1 2
Aeromoto
Aeromoto Dork
7/20/20 1:24 p.m.

All parts from 2015 Fiesta STs

engine and trans have 22k miles, can be vin verified

My plan was to swap all this into the 1980 Fiesta I listed in the car section, but time and health have other plans for me. 

Located in Long Beach Mississippi

$1500 for everything, not wanting to separate. Can crate and ship at buyer's expense. Can text additional pics.

Includes:

~Complete great running 22k mile engine and 6 speed trans, still bolted to complete K member, rotor to rotor. Engine has manifolds, turbo, starter, accessories, harness, etc. Has full brakes, rack, sway bar, struts, etc etc 

~ 2 ecms, 2 fuel pumps, 2 gauge clusters, 2 6 spd shifters/cables, 2 DBW gas pedals, clutch pedals, spare starter, spare engine harness, air box with MAF, complete electric steering column with ST wheel. intercooler, radiator, condensor, ST rear spoiler, 6 ST wheels, etc etc 

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/20/20 1:46 p.m.

Psssst, hey Robbie....

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/20/20 1:56 p.m.
gumby (Forum Supporter) said:

Psssst, hey Robbie....

yeah no kidding. Aero, currently texting with a buddy we may be interested. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
7/20/20 2:07 p.m.

I dont think I can commit at this time. Too many project parts already sitting in shop. This is an absolutely amazing deal though. someone with a regular fiesta should upgrade.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
7/20/20 2:14 p.m.

anyone know off the top of their head if this motor (1.6l turbo) would be in Dmod or Emod SCCA? I actually think it might squeak into Dmod

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Dork
7/20/20 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Ok thanks. I can relate. My plan was to put all this in the back of a mk1 Fiesta, like a Ford answer to the Renault 5 turbo, but time, money, and now shoulder surgery..... sigh. 

nocones
nocones UltraDork
7/20/20 2:57 p.m.

I would be Emod.  Dmod cutoff is 2.0L NA with a Turbo adjustment of 1.4 x displacement.  that gives a max displacement of 1428 cc.  Now with the proliferation of 1.6L turbos and turbo engines requiring a restrictor I think the SCCA should consider in the interest of expanding engine options for Dmod allowing factory 1.6L turbos.  They already allow Rotaries to use >2.0 L effective displacement so the justification is there.  All the 1.6L factory turbo options develop ~200Hp before application of a restrictor.   Engines would become available from Ford, Hyundai/Kia and Honda (1.5L).  This would add to the 3 available 1.4L turbos from GM, Fiat, and VW. 

In Emod it would run without restrictor.  The fastest cars in the class seem to run ~350-400 WHP engines so a built 1.6L probably isn't a huge disadvantage.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
7/20/20 4:04 p.m.

I really want to do a package deal on this.....  I really cant do a package deal. 

Unless, you want a Cobra Roadster chassis ;) yea, that doesnt fit your needs as listed.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Dork
7/20/20 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Thinkkker :

Package? You mean with the MK1 fiesta? Sure haha

But no, I really can't do anything with a cobra chassis. Got waaaay toooo many projects- T bucket, 60 Comet, 84 El Camino, 87 Regal, a boat, etc etc I have a sickness lol

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
7/20/20 5:08 p.m.

If you ever decide to part it out I'd be interested in the transmission and associated parts. Although getting it to Ohio would probably still be more effort/expense than I'm realistically interested in.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/20/20 6:13 p.m.

FYI I've checked this(and the MkI Fiesta) out & can confirm this is a screaming deal that's been very difficult for me to resist. 

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Dork
7/20/20 6:41 p.m.

thanks Pete. I think you drove the ST this came out of at my place one day?

I'll make someone a package deal of everything- all parts, the 1980 Mk1, and a nice pair of ST front seats for $2000.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/20/20 6:45 p.m.

That is a sweet deal

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
7/20/20 7:40 p.m.

I have a '79 Fiesta and I did plan on doing this same mod but I'm not ready!  I have other projects to finish and a couple I still have to start and I just don't have the space to store said drivetrain until I can get to it.  Oh well, there will be other Fiesta ST around when I do need one for it's engine.

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage Reader
7/21/20 12:13 p.m.

wish I had the welding skills to build the structure needed to cram this under the hood of my classic mini.

And that it wasn't 12 hours away.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
7/21/20 12:39 p.m.
Aeromoto said:

thanks Pete. I think you drove the ST this came out of at my place one day?

I'll make someone a package deal of everything- all parts, the 1980 Mk1, and a nice pair of ST front seats for $2000.

GAHHHH you're killing me smalls

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
7/21/20 12:44 p.m.

for the attention of all you potential swappers, the fiesta ST width is 67.8 inches and the front track is 57.7 inches. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/21/20 12:47 p.m.

Robbie: this needs to meet the x19. Please. Ill help with the GoFundMe. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
7/21/20 1:03 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Robbie: this needs to meet the x19. Please. Ill help with the GoFundMe. 

I know - it would be such an awesome match. Unfortunately funds aren't the issue. Can you start a GoTimeMe? I really need to stop buying parts that I'm not even planning to need for 1 or more years haha. 

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Dork
7/21/20 1:51 p.m.

My plan of putting it in the back of the MK1 would've had Renault 5 Turbo'esque box flares

nocones
nocones UltraDork
7/21/20 2:40 p.m.

Stop your killing me.  I already have..   WAY to many projects.  Please someone buy this and the MK1 soon.

7/21/20 3:10 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

You & Robbie just need to go in on this together. You're close enough that one of you can work on it for a while, then drag it up/down to the other person's garage, etc. 

Oh, and I have room here if someone needs a place to crash when they pick it up. 

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Dork
7/21/20 5:24 p.m.

Hell, I don't mind meeting someone a few hours out- Lafayette, or jackson, or montgomery, or panama city

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/21/20 6:15 p.m.
Aeromoto said:

My plan of putting it in the back of the MK1 would've had Renault 5 Turbo'esque box flares

Kinda off topic but if anyone comes across a single 15" Gotti 075p in 5x130 I really need it. Thank you, back to your previously scheduled programming .

7/23/20 10:33 a.m.

While it's not Challenge budget friendly, for about $2k here's a plug-n-play stand-alone setup for it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tATW2KCPmFlxxy8ywO2RiwYRueRokBv7MMzBpe9T5YfEX1LOdRAfwDEbAPgXl2aM