fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/18 10:03 p.m.

2005 Mustang GT 5-speed, Satin Silver paint, leather buckets. Shaker 1000 stereo w/ rear sub. 492XX miles. Clean car. $8500 as shown but w/ option packages.

Bought nearly stock from Ford dealer in 7/13 w/ 462XX miles. Brakes were new Ford installed by dealer. DD'd through summer only, always stored in garage during winter. Summer of '14 I started mods:

Engine/ drivetrain:

-Engine internals are stock.

-BAMA tuner w/ 87/ 91/ 93 Octane tunes. Upgradable by email w/ add on mods 

-Airaid race CAI 

-Pypes axle-back Pype Bombs. Mid pipes are stock. Factory mufflers and American Thunder axle-backs included

-Hurst Billet shifter

-Plugs changed in '17

Suspension:

-SR Performance strut tower brace, CM 4-hole flange

-Steeda Sport Springs, 1.0" drop front, 1.25 rear

-Tokiko D-Spec struts and shocks w/ Ford Motorsport GT-500 strut mounts

-Ford Motorsport GT-500 front LCA's. These do not have heat shield tabs so I jigged, cut , transferred and welded the stock tabs to the FMS LCA's.

-Eibach adjustable rear LCA's (rubber bush). UCA has not been changed.

-BMR adjustable PHB (poly bush/ greasable) w/ BMR frame mount.

-Ford Motorsport rear bump stops, shortened for spring drop.

-AMR 18X9 Silver wheels w/ Nitto 555's. 255/45 ZR18

-Factory sway bars w/ Prothane bushings. Front sway bar links were upgraded to '08+ links.

-Moog inner/ outer tie rod ends

Other:

-Rear parking brake cables replaced w/ OEM

-SS brake hoses and brake flush in '16

-New Auto Craft Gold battery 11/ 16

-Oil changed 9/16 w/ Motorcraft 5W-20 synthetic blend, K&N oil filter at 49208 miles

-Cabin filter in '16

-Bosch Icon wiper blades last month

-Satin finish fuel door, MMD black decklid panel, MMD hood struts, WeatherTech floor liners, shorty antenna

Stock air box, factory mufflers, shifter, gas door, antenna, hood prop rod and factory springs included. Also, Dupli-Color Scratch-Fix and Dr. Colorchip Satin Silver paint (not whole Dr. kit, I need that yet)

Less than 3000 miles on all new parts as listed. 

Interior is clean w/ no rips or tears. No evidence of rodents ever. Power driver seat, manual passenger. Maintained w/ Lexol, Zymol and 303.

Door cards are intact and w/ no scratches.

Shaker 1000, 6 CD changer w/ rear sub. A/C is cold.

GRM price does not reflect the condition of this car. I'd like to see it live on through GRM. My take price will be higher outside of here.

PM through site.

I'll leave it up here for four weeks but then it may go outside. I'd prefer a GRMer only but your kid or SO is fine. I would not prefer your third cousin, neighbor, car or bar buddy. Keep it GRM... that's why discount.

To be fair, if there's interest here the first PM gets first shot. I'd hold it for 7-10 days before moving on, schedules and distance being considered there.

Location is 15401. S of Pgh.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/18 10:12 p.m.

Option 1:

Factory Anthracite Bullitt style wheels in good condition.

One wheel has mild curb rash:

235 Yok's are stones, were used for winter storage only.

$100, price only good w/ car purchase.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/18 10:17 p.m.

Option 2:

K&N oil filter, Motorcraft fuel filter, Mustang windshield shade, new Ford Motorsport fender cover, Haines manual, Eleanor style grille w/ light relocation harness, JLT oil separator.

$100 only w/ car purchase

Smart money takes it all for $8700

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/18 10:57 p.m.

The good:

Good platform build for whatever you wanna do w/ it. I built this car for a good driving highway car. Handles great w/ the suspension mods. I wouldn't hesitate to do a five hour trip w/ the D-Specs on soft or hit the twisties turned up. The canned tune is acceptable for what they are. It makes all the right noises and does all the right things w/o being over bearing. Update the tune as necessary. By all the signs I truly believe this car was never driven in rain before I bought it. 

The bad:

Paint chips happened after I started DDing it. Did some touch up w/ Dupli-Color kit but that never works quite well for me. I'll try to Dr. Colorchip it if I can. Touch up paint is included. 

Rear bumper fascia shifted when I jacked one axle side. A little added pressure should get it back in place.

Driver door handle has this. Common S197 problem. Easy fix w/ new part or do the Ty-Rap fix. I'm not pullin' the door cards, you do that.

I fought a shimmy after I bought the car that I attributed to flat spotted tires. After new suspension and wheels/ tires there's only a hint at 65 which I can only attribute to road crown. Tire pressure fixed a lot of it.

Battery will drain if left sitting for long periods due to Ford's Keep Alive Memory, another known S197 problem. Keep a charger/ tender on for longer durations. I'd pull the battery over winter. 

I had a fitment issue w/ the Pype Bombs, the rod hanger appeared jigged wrong on welding. I've heard this online before. Lucky me. Pypes rep was ready to take 'em back when he changed his tune. I made 'em work and they are secure but Pypes can go suck it. The tits on the factory pipes were ground down during this install so it's all on the hangers and clamps. American Thunder axle-backs are included as well as factory mufflers.

Rear bump stops could be cut down a tad more. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
8/15/18 1:50 a.m.

If only I was a mustang guy, that seems like a lot of car for the money.  Someone here better grab this up.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/15/18 4:59 a.m.

My S197 is almost a build twin to this one. I can tell you it does almost anything - autocross, track days, cross country road trips, or 9 to 5 slog - very well. Mine also has 100k more miles and has never given me trouble. The only thing I hate about this is how little he's asking! 

If you've ever thought about having a fun RWD V8 to play with, write the man a check now. You wont find a better deal. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
8/15/18 8:24 a.m.

That thing looks very nice. Still not a mustang guy personally, and fortunately I already filled my DD spot in the garage, but otherwise I'd be sorely tempted. GLWS!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/15/18 10:56 a.m.

wow, that is a fantastic deal.   ask DILYSI Dave about versatility and durability of the S197 GT.   His DD '07 has over 200k and is used for autocross and track days.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
8/15/18 11:30 a.m.

That would be VERY tempting to daily. What kind of highway mileage does it get as equipped?

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
8/15/18 12:36 p.m.
Greg Smith said:

That would be VERY tempting to daily. What kind of highway mileage does it get as equipped?

This, what's the MPGs?!?!

Obviously the first question that comes to mind on a car forum, but I want V8 and RWD back in my life as a daily.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/15/18 2:44 p.m.
Greg Smith said:

Typically 20-22 mpg mixed driving, 23 was high w/o foot in it. Expect more all highway but I don't calculate any more. 

3.55 gear

fusion66
fusion66 New Reader
8/16/18 6:47 a.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

Very sharp. PM sent.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/16/18 2:08 p.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
8/16/18 2:27 p.m.
fusion66 said:

In reply to fasted58 :

Very sharp. PM sent.

Might I see you at the next Track Night in a Mustang?

fusion66
fusion66 New Reader
8/16/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Stranger things have happened. I'm trying to decide if it would be an upgrade compared to tracking the Fusion smiley

BTD
BTD Reader
8/16/18 2:42 p.m.

This makes me miss my S197 a LOT. GLWTS, I wish I was in the market. 

These cars are a huge bang for the buck, and this one appears to be a screaming deal.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/18/18 5:45 p.m.

SOLD

Thanks Barry ( fusion66)

fusion66
fusion66 New Reader
8/20/18 5:49 a.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

Thank you Ed. It was nice to meet you and I appreciate you going over the car in detail with me. The 362 mile trip back home went smooth and with a very light foot on the throttle it managed 26.1 mpg.

No future build thread planned on this one as Ed has it set up very nicely for what i want to do with it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l5VpA3SpZo2CgTgnBqhi8xIi7Yx5WbzWYKSEXaMsnBhPiQDvOEXisMNzkbBvoQLh