Shawnb
Shawnb Reader
7/30/18 12:46 p.m.

What's more unreliable than a Land Rover Discovery?

2000 Audi S4! 

This is a one family owned B5 Audi S4 6 speed manual. It was the fathers vehicle, and passed onto the son after his passing. He decided to sell the vehicle after not having a use for it, after owning it for years. I've been traveling the country over the past month, and stumbled upon this rare gem. Back when these were much newer I owned one, and purchased this out of nostalgic reasons with ideas of turning this into a fun toy. After looking into how much it would cost to fully modify this S4, the way I wanted it's probably best I move on. 

I drove this S4 a little under 15 hours back to my house, and it didn't miss a beat. As stated it was a one owner family vehicle, and has always been well taken care of. Over the previous few years, it was being used less and less so it was finally offered up for sale. I have stacks and stacks of service records, which are not all of them either. The turbos and clutch were replaced at some point, but he couldn't find the service records for either. 

Recent service within the last 5,000 miles:

- Timing belt kit
- Waterpump 
- Brakes

There's no check engine light on, it pulls as a stock S4 should. The abs light is on, and I have no idea why. Haven't looked into it. Worst case a rebuilt module is under $200. The AC works great. Windshield wiper fluid reservoir leaks, and the warning area that lets you know this in the dash is pixilated. (Common)  It's always been a non smoking vehicle, and has always been stock. 

Given the age and mileage, it's obviously not perfect. But it's a well cared for S4, that would make someone a great project or a daily driver if you put a few bucks into it. Again, I just drove this almost 15 hours home without a single hiccup. Great value for such a rare vehicle.

$3,500 

30 mins outside of Charlotte,NC. Possibly open to trades?

psteav
psteav Dork
7/30/18 2:02 p.m.

Did I miss a mention of mileage?  

Shawnb
Shawnb Reader
7/30/18 2:57 p.m.
psteav said:

Did I miss a mention of mileage?  

Cant believe I forgot that, it’s the best part. 

268,xxx

Turbine
Turbine New Reader
9/27/18 10:25 p.m.

I’ve always loved these cars, but I’ve never owned one. I’ve gotta sell my m3 and my urs6 first, but in the off chance that it’s still around in a few months, I’d be interested lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ok2pfRIhM3DSlxLtOfALiXVx0bzR9fDrk6P0XaAD3DQtSKyz3bMMUzbuwDokFP4q