1 2 3 4
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/15/18 4:12 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Phone works. Keith is nice. 

But man, the constant profanity from Seth! He's an artist, but I'm going to have to go wash my ears out with soap.

No seriously. I'm kinda hoping this works out. There's someone else who's really interested as well, but I will admit to some bias as to who gets it.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/15/18 4:36 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

$200 for mumpkin

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/15/18 4:41 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

Seth, I'll drive it down to Houston for you :) Free delivery. 

So, still feel up for that road trip? Seth doesn't know yet, but I've been talking to Mrs Deuce.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/15/18 5:04 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
bmw88rider said:

Seth, I'll drive it down to Houston for you :) Free delivery. 

So, still feel up for that road trip? Seth doesn't know yet, but I've been talking to Mrs Deuce.

Ohhhhhhh snap

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
11/15/18 5:21 p.m.

Haha. sure. I've already driven one Red/Burgandy FM Miata car from Grand Junction to TX.

Oh and I'm off from work from December 15th to the 23rd. smiley You can baby sit Betty for a few days while I drive it down. :) Shoot, I wouldn't even charge Seth for gas or the return plane ticket. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/15/18 5:42 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

Haha. sure. I've already driven one Red/Burgandy FM Miata car from Grand Junction to TX.

Oh and I'm off from work from December 15th to the 23rd. smiley You can baby sit Betty for a few days while I drive it down. :) Shoot, I wouldn't even charge Seth for gas or the return plane ticket. 

You’re just as bad an enabler as me to this poor guy.  

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
11/15/18 5:59 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I like to think of it as assisting and not enabling. Just a semi local GRMer with some time to assist another. 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago SuperDork
11/15/18 7:47 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
thatsnowinnebago said:

This thread is gonna so much more boring than the World Famous R63 one. "Hey I bought this rad car and its perfect and the engine didn't self destruct." End.

We can always do something...interesting...to the programming to make for a better build thread.

Surprise ejector seat?!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
11/15/18 8:15 p.m.
spin_out said:

How tall can you be and still fit?

I’m 6’2” and didn’t fit well at all.  Knees to the dash,  head right at the ceiling,  but it was a lot of fun to drive,  just not for long distances because I didn’t fit well.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/15/18 8:32 p.m.

Well, back from the school run/dinner/Jr. High basketball evening and I get to send a check to Colorado tomorrow. This all looks very impulsive but we've been searching for a special commuter for Mrs. Deuce for about five years and haven't quite been able to find anything special enough. We'vr looked at Audi R8's, Caymans, and recently the RF ND and they all push certain buttons. I think it was really just having a car pop up that's special and has a story. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. 

It's not going to be the fastest car we've had but some simple math says that power/weight should be pretty close to the R63 and that was certainly quick enough to be entertaining. I know that I can't fit in with a helmet (at least with the roof closed) but as Mrs. Deuce said, "my car, not relevant"

I'll start a thread in the build thread section though it will NOT be a build thread. Just Mrs. Deuce driving and me changing the oil. Really. We're cooking up an adventure to go get it, hopefully before snow becomes a huge issue, but that part will be a gamble at this time of year. 

Thanks Keith. 

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
11/15/18 8:34 p.m.

Congrats Seth!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
11/15/18 8:35 p.m.

Awesome,  congratulations!

79rex
79rex New Reader
11/15/18 9:23 p.m.

Just curious has this car been on scales?  Wondering what it would weigh in at with the added turbo neccessities and the RF. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
11/15/18 9:27 p.m.

Enjoy Seth! Welcome to the former FM fleet car family. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/15/18 9:31 p.m.

Hell. Yes. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/15/18 9:58 p.m.
79rex said:

Just curious has this car been on scales?  Wondering what it would weigh in at with the added turbo neccessities and the RF. 

I can arrange that. I have weights on this car in stock form (2430, I believe) so I'll check it before it leaves. The RF adds just under 100 lbs, all on the back axle.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
11/16/18 1:12 a.m.

Don’t forget to get your free calendar with purchase, Seth 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/16/18 8:28 a.m.

I’m also going to throw in a copy of Automobile Magazine featuring the car :) Heck, it’s going to be in GRM soon as well. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
11/16/18 8:40 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to SVreX :

$200 for mumpkin

I'll go $250 ;)

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
11/16/18 9:06 a.m.

So, Seth - In the past two months, you've gone from hating Miatas to owning two of them.

Resistance is futile.

wink

mazdeuce - Seth
11/16/18 9:23 a.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

It's not that I haaaaaate them, just that I don't like them. I drove my friend Bee's supercharged Fox suspended Miata for a couple of rallycross runs and loved it. I actually have loved every Miata that I've ever driven on dirt. I haven't liked driving them on the road much. Keith convinced me that putting a hardtop on an early car transformed them and I'd like it. The Crappy Miata is a test of that idea. Rufus is another test of the "I like Miatas when they're not convertibles" idea. And it's really Mrs. Deuce's car, not mine. So I plead innocence. Or something. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/16/18 10:15 a.m.

When I grow up I want to marry Seth. 

mazdeuce - Seth
11/16/18 10:59 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You have radically misidentified the desirable person in this relationship. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/16/18 11:04 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to jstein77 :

It's not that I haaaaaate them, just that I don't like them. I drove my friend Bee's supercharged Fox suspended Miata for a couple of rallycross runs and loved it. I actually have loved every Miata that I've ever driven on dirt. I haven't liked driving them on the road much. Keith convinced me that putting a hardtop on an early car transformed them and I'd like it. The Crappy Miata is a test of that idea. Rufus is another test of the "I like Miatas when they're not convertibles" idea. And it's really Mrs. Deuce's car, not mine. So I plead innocence. Or something. 

Congrats!

If you lived at your summer place year around, you'd probably like convertibles a lot more. I know that during my Miata ownership, I kept a stocking cap and gloves behind the passenger seat year around.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/16/18 11:15 a.m.

There are a couple of catalogs in Rufus now along with a copy of the Automobile Magazine. I just checked, and Rufus is Miss December in the catalog as a bonus.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
By2MgFnsCGJCu9PA2n8UuIRKMyLB1VhkDZlcuFnBOZFkywZn5TCqSJTCoqgxxJrV