1 2
AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
11/23/16 10:59 a.m.

I just bought these from a fellow GRM member and have decided to go in a different direction. Fitment is tight and I can't buy the dry tires I need to run vintage in the same size anyway.

There are 4, brand new tires, never mounted. $400 is the deal I got from him, so I'm passing it along to anyone else here who is interested.

The other 4, currently mounted on wheels I am keeping, are pretty well used but still seem to have some life in them. If anyone wants them, I'll just ask shipping plus like $50 to get them taken off the wheels.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
11/28/16 9:21 a.m.

Bump for pictures.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/5/16 11:52 a.m.

Bump!

Still have them

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/12/16 1:22 p.m.

Bump.

No interest?

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
12/14/16 10:58 a.m.

Shipping on the used tires sounds expensive but if you still had them in early January Id give you like 75 bucks on my way back from vacation

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/20/16 9:06 a.m.

tmtf11 - I'm sure I'll have them in January. Make it $100?

128racecar
128racecar Reader
12/20/16 5:09 p.m.

Date of manufacture for the new ones? Weight of each two tire set so I can estimate shipping to indianapolis 46205?

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/20/16 9:38 p.m.

128racecar - I'll get the date(s) of manufacture and weights for you tomorrow.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/21/16 9:46 p.m.

OK, first. So I think I've found that Hoosier doesn't put date of manufacture on their tires. No one at Hoosier answered but I've left a message and hope for a call back. For reference, I've got a picture of what is stamped on the sidewall that might be a date code?? The second picture shows the original label that one tire still had which has what appears to be an extended version of that code.

IMG_1468

IMG_1465

Second. It would appear that the person I bought these from never unwrapped them from when he bought them in April. The shipping weight was on a little label on there. (That part number in red, I found out, is the part number for the FedEx label!) When I weighed two tires together, the package was about 22 lb so maybe with some plastic wrap, etc it would hit that 28 lb number.

IMG_1467

Third. Along the same lines of 'the last guy didn't unwrap the tires'...at least two of the tires have definitely been mounted as there is goop on them and marks for where weights should be placed. I still believe they were never used. There is one issue however...

IMG_1470

It would appear there was some damage done in either removal or mounting. I have no idea whether this would cause an issue or not. It's on the inside of the bead and is about a 1.5 long flap.

Hope this helps, let me know if there are any other questions.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/22/16 12:16 p.m.

Update from Hoosier - 25CY - means a manufacture date of 11/2/2010.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/26/16 1:44 p.m.

Bump!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/28/16 5:02 p.m.

Bumpy

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
12/28/16 5:57 p.m.

Heck if they don't sell soon I may just buy them back as it looks like we may run the VW a few more times! I didn't notice that little tear as like you guessed I never even took them out of the bundle. I have had many bias tires like that though, I think it's due to them being harder to mount/dismount than radials.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
12/29/16 9:07 a.m.

In reply to simontibbett:

Works for me!

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
1/2/17 11:21 p.m.

I am still interested. Just waiting to find out if we will have room in the car on the way back at the end of the week.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
1/3/17 9:22 p.m.

In reply to tmtf11:

OK. What day will you be coming through so I can make sure to have them off the wheels in time?

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
1/4/17 4:13 p.m.

Talked to my passengers and I unfortunately will not have the space to grab them at this time. I'll be in touch if I decide to make a special trip or want to pay shipping. Sorry

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
1/4/17 8:18 p.m.

In reply to tmtf11:

OK, no problem.

I'll be going tomorrow morning to get them taken off the wheels in any event.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
1/6/17 12:20 p.m.

Sorry to bump again so soon, but I'll be in Ann Arbor and Troy, MI tomorrow and could deliver to anyone interested.

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
1/9/17 2:06 p.m.

Man, wish I had seen this. I probably would have tried to meet up with you. However, due to a car accident in WV at the end of last week, I have been away from a computer for a couple days.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
1/9/17 9:54 p.m.

In reply to tmtf11:

Jeez! I hope everyone is alright.

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
1/11/17 11:04 a.m.

5 of us crammed into and rolled over in a honda fit at 70 ish (my brother driving) and everyone is fine, including our cat(who was found up a tree 20 or so feet from the accident after being ejected). Quite the adventure, but alas, life seems to be determined to stop me from getting those tires. haha

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
1/11/17 7:12 p.m.

tmtf11: Really glad to hear everyone is alright!

In other news, I can't figure out how to edit the title of the thread, but I'd really like to get these things out of my shop guys and gals.

How does $500 shipped sound for all 8 tires?

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
1/15/17 3:28 p.m.

Bump!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey New Reader
1/23/17 9:31 p.m.

Bump. $500 shipped for all 8!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ImKFvZcrIYzkT8FCMb9U5S7n6LD5skCAsGkQRzNxV4lhQpxYnjezlLDFRR2BlsLq