Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle New Reader
9/3/22 12:52 p.m.

I'm trying to make a racecar-sized hole in the shop by unloading an e39. This was our "Nice" car until hit in rear while stopped at a light. Black on black, with a bunch of the options ticked. 3.0L M54 and ZF 5HP19 5-speed auto with 140k and good maintenance history, style 42 wheels. Sorted, no issues, no leaks, solid and dependable. Paint is hosed from sitting outside for a while pre-shop. Trunklid and quarters not much help but rest of the sheetmetal is good. Almost had it fixed proper but too expensive, so it was totalled out and we bought another identical e39 in silver. It starts and runs, drove too until I pulled the radiator to donate to the silver car. I've been keeping it as a parts car for the other e39, but haven't really needed enough to justify plugging said racecar-sized hole anymore. I'd like to sell it whole. Hell, it may even make a decent racecar itself if that's your thing. Help me fuel the racing addiction! Located north of Dallas, TX.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/3/22 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Nockenwelle :

Is this the engine I need for my 2001 330ci?

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
9/3/22 11:21 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Yep. 

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle New Reader
1/8/23 1:45 a.m.

I still have this and still want to unload it. Help?

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
1/9/23 9:10 a.m.

In reply to Nockenwelle :

How much do you want for the car?

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle New Reader
1/9/23 1:51 p.m.

PM sent

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
5/13/23 1:34 p.m.

So, I still have this and still think it needs to go to a GRMer. My original post may have been unkind, most of the car is still pretty nice. Right quarter is unscathed, left quarter has a small wrinkle that would pull out. Doors are fine, and the left rear door panel is in the trunk because I was going to grab the window regulator but didn't. Cluster is partially disassembled for display pixel fix, and the radio was already done. Photos! More/specific on request.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
5/24/23 3:02 a.m.

Price?

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
6/1/23 11:09 a.m.

Let's say $1200. Motor and cats are worth more than that alone.

dclafleur
dclafleur Reader
6/1/23 12:29 p.m.
Nockenwelle said:

Let's say $1200. Motor and cats are worth more than that alone.

This might be what I need to get our lemons car back on the track, can it start and drive onto a trailer? Does it have a title (necessary for scrapping a shell).  I'm in Tulsa so I'll have to figure out some sort of logistics too..

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
6/6/23 9:06 p.m.

Dclafleur, I was at Hallett over the weekend (I presume you know the place) so just now catching up with GRM things. Car starts and runs just fine. It has a title. I even drained and refilled the fuel system a few moths ago with 93 octane and sta-bil. It can be driven as-is as far as one wants to until the impracticality of a missing radiator prevails, or the removed accessory belt makes steering more of a workout than tolerable. I even have the old radiator from the other car to toss in. It holds water for a while but leaks under pressure. Those damn plastic end tanks and pressure cycling... 

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
7/13/23 4:35 p.m.

I'm moving and don't want to take this. Someone needs it.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
7/13/23 4:39 p.m.

Dont suppose you're  moving to Ohio and can load it on a trailer?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
7/19/23 4:25 p.m.

I want it, just can't come get it and bring it back to Alabama without a bunch of trouble and money 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
8/14/23 4:01 p.m.

Still available?

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
8/23/23 10:19 a.m.

Yep!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
8/24/23 10:08 a.m.

PM sent or 334 text 202 me at 6275

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
9/5/23 9:44 p.m.

I really like those wheels, but that's the only part of the deal I could make use of

well

thats not true. I could make a lot of use of that whole thing, just not in a legal and safe manner

calteg
calteg SuperDork
9/6/23 9:18 a.m.

I've got a buddy in Arlington that might want this, let me reach out to him

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
2/19/24 12:31 p.m.

Bump. Needs to be gone by mid-March.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/28/24 10:49 p.m.

Canoe taunts me by bringing this back to page 1. 

calteg
calteg SuperDork
2/29/24 8:29 a.m.

If I had an economical way of getting it to Austin, I'd take it. I suspect transport would double the purchase price

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
2/29/24 1:58 p.m.

Calteg, it's only ~230 miles from the car to Austin...the haul to COTA took 4 hours. Transport for a car that can drive on/off a trailer is typically about $1/mile. And the price is negotiable...

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle Reader
3/19/24 12:57 p.m.

Last chance... T-minus 6 days.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZUiGut9cRx9Igs6MoPFazhusUynnK3vhBMAUdrHAmxoyp6aoZtTgE3AcuLLWb2ZH