m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
4/19/18 11:21 a.m.

I've got a 2001 Sequoia 4.7l that is a total rat pain in the ass... before I firesale it on CL if anyone wants it let me know. 
187k miles. Right now I think its got injector problems - starts but doesn't want to idle and when you raise the RPM it smells like raw fuel at the tailpipe. I was going to use it for a tow-vehicle but I don't need it anymore and I'm tired of dealing with it. New radiator, hoses, thermostat and new COPs within the last 100 miles. I'm in it for way more than I can sell it for but would like to get something in the neighborhood of $1200ish?

Its got a 2UZ-FE in it if you want to swap it into something and recycle the shell too. Clean Title.  Contact me at steve (at) swiger (dot) com or text me EightOne3 - 78Five - NinetyNine3Five

Thanks!

Steve 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled New Reader
4/19/18 11:25 a.m.

Wish this was closer - GLWS

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/19/18 12:59 p.m.

GLWS.. if it was closer I would buy.

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
4/19/18 2:24 p.m.

I may have a friend in Tarpon Springs who wants this. Brb

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/19/18 3:53 p.m.

Awesome ad. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/19/18 6:43 p.m.

Also, LMK if you want this moved to the $2018 Classified forum. :)

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
4/19/18 7:30 p.m.

@david I figured its not really race-able - unless someone wants the driveline for a swap. 4.7l of japanese V8 goodness!

@sobe_death - let me know!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/19/18 7:51 p.m.

In reply to m1sandman :

But it's where the bargain shoppers tend to gravitate to and this looks like a bargain!  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/20/18 7:38 a.m.

Whatever the problem is , is the exact same thing my Nissan truck is doing. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
4/20/18 11:55 p.m.

If the engine internals are in good shape, it is certainly worth fixing.

The Land Cruisers and 4Runners get all of the love, but these are legitimate Tahoe/Yukon replacements without the associated price premium on the GM twins I see in my area.

I am also guessing it is not a 4x4.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
4/21/18 12:00 a.m.

raw fuel at the tail pipe?  color me stupid but i forgot to reconnect one of the spark plug wires rushing to do the plugs at dusk on the s-10 and whilst it ran 'fine' there was a fair amount of smoke and liquid coming out of the right tail pipe. blush

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
4/21/18 4:10 a.m.

Part of me is interested... But then there's this little tick in my head about having to  do the timing belt, water pump, etc on a 1uz SC400 that makes me cringe at the idea of working on another related engine. That and not sure if 4x4 or not. Not necessary, but it sure is nice at the boat ramp to not worry about sliding backwards into the drink.

EDIT. Doesn't have 3rd row seating does it?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
4/21/18 4:56 a.m.
Mr. Lee said:

Part of me is interested... But then there's this little tick in my head about having to  do the timing belt, water pump, etc on a 1uz SC400 that makes me cringe at the idea of working on another related engine. That and not sure if 4x4 or not. Not necessary, but it sure is nice at the boat ramp to not worry about sliding backwards into the drink.

EDIT. Doesn't have 3rd row seating does it?

You've pretty much talked yourself into at this point and we have a buyer. wink

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
4/21/18 9:29 a.m.

Interior fairly clean?

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
4/21/18 11:21 a.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

LOL I'm thinking about for my sister and her pack of vehicle destroying hellions. err I mean children... I mean my nieces and nephew. Right now she's borrowing a vehicle from my parents, and the last time I looked inside the truck I got sick from the way it was being taken care of. 

The other thought is a possible replacement for my X-cab long bed Silverado. I would rather have the SUV for all our "kids" than the truck.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
4/22/18 7:16 p.m.

Timing belt is pretty easy on the 4Runner, I am betting it is easier in one of these.

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
4/23/18 8:12 a.m.

I've got a handshake deal with a forum-member's brother who is local to me. Glad its going to a good home and enjoyed meeting him immensely!

To answer the questions above, it is 2WD and yes, it has 3 rows of seats and seats 7. The interior is delightfully ratty... great hauler for dogs, snotty kids, or all your wet friends after a day on the water...

white_fly
white_fly Reader
4/23/18 8:29 a.m.

Glad you got to meet my brother. He's pretty excited about it!

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
4/23/18 9:55 a.m.

In reply to white_fly :

Really appreciate you putting us in touch!

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
4/23/18 10:44 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Timing belt is pretty easy on the 4Runner, I am betting it is easier in one of these.

Nope. Timing belt tensioner requires a press to reset it. Not to mention at least in the SC400 the engine mounts had to be disconnected per the manual. I just backed out the studs for the AC mount. royal pain.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
4/24/18 7:41 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

it's not hard (I've done it on my Sequoia), but time-consuming since a lot of things have to come out of the way. All while leaning over (or under) the tall front end :)

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
4/25/18 7:55 a.m.

In reply to irish44j :

@irish - I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
miQe6SrEGMbXybYcc9X2QcI50SuWEG4uhtDEUMrERjiYwJbuBNeAvsRMiSKITGoq