gde31ff
gde31ff New Reader
3/30/21 8:21 a.m.

PARTS CAR - NO TITLE

So, my wife has "had enough" of having a Jan 1972 build-date Spitfire in the backyard. She told me to get that thing OUT of our yard. I already stripped most of what I wanted (gas tank, chrome bits, tail lights, etc.) and there isn't much left. However, the engine/tranny and all four corners (brakes, suspension, etc) are still there. There is essentially no interior and I wouldn't consider any body panel very serviceable. The windshield and frame are still intact. Here are a few quick pics. If you know someone in the NC region who would be interested in this, please let me know. I just hate to see it go to the scrap yard when there are still Spit-bits that could be of use to someone...............

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/30/21 9:01 a.m.

I'm guessing it doesn't have an OD transmission.   I would have relieved you of the rear bumper, but I see it's gone already.  

gde31ff
gde31ff New Reader
3/30/21 10:16 a.m.

No overdrive tranny & yes, I did strip the bumpers and tail lights.  I paid for the car, took what I needed, and am just trying to pass it on.  Greatest potential might be frame, 4 corners, and drivetrain for resto purposes (or some crazy Spit-based re-body).  If you know someone who's looking for a COVID-project (or who just stockpiles Spit-bits....).....

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/1/21 12:12 a.m.

I might could use the front suspension and rear, if anyone wants the rest. And a friend in Fuquay NC might let it stay at his house while we separate it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e3IoykDyfthUlEqDLtvDdvPayfHBDkuSSXRAOMBfStg9nvlZbC6c6RaseFra4YPP