CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
1/2/18 2:16 p.m.

Purchased from Clearwater Toyota back on 7/1/16 with 123k miles. Clean Carfax from purchase and all maintenance records since ownership provided to buyer.

2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport SR5 4x4 auto, black exterior with Gray cloth interior. Currently has ~133k miles and counting as it is my daily driver. Car was equipped as an SR5 with 4x4, Sport package and sunroof (rare combination). Aftermarket Westin running boards, neoprene (wetsuit/waterproof) seat covers and Yakima roof rack pads for my kayak otherwise everything else is completely stock. All electronics, 4WD, AC work great with non issues.

Selling because we have a newborn and the wife wants my daily to be something newer. This is my second Third Gen 4Runner and I will definitely be getting another once I can have a weekend toy, they are great trucks and run forever.

Recent service: 123k tune-up (oil, battery, alignment, plugs/wires, grease driveshaft/u-joints), 128k - oil change, coolant flush, front and rear diff service, 133k oil change. Newer timing belt and accessory belts (replacement date unknown).

It currently has a check engine light on for something emissions-related, I've replaced the gas cap and fuel filler neck trying to troubleshoot, but imagine it is either the charcoal canister or a purge valve, no time to keep troubleshooting and it drives great so I haven't worried about it since. Price reflects this. Tires are okay but will probably need replacing in the next 10-20k. I was going to replace with Tundra/Sequoia wheels/tires.

Was going to trade in and take a big hit but was recommended that I post here. Currently has an outstanding balance with PenFed that will be getting paid off shortly. I waited about 3-4 months to find a truck with this specific set of options, and anyone who has searched know they don't come up all that often (and are usually an outrageous price).

Asking $6,500 OBO. Vehicle is located in Pinellas County FL

(Pictured truck below is not exact vehicle, but an example). If interested I can provide up to date photos of exterior/interior/engine bay/undercarriage)

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
5/15/18 9:14 a.m.

Bring this back to the top, as I have finally been able to fix the pesky emissions CEL (new charcoal canister) and have paid off the lien.

AutoTrader link with actual pictures is below. Price is higher now that the CEL is fixed, but would give a nice discount to a GRMer versus the posted price on the ad. Just listed it yesterday and am fielding some calls, so if you're interested let me know.

2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD

I already purchased the new dad-mobile in a 2012 Accord V6 so this is only getting used sparingly on the weekends.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
5/15/18 11:02 a.m.

$4500 and I will be on a flight tomorrow.  Thats about what they go for here in Milwaukee with similar miles but southern/rust free is worth the flight for me.  

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
5/15/18 12:35 p.m.

Hmm, there might be a slight dislocation in different markets on these, as a low mileage 2WD goes for more than that down here.

Appreciate the offer, but thinking I will wait and see if the ad generates more interest at the listed price point. I can be flexible for GRMers, but only to an extent.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/15/18 3:50 p.m.
93gsxturbo said:

$4500 and I will be on a flight tomorrow.  Thats about what they go for here in Milwaukee with similar miles but southern/rust free is worth the flight for me.  

BullE36 M3@

And Cobra, your wife should keep that 4runner. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
5/15/18 8:43 p.m.

No worries, good luck with your sale.

I understand the hostility, Mr Bill, but I have been looking for a 4Runner, GX or LX470, or Land Cruiser daily for a while.  There have been some good deals but none have really ticked my fancy (color, options, etc) but yeah $5k is a good price, certainly doable locally.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/16/18 2:55 p.m.

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

I wasn't being hostile, just calling you out a bit.. It's something we say to friends all the time.  It comes across much better in person than in print. 

But, you cannot find one here with that low mileage period or for that price in any condition, double period. 

I wouldn't sell you my 2wd 99 for $4,500. 

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
5/29/18 10:32 a.m.

And this truck has sold! Nice guy from Georgia came down and picked it up over the weekend for just under asking price.

I must have fielded over two dozen calls about this truck, with people from Minnesota, South Carolina, and Colorado all looking for a clean southern 4Runner.

Anyways, if you can be sure to hang on to your clean third gens, they are holding their value well!

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
6/3/18 6:20 a.m.

I would have paid 6500 all day for that. Good deal.

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
6/4/18 8:52 a.m.

In reply to axeman_g :

I had an offer for $7k right off the bat, but since it had only been 1-2 days since I listed it I held out and ended up getting a bit more.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/4/18 12:38 p.m.
CobraSpdRH said:

In reply to axeman_g :

I had an offer for $7k right off the bat, but since it had only been 1-2 days since I listed it I held out and ended up getting a bit more.

Wait a minute.  You had someone on Craigslist offer more than asking price? 

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
6/4/18 12:45 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

No, I ended up fixing the CEL so posted it to AutoTrader for $7,850. When I originally posted the ad it had the check engine light on, so I was asking less. Didn't even bother posting on Craigslist, $50 for the Autotrader ad was well worth it to get people with cash and not a Civic shell and an XBox.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BDTu4cCSsBQk0CaRP198LKx4nXy8FcNkX2vO8buvePDhuB4v2Hx5XUSngwZaNClp