1 2
lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
7/23/18 9:45 a.m.

Bought this thinking it would make for an epic project build, but plans have changed. I have so many other projects, that if I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn’t live long enough to finish all of them

So, this obviously has nothing to do with Porsche and NO, it has nothing to do with Diasio. It was originally manufactured in England and found is way to Canada and then to the USA. Take a look at the link below to see all of the pictures of the car as it sits today and how it began life. Somewhere along the way, somebody with INCREDIBLE fiberglass skills got his hands on it and transformed the formerly “ugly duckling” into a pretty good replica of the iconic Porsche 956/962 even if the drivers cabin is a bit out of proportion. 

Overall length w/o the wing 129”.
Overall width 55”.
Wheelbase 80-81”.
Height 33.5”.
Bulkhead to rear axle centerline 34”.

If you are a Porsche enthusiast, it could be a cool piece of garage art if wrapped in Rothman’s or Lowenbrau livery. Just a thought.

http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19317

$2500. Located in northeast PA. I transported the whole body home in the 6-1/2’ bed of my pickup truck with one or two pieces in the back seat.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/23/18 10:01 a.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 :

I think that would be perfect on a stretched Legends chassis.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/23/18 10:36 a.m.

...and headlights, signals and plates.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
7/23/18 10:39 a.m.

Since 914DRIVER replied, it only seems right to say that a 914 engine/trans would be a perfect fit too!

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
7/23/18 3:14 p.m.

a man  has a skip barber chassis on classifieds, but a simple FV/SV car with body mounts and whatever GRM engine one may think

stroker
stroker UltraDork
7/24/18 8:22 a.m.

That screams "Spyder" to me....

Steve
Steve New Reader
7/24/18 9:27 a.m.

I wish i hadn't seen this.................but fortunately I'm in Oregon

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
7/24/18 9:27 a.m.

I hadn’t thought about the “spyder” approach. Interesting! Doors only over the side pod area if needed at all, much easier hinge set-up, a bulkhead behind the driver with an air intake opening and much less worry about a windscreen. All that and WAY EASIER to get in and out! 

BTW, I do have the original windscreen from the car in its previous configuration. It may be good enough to make a “buck” to form a new “spyder” windscreen on. Next time that I’m at the shop, I’ll pull it down and take a look.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
8/1/18 9:50 a.m.

Another attempt to sell this bodywork. I figured someone would have the demented  imagination to build this into something epic.

$2000 CASH!

stroker
stroker UltraDork
8/1/18 10:37 a.m.

Unless you had some sort of tube frame  from a D-Sport racer ready to go with that, I don't see a use for a body that's got a wheelbase about 15 inches shorter and 10 inches narrower than a Porsche 914...   It's way cool but just too freakin' small

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
8/1/18 3:57 p.m.

It is cool for sure.  If you had the glass I might be more willing to part with some $$ but having a windshield made with those arcs and still be optically clear is a huge ouch.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
8/1/18 4:58 p.m.

I have the original plastic front window, but it doesn’t fit the revised bodywork. Unfortunately. I’m not sure what the builder planned to do about a windscreen, but based on his fiberglass skills, he was probably going to build a “buck” and form one. I wonder how close a Diasio might be? I’m going to contact them and have a chat.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
8/21/18 6:40 a.m.

Up on eBay. Let’s get this moved along, too many other projects in the shop for the next few decades!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Porsche-956-962-scale-body/153144815462?hash=item23a8246f66:g:O0YAAOSw51JbZcjy

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
8/22/18 7:42 p.m.

Good luck! That is too freakin cool!

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
9/25/18 12:36 p.m.

Anybody?

Anybody?

Bueller?

Bueller?

$1800

stroker
stroker UltraDork
9/25/18 2:22 p.m.

Y'know, it seems to me that if you cut the top off that body (per the Spyder posts above) and then mated that to a FSAE chassis (or something similar) with an unrestricted engine you could have a hell of a track day car.  Dunno if it could be run as some sort of SCCA Solo car?

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
9/26/18 7:27 p.m.

I don’t mind keeping it as it would make a cool project eventually. I just have so many damn car projects, I can’t even imagine when it might get done. It’s 6 or 7 down the list currently. Good thing is, it doesn’t take up much room and can continue to sit up on the top shelf of the pallet racking. I just thought someone else would want to take on a unique project.

mgmperf
mgmperf
10/28/18 6:20 p.m.

What is your bottom line price?  Have a Formula 600 chassis. that it would look good on.  In Allentown, could pick up this week.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/28/18 7:20 a.m.

One more price reduction to my bottom line. $1600 cash. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/29/18 7:49 p.m.

I keep wondering if this would fit on a formula SAE chassis.  

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
11/30/18 7:50 p.m.

If you have one, take some measurements and PM them to me and I will check. If you are anywhere near PA, bring it by. We can throw the SAE car on the frame table, drop the body over it and see what needs to moved/modified. I don’t mind playing around with it for a day. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/30/18 8:49 p.m.

Don't have one, unfortunately.  The thought just occurred to me because we have several from local universities that do "practice runs" during our autocross events.  What I'm seeing on-line indicates an average wheelbase for FSAE of around 60 inches, so I guess they are even shorter than I thought.  Probably too small.  

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
12/23/18 2:23 p.m.

Somebody buy this thing! Once I finish the Corvette Kart, I will be looking for another project and with this sitting on the shelf, I fear it will be the next rabbit hole I head down. 

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/29/19 5:03 p.m.

*** BUMP *** 

Now that I’m back in PA, I can concentrate on getting rid of several project pieces/parts that I no longer need. Anyone looking for a project? Do you happen to have a F500 or Formula Ford chassis sitting in the corner of your shop and need a body for it? Are you a Porsche enthusiast and need a one-of-a-kind piece of wall art for your garage?

$1600

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
5/29/19 9:11 p.m.

I'd snatch it up if it had a longer wb. Glws.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fHI8l0aj3crYzkoxmuB1DigzedNrmcRfR3fGpPc34KpGFJN9lPxIb5SGRhNUPDid