assassinate me and I think we've got a plan...............

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
9/9/18 8:12 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Replied to your pm. 

mazdeuce - Seth
9/9/18 8:17 a.m.

I think I just bought a Miata? My wife hasn​​​​​​'t woken up yet. Breakfast is going to be interesting.........

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
9/9/18 8:28 a.m.

Sold to mazdeuce assuming he survives breakfast. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/9/18 8:35 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I’m down.  I just did some math and if the nose of the camaro tucks into the V nose of the trailer like i think it will, they’ll both fit in the trailer.  

mazdeuce - Seth
9/9/18 8:47 a.m.

My wife didn't kill me! 

I'm so excited! And I don't even like Miatas.  

For anyone following along, the car is in Virginia. I'm in Houston. My partner in crime for this is in Dallas. Pete Gossett has a rust free shell in Mississippi, and Patrick says he can pick us up in Cleveland. Pretty sure I'm going to have to make a build thread........

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/9/18 8:57 a.m.

Call me later.  Going to home derpot for supplies to build bunk beds.  Ive had this trip planned for months so what’s a little wrinkle?  My plan was to get close to frederick md after work Thursday, stay, do car things friday and head home Friday night.  

I’m only like 20 minutes from CLE (cleveland hopkins airport) so worst case a ride here isn’t bad.  

XLR99
XLR99 Dork
9/9/18 9:07 a.m.

Let me know when you get back to Cleveland and I'll swing by to help/hinder for awhile! 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/9/18 6:35 p.m.

I finally get to drive a miata, and best part is it’s not my miata!  Time to clean out the trailer.  

mazdeuce - Seth
9/9/18 6:54 p.m.

This is an absolutely absurd falling together of enablers to make this happen. Time to start a build thread. laugh

APEowner
APEowner Dork
9/9/18 7:24 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

My wife didn't kill me! 

For anyone following along, the car is in Virginia. I'm in Houston. My partner in crime for this is in Dallas. Pete Gossett has a rust free shell in Mississippi, and Patrick says he can pick us up in Cleveland. Pretty sure I'm going to have to make a build thread........

Once again I'm struck by how patient and awesome a woman Mrs. Deuce is. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
9/9/18 7:36 p.m.

This seems to straddle the line between a build thread & an adventure. Regardless, you’ll do an awesome job documenting it!

I still think lifting my rolling chassis up & straddling it sideways over the bed of your truck would probably be at least the 3rd or 4th safest way for you to get it home.  

spacecadet
spacecadet Reader
9/9/18 8:25 p.m.
APEowner said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

My wife didn't kill me! 

Once again I'm struck by how patient and awesome a woman Mrs. Deuce is. 

Dude.... he plays down how much of an enabler she is.... she's mostly down with these cheapo hair brained ideas as much as he is... 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/9/18 8:28 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

I have a feeling Mrs Deuce is a lot like Mrs Patrick.  

mazdeuce - Seth
9/10/18 7:02 a.m.

My wife has, at times, called me back from the abyss of automotive stupidity. She is almost always supportive of ideas that will engage me intellectually at those are the projects that keep me happiest. Cheap projects that engage me are her favorites. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
9/10/18 10:04 a.m.
Patrick said:

Call me later.  Going to home derpot for supplies to build bunk beds.  Ive had this trip planned for months so what’s a little wrinkle?  My plan was to get close to frederick md after work Thursday, stay, do car things friday and head home Friday night.  

I’m only like 20 minutes from CLE (cleveland hopkins airport) so worst case a ride here isn’t bad.  

I work in Frederick... And live just across the border in PA. Is this planned for this weekend? 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/10/18 10:11 a.m.
Patrick said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

You fly into Cleveland Thursday, I pick you up after work and we head toward VA, pick up miata, pick up my camaro, visit Gimp, hit the Nelsons, back to ohio, mount new tires on miata and give it a once over and send you on your way?

Depending on when you're leaving the Nelsons for Ohio and how much of a hurry y'all are in, there may a bit of a BBQ going on here if you decide you need a rest stop. To be less vague, Saturday night I'm smoking a pigs head and some ham hocks. 

mazdeuce - Seth
9/10/18 11:09 a.m.

I think car transport is happening early in the weekend. It will end up at Patricks house so he can inspect/hoon it and I'll fly up and get it when scheduling makes sense. Unless of course someone wants to drive it from Patricks to the Challenge and then I can convince Pete Gossett that he wants to drive it back to his house and then the car and the shell will be in the same place a mere 7 hours from home. Now that I think about it, I could probably sell some part for $82 and enter the Challenge. Anyone? 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
9/10/18 11:49 a.m.

Buy the car for $1100 and the hard top for $1000. ;)

mazdeuce - Seth
9/10/18 12:07 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

That would work too. There are a number of ways we could convince the judges that entering a car that I hadn't seen until the night before the event was totally legit. The big issue is finding someone who wants to be a member of my "team" by driving the car from Patrick's to Florida. I can guarantee full team membership, I'll make you a t-shirt to comemerate the stupidity, and you can crash on the floor of my hotel room. Who's in?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
9/10/18 12:11 p.m.

If I didn't already have a really dumb plan for the challenge this year, this would be my new really dumb plan.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L6xwGc6ldvkGzOSl3x79kIIWTx3GINghtDDkRov2pnBBm2MEkKCZELZ3DHXwHxZZ