Danny Shields
Danny Shields HalfDork
3/25/19 5:55 a.m.

We are having a car guy yard sale on Saturday, March 30th from 9 am to 2 pm at 116 Ten Oak Place in Valrico, Florida 33594. Several cars for sale, and a large selection of tools and parts. Mark's (Spin_out) car guy garage sale four weeks ago was very successful and we want to thank everyone who participated. Most of the cars sold, and we were able to gather up additional tools and parts that need to go.  Now we can offer deals like:

$425 MillerMatic 175 230V Wire Welder, Hobart cart, extra cylinder

$30 Large bench vise, Alltrade Professional 299-V-1

$35 Sears Table saw

$20 Bench-mount Metal cutter, Pittsburg, HF

$60 60 Gal Craftsman Upright compressor, 240V, one bad cyl., 6 hp, 15 scfm@40 psi (works but slowly)

$45 Ryobi 14 inch Cutoff Machine (Chop Saw)

$35 Electric winch. Portable. I used it with car trailer.

50 cents Tall Traffic cones 36"???

Red, white, and Blue Single stage paint, new. (half of new price, maybe less)

$140 Cobra style Fox Mustang Rims. Only 2, in white. 17” x 9” , 4 lug

Hand tools, various. Some 4 for a $1, Some a dollar

Bench grinder.

Compression tester.

Power saws and drills.

Air tools.

$95 NA Miata – Pair of Adjustable Konis for the rear. New in box

$235 NA Miata – In the Box Robbins Top. Tan Cloth with rear glass defroster. (Plus extra piece at bottom.)

$150 NA Miata – 14” Hollow spoke rims, painted orange, older R tires, extra new race tire

Make offer Triumph TR7 parts, engine, body panels and many original parts leftover from a parted-out car and a TR8 conversion Challenge car. A TR7 enthusiast should come and get the whole lot.

One 1987 Mustang GT wheel.

One 2001 F150 wheel

Two new but aging 205/60-13 tires

Fishing rods and tackle

Make offer Merkur XR4Ti -Cloth seats

Make offer Merkur XR4Ti -Rapido Mass Air

Make offer Merkur XR4Ti -Braded Brake lines

Make offer Merkur XR4Ti -Trick Rear brake Pads

Make offer Merkur XR4Ti -Gillis Boost Valve

Make offer Merkur XR4Ti -Crank window doors, and other bolt on body parts

Make offer Merkur XR4Ti -Shifter bushing kit

Make offer Merkur XR4ti-wheel

The Merkur parts cars are gone but we still have all these good parts (stored inside) and more.

Mark's remaining cars for sale (see car threads) are:

1986 FordMustang SVO project, was being prepped for Challenge

1988 MerkurXR4ti project with go-fast goodies

1979 MercuryZephyr, no engine or transmission

1980 TriumphTR8 conv. out of storage, cleaned up and looking good

1963 Avanti, longtime garage storage, primed

The Delorean is still in storage and we have not had time to clean it up and evaluate it.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/25/19 6:45 a.m.

I wish i had room for the avanti, I’ve always been fascinated with them 

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
3/25/19 6:56 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I agree. I’ve always found them cool and they are very distinctive. Not everyone likes them but I sure do. 

glueguy
glueguy Dork
3/25/19 11:45 a.m.

Unfortunately I'll be in Gainesville doing car things and miss this day, too.  The Boxster has gone from Clearwater to Daytona and is in Miami for the next five weeks before coming back home.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
3/25/19 1:56 p.m.

Those cones would be good for blocking streets.. wink

Danny Shields
Danny Shields HalfDork
3/25/19 2:22 p.m.
Patrick said:

Studebaker history says they chose the fiberglass body because they could afford neither the time nor expense to tool up for a steel body. The Avanti was planned as a limited production car, and became even more scarce when the corporation failed soon after the car's introduction.  A 1963 Avanti is far rarer than, say, a 1963 Corvette. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
3/27/19 3:59 p.m.

PM sent to Danny.

Zoldier
Zoldier New Reader
3/28/19 7:11 a.m.

PM sent as well. Interested in the SVO.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/29/19 8:38 p.m.

So I heard that a Michigan GRMer is visiting in-laws about 100 miles from there and might be looking for a little break...

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
3/30/19 1:21 a.m.
Danny Shields said:
Patrick said:

Studebaker history says they chose the fiberglass body because they could afford neither the time nor expense to tool up for a steel body. The Avanti was planned as a limited production car, and became even more scarce when the corporation failed soon after the car's introduction.  A 1963 Avanti is far rarer than, say, a 1963 Corvette. 

So True Happily Enough People Loved them that the Avant II Was Contunied For Many Years By Sadly at least 5 different Companys. The last one being in Carrolton Ga, There are Several Bodies Rotting away In barns Around there.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields HalfDork
3/30/19 7:06 p.m.

Thanks to all who turned out for Mark's Car Guy Yard Sale today. No additional cars sold today but most of the tools and a few parts did. I hope everyone went home happy with some great purchases. It was good seeing so many folks from this forum. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/30/19 7:19 p.m.

Had a good time trading stories and hanging out with spin_out, Danny Shields, hobiercr, and a couple other guys at the Car Guy Yard Sale today.  The TR8 is really nice, the SVO, XR4ti, and Zephyr are good solid cars to build, and the Avanti is, well, it’s an Avanti.   ;-)

And just down the street is a used car lot that looks like where Radwood goes to die.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/30/19 10:25 p.m.

Super surprised to see AngryCorvair at a Tampa yard sale, but also super cool.  Lots of fun conversations from a mix of car guys.  Oh, and we sold a Lot of tools.  :)  Thanks to all the volunteers.  I hope people found deals. 

PS. I predicting at least one red, white, and blue car at this year’s Challenge.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W1SZUNNHXI0joK8NHHTPJ8H0ilOzgk34k9FJwHta5pFp2XvWpZQMaOHH7qZzqJCr