Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/11/22 3:56 p.m.

SOLD

I am growing less and less pumped about building an 800HP drag car and more and more toward wanting less projects.   This is a one shot package deal, and will not be broken up here.  Not everything one needs is here, but it'll get you most of the way there to a big power drivetrain.

ENGINE:

Block:  17K mile 2017 LY6 6.0 gen4 from a box truck.  dropped a valve, broke a piston, got it from my uncle's freightliner dealer.  block looks good.  

Heads:  from same.  rectangle port ls3/L92 leads.  one dropped a valve, and will need chamber work or buy one head.  other is mint.  on the damaged head, it looks like the valve seats were not hit and for challenge I was planning to smooth the dings and put valves in and if they sealed I was planning to hit send.

Valve covers from same

Crank: 6.0 LQ4 (28X) that is in good condition

Rods: gen4 in good shape that I bought as a set

Pistons:  new in box sealed power hypereutectic flat top for the gen4 pistons

Cam:  new LS3 takeout.

Lifters and rockers from the 6.0 - please get new rockers for the offset ones as these are factory weak points and why this happened.

Intake: fabricated aluminum intake with fuel rails and 102mm throttle body

used truck water pump, balancer, accessory bracket with power steering pump

one pair of exhaust manifolds to chop up if you so choose

99-03ish truck harness and pcm to work with the 24x crank and the cable throttle body - not pruned to standalone nor programmed, just stock.

TRANSMISSION:

BOP short tail TH400 that was professionally built but cracked the bellhousing in a drag car, which will be fixed by the included:

New JW Ultrabell bell housing.  How it works:  cut off the original cracked bellhousing and bolt this one on through the pump bolts, SFI certified, chevy pattern.

new 10" 3500 stall torque converter

TURBO:

New godspeed 72mm turbo

New ebay intercooler

New universal intercooler piping kit

New wastegate

New offshore adjustable fuel pressure regulator

New ebay BOV

GRM price:  $2500, and you will get more than is listed above

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/11/22 4:37 p.m.

Holy crap

Edit - just did a 250 mile radius search for what I want to put this in, and all I found were overpriced rot boxes, and very overpriced restored cars.  Going to keep an eye out until this is sold, though, just in case.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/11/22 8:09 p.m.

That would nicely slide into my Corvette Kart and make a crazy 2100# rocket!

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
3/11/22 8:20 p.m.

Holy E36 M3! That's a good deal!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/12/22 8:12 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

It kinda is, when i look at what i could sell everything for separate.  I didn't realize what stuff was going for anymore.  

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
3/12/22 10:05 p.m.

I wish.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/17/22 12:31 p.m.

For GRM only i will include new genuine siemens deka 80# injectors and stainless ebay turbo headers at $2500 but will not go lower.  Will leave up here as I continue to clean out the garage then if nobody bites i'll list elsewhere

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/17/22 1:00 p.m.

Ok, this may be the perfect drivetrain for my 1960 Elky...

Let me come back in a little while and ready more carefully. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/17/22 1:03 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Sent you a text

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/17/22 1:04 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Sold to tim

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/17/22 1:05 p.m.

That's what happens when I take a nap.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/17/22 7:48 p.m.

A GRMer told me today that they noticed I was quick to grab something here when it was something I wanted.  Yep you snooze you loose when a deal like this comes up. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
3/17/22 9:00 p.m.
Stampie said:

A GRMer told me today that they noticed I was quick to grab something here when it was something I wanted.  Yep you snooze you loose when a deal like this comes up. 

And sometimes you call dibs and get passed over.  Say La Vee.

Edit: not on this deal. (Patrick is very much a stand up guy)yes

I'm still a little chaffed on a different busted deal.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/18/22 8:08 a.m.

All the horse torques for little money. Awesome deal. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/18/22 8:43 a.m.

I just need to decide if the turbo stuff is going on my S10, or if I need to find a cheap 1973-75 Chevelle/Malibu, 1976-77 Cutlass, or 1976-79 Seville, or just be less selective and find an even cheaper, already caged roller.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/18/22 9:11 a.m.

Seville gets my vote. Hold out for one w/o vinyl top which puts you into 78&79.  I'm amazed that pre-covid, $6k will buy you a Seville that is garage kept and you can drive home. In a Nova, $6k has to be trailered home. More like $15-20k to drive home. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/18/22 9:20 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Of the three I called out specifically, the Seville is my least favorite, but I love the idea of a building a Cadillac Nova into a race car.  I'd have to consider other Nova-adjacent cars, like the Omega, Apollo, Phoenix, and Ventura, too.

If I do that, I need to hurry up and get the S10 finished and on the road.  I am completely out of space, and renting two storage lockers right now.

Edit, to further complicate things, a neighbor texted me yesterday about selling their ran when parked 2002 S10 fairly cheaply.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/18/22 9:38 a.m.

Easy to find, $5k. It's not a full runner but its cheaper than $6k...and its a hard top in a desirable color. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/18/22 10:00 a.m.

I don't have space yet!!!!  laugh

If I did have room, I'd probably pick up this 1974 Malibu, since it is already a runner.  It also looks a little nicer than I want.  The trick is to find something structurally sound, but ugly enough I won't care about hacking it up.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/18/22 4:45 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

My high school car was a 77 Malibu 2dr. Stripper model with 250 straight 6 and 3 speed auto. No vinyl roof but did have Corvette cone wheels similar to picture above.  Copper/orange color with tan interior. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/18/22 5:33 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Colonnade cars were fairly common at my high school, along with 70's X bodies and 80's G bodies, so I kind of have a soft spot for all of them.  Now that think of it, if I want to be weird, I should look for a late 70's Cutlass Salon or Buick Century.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dXE2ZbZnCr9VS1BxQuYLsaYQtVloe4amV9Ys745RcWHM4U6XPWxtzVkiBEcIuxeg