1 2 3
dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/4/21 7:30 a.m.

I have a low mileage Ford Ecoboost 2.0, wiring harness and an NC Miata 6 speed that we were going to use in an engine swap, but are taking a different route now. Engine has 30K miles on it.  Send the wiring harness to SCS Delta http:// https://www.scs-delta.co.uk/ford-ecoboost-ecu  they have a US dealer who can do the support.  $900 for the package. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/4/21 4:19 p.m.

Seems like a heck of a deal.  Were you going to put this in a Spitfire? 

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/4/21 4:51 p.m.

I hate that I know just how easy it would be to come grab this from you frown

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
8/4/21 5:21 p.m.

which computer do you need to use ,   and how hard is that to set up ?

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
8/4/21 5:51 p.m.

Wow, that is a great deal. Wish I were closer as it would be a cool swap into my '71 510. Anyone want to lug this to the Challenge for me?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/4/21 5:56 p.m.

We should be seeing this combo all over the place. C'mon people!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/4/21 6:10 p.m.

The internet tells me a 2.0L Ford ecoBoost makes about 240 hp in stock form.  How much can these engines be mildly tuned to produce?  

My m-i-l had that engine in her 2013 Ford Escape and it was screaming quick.  I think this is the same engine Ford even offered in the larger Ford Explorer.  

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
8/4/21 6:32 p.m.

This is like an hour from me.  Grrr....

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
8/4/21 6:35 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

The Wiki page shows a range from 200hp up to 252hp in the Focus ST. The SCS computer page confirms the 252 in stock trim but says 280hp is capable with intercooler and "ancillaries." On their front page they show the 2.0 as capable of 400hp. Not sure what is required for this. 

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
8/4/21 6:35 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Will you see if it will fit in a 122 for me?

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/4/21 9:28 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Here’s a local autoxer who's getting about 450hp out of his FoRS. He's got everything documented on his site. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
8/4/21 9:47 p.m.

Somebody needs this :-) who will step up to the plate?

This was going in a GT6, but we are now going to use a Rover V8. I am surprised these are not used more, as they make a ton of power in a small package.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/4/21 9:50 p.m.

Do we know of any way to control a DI motor swap like this on a challenge budget?

volvoclearinghouse
8/4/21 10:15 p.m.
hobiercr said:

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Will you see if it will fit in a 122 for me?

Am I that predictable? 

OK, so I have like a dozen 122's this could theoretically be shoved into.  I know bubkiss about fuel injection, though. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 6:54 a.m.

The cool thing about these DI motors is the high pressure pump is mounted on the engine, so you just feed it from a standard FI pump like you would do on any other fuel injected engine. As far as the DI being challenge friendly, well unfortunately the controllers are not challenge budget  friendly but are not out of line. 250 or more HP and 270 ft/lbs of torque in a compact package!

volvoclearinghouse
8/5/21 7:25 a.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

I'd be curious to know the package dimensions, particularly the height and oil pan geometry.  One of the biggest problems with modern engines is they're so dang tall. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/5/21 8:06 a.m.

Also interested in general dimmensions. And a shot of the engine from the side to see oil pan profile.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/5/21 9:01 a.m.

I know that GM provides 3D models of their engines to SEMA members. I don't know if Ford does the same, but I'll see if I can find out. I wouldn't be able to share the model but I could pull some dimensions.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/5/21 9:18 a.m.

Hey, check out what Ford has on their website!

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/M-6007-23T_dimensions.pdf

That's the 2.3, but based on the related MZR there's probably an 11mm height difference between the 2.0 and 2.3.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 10:03 a.m.

Actually, I installed a Ford 2.3 mustang oil pan as it works better for RWD.  I had downloaded this from Ford as well for my mock up.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 10:14 a.m.

I also have some engine mount plates that were cut out to fit the Ecoboost for making RWD engine mounts, that I'll throw in with the deal

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 11:08 a.m.

awww jeez. heading outside with tape measure right now. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 11:21 a.m.

Unfortunately, she just ain't gon fit in an MGB GT without major surgery.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 11:48 a.m.

Height being the issue? I put an LT1 and T56 in an MGB GT and Keith did the same with an LS motor. On the GT6, the turbo would not clear the shock tower without  surgery. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/5/21 12:18 p.m.

How bad would that be to put in an NC? Dad needs and engine for mom's NC... Let me send him this link. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uXqnPiBpkaviQeTy3iWJfLRF6DuccL7EMntMQrclOi5ckSCORJlrbewlIDaMV8B1