MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
4/3/18 8:19 p.m.

Email me for photos, until I get a chance to upload it on some type of photo sharing site! It was supposed to be my daily/autocross car. I have no time to fix it up, so it's been sitting in the garage for a few months. SCCA also won't reclass the car so it is stuck with the Civic Type R and Camaro 2.0t, which I think are way faster than this. I picked this up from the original owner/family - title is in the mother's name but I bought it off her son who had been driving it since new.

2009 Cobalt SS/TC Sedan with the G85 package (LSD and stuff). 156k miles and not going up. $5k, no trades

Current maintenance items finished:

- New Stant tstat

- New post cat O2 sensor

- New fuel lines (replaced the metal ones known for rusting out with nylon lines)

- New FE5 (turbocharged) control arms

- New sway bar bushings.

- Trans fluid, air filter, cabin filter and spark plugs all replaced. Old plugs looked healthy.

- Previous owner replaced the following before I picked it up: brake pads, struts, endlinks, two front tires

- Previous owner said the following has been replaced: clutch, and turbo, all at 100k.

Issues:

- Drivers rear window regulator is bad

- Two rear tires don't match, should buy 1 Conti DWS06 to match them up

Throw some Konis, a rear bar, and rear bushings on it and this will be a fun autocross car. I just don't have the time to do it, and my E36 is already fully prepped.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
4/13/18 9:53 p.m.

Not even a little interest?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
4/14/18 9:04 a.m.

The mileage and price seem to be a bit off to me

IMO most buyer who can lay down $6k cash will just put that same cash down on a new/ lower mileage car and I am not sure this car could be financed.

And yes it's a nice ride.

Paul B

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/14/18 9:14 a.m.
Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
4/14/18 11:32 a.m.

I was not aware that banks were financing cars over 100K miles. Good to know.

Mini, if you are willing to work with a bank maybe you should put a link in the ad to PENN .

Paul B

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
4/15/18 8:27 p.m.

Hmm, didn't realize that this was price so high and people would need to take a loan out on one. Well, the price is always negotiable.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
4/24/18 10:27 p.m.

$5000 to a GRM'er

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
7/7/18 9:24 p.m.

I can't figure out the O2 sensor CEL to this. $4k to a GRM'er

Thermostat has been fixed so only CEL is due to an O2 sensor.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
7/9/18 9:48 a.m.

post not found.  sold or expired?  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
7/9/18 10:38 a.m.

Amazing the difference in demand for these vs SRT-4s.  If I had the time/space for another car, I’d be interested.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
7/9/18 11:53 a.m.
xflowgolf said:

post not found.  sold or expired?  

AH yea that ad was old. I'll edit the initial post for more details.

Getting really close to taking it to the dealer and getting it checked out. I do want to drive it, especially since my commute is going from 25 miles to 100 miles and the Tahoe won't cut it for that mileage.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GGUl5d1dMZ6e3m00H6MyOB0gDBqVHWjGvtldypjjcjmAgY4qP9b5vb91likVBOSe