Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/27/19 9:35 a.m.

5hp mtd chipper shredder.  I bought for $30 with stripped pull handle, “fixed” it the Grassroots way with a hose clamp and gobs of jb weld, used it for a couple years, now i just burn everything 

$30 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/27/19 9:41 a.m.

How big a limb will it do?

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
3/27/19 9:48 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Looks like an arm. Pretty sure it won't do a leg.

Got somebody in mind? laugh

Dusterbd13-michael
3/27/19 9:53 a.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

You just made my whole day. Thank you!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/27/19 10:20 a.m.

3” i think.  You’re going to need to borrow my utility trailer

Dusterbd13-michael
3/27/19 11:00 a.m.

Not big enough. Story of my life right there.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/27/19 11:14 a.m.

I'm seeing a $30 5hp go kart engine. 

Dusterbd13-michael
3/27/19 11:38 a.m.

My brother wants a bigger chipper, but his already doe 4 inch stuff according to him. Or else i would be borrowing the trailer. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/27/19 11:39 a.m.

Any chance you're heading to the Nelson compound soon?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/27/19 12:46 p.m.

Yes but won’t have room unfortunately 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/27/19 7:07 p.m.

Dang you're close to i80. I might have to pick this up Saturday. An idea of how big it is?

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/27/19 7:52 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Looks like an arm. Pretty sure it won't do a leg.

Got somebody in mind? laugh

I drove past this spot this morning

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/27/19 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I’m not home Saturday to help load but you know carli and she should be here so i doubt she would have issue with you popping by.  It’s probably 20 wide 36 long 33 tall and weighs under a hundred pounds. I start it on starting fluid because it’s easier than getting the huge chipping wheel turning fast enough to fire on the first pull.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/29/19 12:49 p.m.

I'm gonna have to pass. I don't think we will have enough space in the minivan with 2 adults, 2 kids in carseats, a couple suitcases, etc. Not to mention I don't really want the family in the same space smelling like oil and gas for like 5 hours. 

Probably should've thought it through a bit more before I posted, sorry. Really unfortunate because I could use that chipper and am driving home tomorrow from pittsburgh to chicago. Renting a trailer makes the price not really worth it anymore. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/29/19 1:03 p.m.

If you have a hitch you could harbor freight a hitch carrier, which if you have a hitch and carry greasy car parts you should own anyway.  

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/29/19 2:32 p.m.
Patrick said:

If you have a hitch you could harbor freight a hitch carrier, which if you have a hitch and carry greasy car parts you should own anyway.  

oh. Now there is an idea...

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/29/19 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

If you're already in Pittsburgh, hop to the Irwin exit if of tturnpike and you can have my hitch carrier

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/29/19 2:38 p.m.

I’d let you borrow mine if I didn’t use it all the time.  Way easier to lift a transmission onto a hitch carrier than the ridiculous tailgate height of a modern 4x4 truck

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/29/19 2:55 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Robbie :

If you're already in Pittsburgh, hop to the Irwin exit if of tturnpike and you can have my hitch carrier

You're in Irwin? I'm in cranberry township. Looks like the opposite side in the wrong direction, but maybe

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/29/19 2:56 p.m.

also, im at my FILs house right now and he might even have one I can borrow. Just have to ask this evening.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/29/19 3:03 p.m.
Robbie said:
RevRico said:

In reply to Robbie :

You're in Irwin? I'm in cranberry township. Looks like the opposite side in the wrong direction, but maybe

I'm in Greensburg, depending on traffic, 10-20 minutes from Irwin turnpike. Cranberry township is about an hour away, opposite direction for getting back to Illinois though. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/29/19 3:39 p.m.

Plans changed i will be home tomorrow and dusterbd13 may be here as well

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/29/19 3:43 p.m.

I will probably be swinging by too now that you gave me this idea. Will text you later. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/30/19 9:32 p.m.

Made it home, thanks again. My fil mentioned this morning that we would have a bit of rain on our drive and then after Cleveland it would he sunny. That was a lie. Hard rain most of the way, cleared up by the time we got to south bend ish.

Hope the truck is fixed by now, and that you guys didnt get soaked.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
3/30/19 10:08 p.m.
Stampie said:

I'm seeing a $30 5hp go kart engine. 

^^^ First thing I thought of!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4XriGB3mRUTmTDo9YXDdu5qWezLzzMZewQsdLfEcqcrmJWlvWhAh2WKIXekT7h6z