mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/15/18 12:13 a.m.

Mine. Very affiliated. Because the seller is me. 

Price drop: $5200

2006 Acura TSX. Very good condition

-Sunroof

-Black Leather Seats

-Automatic transmission

-SIRIUS XM radio (subscription not included)

-Auxiliary input

-6 CD changer

-Navigation

-AC system replaced in June 2018

-New Alternator and battery in March/April 2018

-New tires in February 2016

-All service records available. If I can find them (currently have all but a couple oil changes and the alternator/AC, but you can see that they’re shiny new)

Issues: wife parked over a parking curb. When she backed up, the bumper broke a clip. On the drivers side it pokes out about 5mm. It was also rear ended at a very low speed. I’ve tried to show it in photos, but it doesn’t really show up. Worse in person; most folks wouldn’t notice. You guys would. 

For this crowd, I’m asking $5,200. Can do a package deal with the Tribute I have for sale, or the Miata (which doesn’t have a thread right now, I really need to wash it before I list it). 

Located in the western Chicago suburbs. PM me, or call or text at 8for7-tree6tree-4O97

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/15/18 12:16 a.m.

Bumper that isn’t lined up quite perfectly—could be fixed with some epoxy, just a broken clip. 

Back bumper damage

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/18 8:49 a.m.

That's pretty clean!  GLWS.  These are nice-driving commuter cars.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/15/18 10:02 a.m.
Duke said:

That's pretty clean!  GLWS.  These are nice-driving commuter cars.

Thanks Duke. 

It is a very nice driving car; I just am not in love with it. My dad wants to buy it, but I keep talking him out because I know he won’t be happy with it for more than 6 months for the same reasons I’m not happy with it. 

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
7/15/18 11:33 p.m.

Very clean, GLWS. Can I ask what it is that you don't like about the car? These were on my list the last time I shopped for a practical commuter non-project, but I ended up with e46 before I found one to even drive. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/16/18 12:09 a.m.
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) said:

Very clean, GLWS. Can I ask what it is that you don't like about the car? These were on my list the last time I shopped for a practical commuter non-project, but I ended up with e46 before I found one to even drive. 

FWD and automatic, mostly. It is among the best FWD cars I’ve ever driven. It is also one of the best automatics I’ve ever driven. But I just don’t love it. Perfectly competent, handles very well... 

My brother has one in a manual, and I like that one much more. But at the end of the day, I just like the feel of RWD better. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/16/18 12:11 a.m.

Oh, one thing about these that I really love: the styling. I think that it is one of the more understated but near perfect designs out there for a 4 Door.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/16/18 8:57 a.m.

Very clean, GLWS. Can I ask what it is that you don't like about the car?

It's the nicest Civic or 4-cylinder Accord Honda ever made (it is actually the European Accord, in Acura badges).  It's smooth and quiet and comfortable,and it will cruise all day at 75-80 mph without getting out of breath.  It's firm enough to be entertaining in the curves.  It's very pleasant to be in and drive, but it doesn't necessarily grab you, I agree.  The 5-speed automatic is actually very good, but it does keep you out of VTEC.  They are  more rewarding to drive with the 6-speed manual.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/16/18 9:03 a.m.
Duke said:

Very clean, GLWS. Can I ask what it is that you don't like about the car?

It's the nicest Civic or 4-cylinder Accord Honda ever made (it is actually the European Accord, in Acura badges).  It's smooth and quiet and comfortable,and it will cruise all day at 75-80 mph without getting out of breath.  It's firm enough to be entertaining in the curves.  It's very pleasant to be in and drive, but it doesn't necessarily grab you, I agree.  The 5-speed automatic is actually very good, but it does keep you out of VTEC.  They are much more rewarding to drive with the 6-speed manual.

My anecdotal evidence says it does better at 80+ than it does at 75mph as far as mileage goes.

I really cannot stress enough how much it bothers me how much I don't like this car. By just about any measure I should love it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/16/18 11:41 a.m.

Now that we're done kinda talking down the TSX, I feel it is very important to re-emphasize what nice daily commuters they are.  In 14 years of ownership, mine has never let me down once, and has required almost no major maintenance.  Everything still works fine and like mtn's, it still carries off a good appearance.

Maybe the most telling data point is that I sold off my 2003 325i / manual, which was due for the typical BMW 120,000-mile refresh but otherwise solid, and kept the 2004 TSX.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/16/18 8:23 p.m.

Price drop: $5200 for the GRMers

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/17/18 7:10 p.m.

SOLD

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/18/18 9:01 a.m.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for it?  It's OK if you don't want to share.  I am kind of astounded at dealer asking prices and book value on these.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/18/18 9:52 a.m.
Duke said:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for it?  It's OK if you don't want to share.  I am kind of astounded at dealer asking prices and book value on these.

$5,200. Kid had called and told me he could do $5,000 best case, and didn't want to waste my time with a test drive if I couldn't go that low. I gave him the price I gave here of $5,200. His dad gave him the $200 to make the difference. I'd had another offer of $5k earlier, and turned it down because the guy really annoyed me and really wasted my time. He kept insisting that I needed to lower the price because the timing hadn't been looked at in 15k miles. He seemed to be... I dunno, slightly off. 

I'd had a cash offer of $6,000 earlier in the week, but the guy worked nights and we could never synch up--that offer was alive for about 7 hours before he bought something else (and he never even saw the vehicle).

MMR was probably about $4-4.5k. Carmax offered $3k, the Kia dealer offered $3.2k on trade. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
17JQrrVTpQqtcYnQ1byO2DFZndeRs5VuPsUusLwYPNxpVOjDOmkDG3RLB6yCsIo0