Slash621 New Reader
1/30/18 12:49 p.m.

SOLD! 

https://imgur.com/a/4rLW0 - Gallery, more pics available on request

2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT

~64,500 Miles

2nd Owner

Pearl White on Black Leather / Piano / Sport Fabric interior

This Mazdaspeed 3 is tastefully modified to be a highway cruiser and reliable HPDE companion.  With cars such as the Megane RS and Focus ST that rotate on lift as my template I tried to build a car capable of crossing the country with tools in the back for HPDEs.   The powertrain is (and always has been) 100% stock with the CPE Stage 2 rear motor mount for better shift feel.  Brakes and suspension mods are the focus trying to make the handling as neutral and adjustable as possible while maintaining reasonable costs.  The car has been tracked for a total of 19 hours over 2 years at Daytona, Sebring, PBIR and Homestead as well as 2 autocross events @ GCAC Fort Myers.  It's only been off-track once at Sebring where I went down the paved runoff at turn 10 to avoid a spun car.

Coming from an aviation MRO background I approach the car the same way as I do the aircraft.  It's my lifeline in a dangerous activity.  Brakes and lines are #1, high speed stability #2.  Braided lines, quality rotors and pads and the best fluid I could find.  Every bolt is to spec, even the wheel lugs before each session (I'm THAT guy...).  All the modifications were performed myself in my spare time and with a couple exceptions noted below are as flawless as possible.   Oil has been Rotella T6 during my ownership and Mobil 1 for the first owner.  Gearbox fluid is the magical (Unicorn p***) Ford Synthetic from the Euro Focus RS and Castrol SRF Brake Fluid changed every 6 months or 2 track days (never boiled or faded, that stuff is GOLD!).  Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports with about 60% Life Remaining.  If you want more detail I have the entire maintenance log since ownership along with all torque specs for everything I touched etc. available on request if you come to view the car.

The car has been a wonderful companion for long commutes in Miami, a roadtrip to canada and the Dragon and the Rally Lap of Florida where it was the "Pesky Mazda" the Carreras couldn't get away from (I can't pass them but the brakes on this car are amazing).  The only track failure was a heater hose nicked by a rock @ Sebring. 

Why am I giving it up?  Well, my work takes me overseas to south east asia and it's been more and more difficult to come back and make sure the car is running perfectly.   I keep thinking I'll take a big bonus and move home but life out there is addicting and I've gotta choose.  We are selling our house / car etc....  I even got a rental car so I didn't drive the MS3 during this trip home and get re-attached during this cold florida boosting weather....

Someone please let this horse run when I can't...

$9,000 obo

239-849-7777

------------------------------------------------------------

Good:

Great Interior Condition

Very neutral driving dynamics due to setup and alignment, can adjust with Rear Sway Bar & shocks as desired

100% Always been stock drivetrain

Pearl White paint in general is in great condition

No Timing Chain slack

No Smoking Turbo

Bad :

Trunk Rattle (2/10 annoying) - I just cant find it... trust me I've had the whole car apart and I can't find it!

Front strut tower knock - the top nut on the Konis just wont stay put more than 1-2 months.  Torque wrench it down every once in a while.

Ugly:

First Owner had a tree fall on the roof rack and it put 2 dents in the top rails (See the gallery) no paint scratched, just a small dents, cant see at 5 ft.

First Owner backed up and scraped the right passenger door area and there's some rust and paint damage (see gallery)

Other Nicks and very small dings (See gallery)

Modifications:

Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Centric Cryo-High Carbon Plain 125 Series Rotors

EBC Yellowstuff Pads (front and rear) – On Car + Spare Set

StopTech (950.6101) Brake Lines Front, Stainless Steel

StopTech (950.61504) Brake Lines Rear, Stainless Steel

JBR 125 Rear Sway Bar (set to the middle setting)

Koni Yellows (Set to 2 front [use this to tune] and 3 [middle setting, dont touch] rear)

Swift Springs

Apex Alignment Miami - zero toe alignment setup

CPE Stage 2 Rear Motor Mount

AntennaX The Shorty (5-inch) Antenna for Mazda 3

Slash621
Slash621 New Reader
1/30/18 12:59 p.m.

Also... Cryptocurrency as payment is great (Bitcoin & Ethereum only please).  Exchange rate TBD at the moment before electronic title transfer.  Transfer to be confirmed after block confirmation (6 confirms for BTC, 15 for Ethereum). 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
1/30/18 2:43 p.m.

Oddly - exactly what I was looking for. Let me know if you don't get my email.

Andy

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
1/30/18 3:02 p.m.

If only you took GarlicCoin.

Slash621
Slash621 New Reader
1/31/18 12:04 a.m.

I'm open to discussing other Cryptos as payment if it's the right buyer etc.

Slash621
Slash621 New Reader
2/10/18 1:02 p.m.

Afternoon GRM guys,

I'm adjusting the price for GRM down to $9500.

Thanks,

Michael

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
2/11/18 11:10 a.m.

Seriously contemplating taking the daily to Carmax tomorrow and seeing just what they'd offer because of this car.

Priced below book value with nice mods, someone jump on this!

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
2/12/18 7:45 a.m.

I'm looking for this kind of deal locally.  Where is this car located?

Slash621
Slash621 New Reader
2/19/18 11:01 a.m.

Guys, for GRM i'd be willing to do $9000.  The car is located in Fort Myers Florida.  I'm around until the 28th after which my brother and dad can do the showings.  However I'd really prefer to sell the car myself and meet the new owner.

This car deserves to be on track! 

I'm not really willing to walk down the price any further than this, but there was a benefit for me to sell it before I take my next contract.  Otherwise I might just hang onto it and do a large overhaul when I get back next time.

Slash621
Slash621 New Reader
2/19/18 11:05 a.m.

In reply to chrispy :

Sorry about the delay, very busy trip this time back home.  It's Fort Myers Florida.   However for travel costs I'd be willing to deliver it most places in the states and fly back here.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
2/20/18 9:29 a.m.

In reply to Slash621 :

Not a problem, I figured you were in S. Florida.

Slash621
Slash621 New Reader
3/5/18 10:44 p.m.

SOLD!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wsRYeMOb3bc30wVBwrvrwo3PTfow9L6UwCeGnzoQO9HjMNzBC1aAHZiYrSVws99i