Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
4/1/19 10:07 a.m.

I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of spares from my old engine.  I've scrapped the block, but since my replacement engine included everything but the harness, I have a bunch of spares. Let me know if you need any of this stuff.  I'd love to trade for other E30 parts, particularly sway bars, bushings, wheels, tires, or anything else that'll make my car better/faster on an auto-x course. 

Cylinder head: from an e30 1991 318i. Camshafts included & still on the head. This is the same engine as in the 91 318is and the 92 318i convertibles. Also mostly similar to the E30 318i engines through 1995 (OBD 1).   The engine fried the bearings (PO cracked the oil pan) and it thew a rod through the block. At least two of the valves made contact with the piston, so i'd plan on replacing those two valves, or have the entire head rebuilt. Head gasket was intact, so although I haven't had the head professionally inspected, it looks straight. There wasn't any mixing of coolant and oil.  I was planning to keep this as a spare...but frankly, if something major goes wrong my my current M42, I'd probably just swap a 6cyl engine into the car.  

All of the timing gears look like new.

I usually target 1/2 the going rate on ebay for random spare parts...but let me know if you need any of this stuff.  I don't mind shipping, but would prefer not to deal with the post office.

valve cover
intake
Fuel rail & injectors
headers (flange to the cat was cut & welded to a new downpipe)
pistons and rods (3)
Alternator

Throttlebody

There are a few parts I plan on keeping for spares and troubleshooting. injectors, ECU, MAF, etc. If you're local and you need these items let me know, but I'm not actively looking to sell them.

Stuff I don't have:
Oil pickup tube
Oil pans (upper and lower cracked).  1 spare oil pan doesn't look cracked, but it is pretty banged up so it's probably safer to just buy a replacement pan.
AC compressor
Intake boot/tube
airbox

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sgIp9QHzAZMxb3UtVDdUBg0dRe5DGgGXwSzHNyVFdCKQkAqbXtQH6kgei0cbmFIT