Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/16/18 10:33 a.m.

My wife decided she wants a Wrangler (likely a YJ), so we're looking to sell the family beach cruiser.  We bought it from the original owner about 18 months ago.  He's a diesel mechanic who bought it new in FL and took very good care of it.  This is the spec you want:  V8 351 Windsor 4x4 w/WARN manual locking hubs.   With +220k miles it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.  I wouldn't use this one as a restoration candidate...but it's presentable, well cared for, and would be really nice with a new front fender and a little bondo on the rear wheel arches (my opinion). 

The Good:. Recent mechanical work includes water pump, brake lines, shocks and springs, tailgate window seals. Working 4wd. AC is ice cold. Newer stereo and speakers with Aux-in. Interior is extremely clean.  The interior is extremely clean. It's driven daily.  90% of the paint looks amazing.  The owner added a bracket to the back of the roof so you can use a Thule rain gutter roof rack.  It does have a towing package, but the only towing it's done has been the prior owner's paddleboard trailer (or so I've been told).

The less good:
It's an old truck and there is some rust, so take a look at the pictures. It spent a few years in Vermont, and it shows.     Slow oil leak from the rear main seal.  I don't typically add oil between oil changes, so it's not too bad.  The tailgate window motor works, but the safety switch is a little wonky, so it's disconnected (we just direct wire it when it needs to go up/down pretty simple).

She's willing to go as low as $2,900 this weekend.  If it doesn't sell quick, we'll reevaluate and take take our time.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/16/18 10:37 a.m.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/16/18 10:43 a.m.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
8/17/18 11:30 a.m.

Second best year of Bronco with the best engine option.  Lol, mines a 96 so I'm partial.  Free bump, good luck with sale

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/27/18 12:51 p.m.

Still for sale.  I had the wiring in the tailgate fixed, so that's now working fine.  The wife is having second thoughts about selling it.  Also open to trades for interesting 4x4s (YJ Wranglers w/soft tops preferred).  

Our Preferred Partners
lRo9tzWMi5GftUpocErEOMZdVa8JSZoVmiCWJQjKd47axvbOysavXpFoyqSHrDPf