simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/6/18 10:17 a.m.

EDIT: Drove for a while and found the heater core is out. So price lowered.

Anyone need a cheap pickup?

I have a 2000 Dakota Sport. Base truck, manual windows, nothing fancy. Runs and drives. A/C works and everything. Hard bed cover with lock, aftermarket trailer hitch (towed a VW race car with it for 2 years), 5 speed manual and 3.9 V6.

Will need some TLC. Interior is pretty clean but the driver seat is worn and the headliner is drooping. Aftermarket radio works great, great speakers as well. Feels like it may need wheel bearings soon, needs brakes, and needs an exhaust. Engine was replaced a few years back, clutch was changed then too. Some other misc. work was done, new headlight assembly to get rid of the old foggy ones, etc. Body is in decent shape, some small dings. I haven't driven it in a while it was my daily and then my tow truck and then I bought a car to daily and no more race car. So it will need a little tune up and go over but I'll do a lot of it just to ensure I'm not missing anything. 

GRM price of $1100 OBO. Located outside of Atlanta. Clean title. Pics coming.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/7/18 8:31 a.m.

I'll be interested to see the pictures.  What's the mileage?     

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/7/18 11:38 a.m.

Going to grab a bunch today when I get a chance.

High miles, 3**,000 something but the engine is not original. I have a receipt for that I believe somewhere. 

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/11/18 8:16 p.m.

Two pics loaded. We've had non-stop rain for the past few days so I'll go out and get some better pics tomorrow/interior shots and stuff. I'll also clean it, excuse the filth. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
12/12/18 7:44 a.m.

I used to have a similar truck, automatic, and not a sport, but a white, single cab v6. I miss that truck. 

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/12/18 9:21 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

I used to have a similar truck, automatic, and not a sport, but a white, single cab v6. I miss that truck. 

It has been one of my most reliable vehicles I have owned. I've put some crazy miles on it since buying it and aside from the engine swap I have not had to do any maintenance outside of the regular. I hate to get rid of it but I hate paying insurance on a vehicle that just sits.

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/13/18 7:43 p.m.

Price lowered to 1100 see OP.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
12/14/18 3:00 p.m.

Man, that is the truck I wanted to build for CP, with a V8 swap of course, ever since I had a 2000 Dakota R/T. Just not the time for me to buy anything. Got to finish the MGB project.

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/14/18 3:28 p.m.
81cpcamaro said:

Man, that is the truck I wanted to build for CP, with a V8 swap of course, ever since I had a 2000 Dakota R/T. Just not the time for me to buy anything. Got to finish the MGB project.

I always thought it would be cool lowered with good suspension and a V8. My friend had an R/T he use to do track days with. lol

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/18/18 8:37 a.m.

bump

Our Preferred Partners
7jNVKM35N8R9MP8vQSjM0FrvvsG4qNYBn6W9gYHdoECp9JFw9KS7lPKWHImOBbFm