pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/10/18 7:39 p.m.

That's right folks here is you chance to own a 2001 Chevrolet Corvette for the low price of $2500.00.

It runs, drives, stops, turns.  Shoot the A/c even works.  What's the catch you say? Well it's a certificate of destruction, and it's missing a bumper... and a fender.. and a headlight.  Oh yeah its ugly and the interior smells a little funny too.   I was forced to kill a small colony of ants to take the pictures.

Turn it into a death cart, put it under a corvair, I would love to see it go to a good home vs dealing with craigslist.

Why am I selling it you may ask.  Well I am tired of looking at it and I have an over abundance of projects.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested...

Yes that's the ecu on the ground.  My buddy needed the mount.  It conveniently fits under the hood, sort of for driving.

Ps it is wet in the pictures, the paint pretty much sucks...

Keen eyed observers may notice that the rear wheel is a little wonky.  That's because the rear tire rod thingy is bent. Conveniently I have another one that is straight.  In full disclosure the front upper a arm is cracked on the drivers side,  I didn't realize that and drove it 8 miles home like that.  Scary!

It is on a set of 17x9.5 c4 wheels, the ones in the pictures are now on my s10.  The wheels that are now on the vette have 80% tread p zeros.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/10/18 7:56 p.m.

How does one let a C5 get to that state?  The PO should be banished to outer Mongolia.  Hope it finds a good home under a Nova II or something. I wonder if  the wheelbase close to that of a Kia Rondo...

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron Reader
9/10/18 8:55 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Google says 2009 Kia Rondo 106.3"  and C5 Corvette is 104.5"  ...that's close enough to be dangerous.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/10/18 9:04 p.m.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
9/10/18 11:01 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

And don't ask any questions about why I happen to have that image saved...

mike
mike New Reader
9/11/18 9:04 a.m.

You know how they're putting P71 Crown Vic frames under older f100 pickups on all those YouTube videos that suck way too much time out of my life ...

That S10 in the background looks lonely, and incomplete ...

looking for a new adventure ... 

ebelements
ebelements New Reader
9/11/18 9:19 a.m.

Not that I *can* or *should* be entertaining anything like this, but I do have a couple questions. What's a certificate of destruction and is it, say, different than a Salvage title? 

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/11/18 9:39 a.m.

If I had 2 month off of work I'd slap this body on it.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/d/1963-jaguar-mk-2-sedan/6652191925.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
9/11/18 9:44 a.m.

My 318ti isn't selling and the wheelbase is close enough that some flares would cover the difference after the chassis swap.  Hmm.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/11/18 9:47 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

My 318ti isn't selling and the wheelbase is close enough that some flares would cover the difference after the chassis swap.  Hmm.

Do ittttt!

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/11/18 9:52 a.m.
ebelements said:

Not that I *can* or *should* be entertaining anything like this, but I do have a couple questions. What's a certificate of destruction and is it, say, different than a Salvage title? 

You can't title a certificate of destruction.  However if you combine it with a car that has a title like a body swap you should be good to go.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/11/18 9:57 a.m.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/corvette-powered-ls1-civic-h-b-my-project-i-thought-i-would-share-2004368/

Cooter
Cooter Dork
9/11/18 10:06 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

really don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I wish I could find a way to work with the outside track width of this this for a project.  As it is, I am trying to use the distance from Chicago and (more than reasonable) price as my excuse to sadly e-watch it sell from the sidelines here. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/11/18 10:41 a.m.

Between the interior and exterior it really is a drivetrain donor at this point.....  If anyone is feeling extra froggy I'd make them a deal on an RX-8 to make something fast and track rat worthy.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/12/18 10:42 a.m.

I think you need to sell it to me for $1750 and we can have a parking lot build off with the MR2. 

I could use the engine for my after $2019 challenge RX7.  

I did just just buy my wife a fish tank, that means I can get a corvette. 

My competitiveness says buy the corvette, my Q”Ute” side says see what it can do with power steering, my crazy side says do both. 

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/12/18 7:58 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

I think you need to sell it to me for $1750 and we can have a parking lot build off with the MR2. 

I could use the engine for my after $2019 challenge RX7.  

I did just just buy my wife a fish tank, that means I can get a corvette. 

My competitiveness says buy the corvette, my Q”Ute” side says see what it can do with power steering, my crazy side says do both. 

One time my wife told me she wanted a new mattress. I said: we've had a lot of recent expenses, how about we hold off a few months till we get our bank accounts back up a bit. Then 2 days later I bought another car.

She wasn't so happy about that at first, but then I let her drive the car (jag xjr) and she was happy again. 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
9/12/18 8:51 p.m.

How many miles on it?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/12/18 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Jeremy mentioned it likely needs a TAC module so that would eat the rest of the budget if you could even get one for $268

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/12/18 9:50 p.m.

You know I started it after letting the tac module dry out and it appears to be working again.  For how long is anyone's guess...

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/24/18 1:01 p.m.

Sold

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I7Wsw1ze6IDfOZtgeWgzNl1iVxNwfr8gpJZorGEDI8CTIayBp4n1afzxQSlEyfrV