1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/13/18 6:00 p.m.

We need to make some room for new projects, so our shop RF is up for sale. Automobile Magazine wrote a love letter to it. It's a staff favorite. We don't really want to let it go, but I think you'll enjoy what comes next.

So, who's got room in their heart for a great all-around sports car? I've done thousand-mile days in this car. I've seen it ace the California emissions, opening the door for emissions-legal turbos for all generations of Miata. I've seriously considered adopting it myself. I mean, just look at it. Now imagine the ND's chassis tightened up and bolstered by a big slug of torque any time you want it. Mmmm yes.

Here's the official text of the ad:

Rufus is a 2017 RF in GT specification - black leather interior, Soul Red paint - and with the optional front air dam and side skirts from the Appearance Package. We bought the car new and it currently has approximately 14,000 miles on it and is still in as-new condition other than the modifications. The engine is not the original as we installed a set of BBR cams and valve springs on the original engine, and decided to keep that one together so we dropped in the engine from our 2016 GT when the turbocharger went on. The current engine has slightly lower mileage than the chassis, but at 14,000 miles it doesn't really make any difference!

The car has seen no high speed track use but has been around our local kart track a few times. Most of the mileage is from road trips, as the car has been exhibited at meets ranging from Georgia to California and is often driven there. This is also the car that underwent the CARB testing. Available either in CARB legal trim or with a catless downpipe.

There are approximately $12,000 worth of aftermarket parts on the car. MSRP on a Soul Red 2019 GT with the Appearance Package is $36,375. For less than that, you can have a huge amount of torque, upgraded suspension, sexy bronze wheels and stronger, lighter brakes all put together by the experts at Flyin' Miata. Rufus is a staff favorite, but unfortunately we need the space and he has to go.

Parts list:

BBR Stage 1 turbo system
FM high-flow midpipe
FM Hush-O-Matic active exhaust with CAN control

FM Stage 2 suspension (Koni Sport shocks, FM springs, FM sway bars)
Backup camera
17x8 6UL bronze wheels with 235/40-17 Yokohama S.drive tires

Asking price: $34,995
The car is currently at our headquarters in Palisade, CO. The car is can be legally registered in California. Please contact Keith at 970 464 5600 or keith@flyinmiata.com to discuss.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/14/18 6:39 a.m.

That's a really good deal. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
11/14/18 7:28 a.m.

Seth, I'll drive it down to Houston for you :) Free delivery. 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
11/14/18 9:44 a.m.

How tall can you be and still fit?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/14/18 10:06 a.m.

Depends on where your tall is. I’d recommend you stop by your Mazda dealer and try one on. I’m 5’10” with a long torso and I’m good, but I can’t wear a helmet. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
11/14/18 10:10 a.m.

wow. Amazing. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/14/18 10:16 a.m.

Crap. I really need to stop re-reading this thread!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/14/18 11:30 a.m.

Only $30,000 too rich for my blood, someone else will be getting a very nice car.

mazdeuce - Seth
11/14/18 11:50 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Depends on where your tall is. I’d recommend you stop by your Mazda dealer and try one on. I’m 5’10” with a long torso and I’m good, but I can’t wear a helmet. 

That's about the only thing keeping my from buying a plane ticket. I need to go sit in one with a helmet on. Stat. 

mazdeuce - Seth
11/15/18 9:56 a.m.

Sent you a message Keith. 

Danny Shields
Danny Shields HalfDork
11/15/18 12:02 p.m.

Man, that's beautiful! 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
11/15/18 12:06 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Oh boy.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
11/15/18 1:08 p.m.

That is going to make someone very happy. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/15/18 1:21 p.m.
Aaron_King said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Oh boy.

I like where this is going. 

spacecadet
spacecadet Reader
11/15/18 2:55 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Aaron_King said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Oh boy.

I like where this is going. 

A decent chuck of the forum is probably holding its breath right now.

mazdeuce - Seth
11/15/18 3:11 p.m.

Feels exactly like waiting for a text back about a $900 Miata on CL.........

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/15/18 3:18 p.m.

Suspense is killing me. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/15/18 3:34 p.m.

Well, you've heard from ME. Get yourself to that dealership for a test sit :)

Let me know if you didn't get the email this morning. I sent it about 6 hours ago. Alternately, 970 464 5600.

mazdeuce - Seth
11/15/18 3:43 p.m.

I got nothing. sad

I've just been sadly assembling cabinets all day. 

ttwo.elm@  gmail dot com will get you to my "work address" 

Thanks. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/15/18 3:45 p.m.

Sent.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/15/18 3:49 p.m.

My wife said I can buy it. 

The catch is, I’d have to get rid of everything else first. A turbo Miata, a V8 Miata, a project Miata, a GTI, and a Europa. 

So, if I get them sold before Seth gets to a dealer for a sit test, I’m in right??

I’m pretty sure I can get them sold by morning... she never said what price! devil

Haha!

Seriously, I hope it goes to a good home!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago SuperDork
11/15/18 4:05 p.m.

This thread is gonna so much more boring than the World Famous R63 one. "Hey I bought this rad car and its perfect and the engine didn't self destruct." End.

nocones
nocones UltraDork
11/15/18 4:06 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

I want the Europa!

mazdeuce - Seth
11/15/18 4:08 p.m.

Phone works. Keith is nice. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/15/18 4:10 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

This thread is gonna so much more boring than the World Famous R63 one. "Hey I bought this rad car and its perfect and the engine didn't self destruct." End.

We can always do something...interesting...to the programming to make for a better build thread.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
168hwjOHG2RqQuRuOQLn8IMMdQSuCp0WhTeuMJQjw9FlR7BTikvkFYQ65W5sOcj2