DonovanTire
DonovanTire New Reader
1/17/23 2:03 p.m.

We've got 6 of these brand new Ford "Godzilla" Engines on hand and ready for install at our shop in Cincinnati. $10,000 includes full assembly. It's ready to plug and play.

We got an awesome price on them as a group and we're passing those savings on to you. Take your truck up a notch with this reliable, durable and powerful engine. 

Local Cincinnati Pick Up ONLY.  Call Donovan's Auto and Tire at 513-351-3388  and ask for Dane with questions.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/17/23 3:06 p.m.

In reply to DonovanTire :

Not that I can get this now but once a reasonably priced low profile intake is available I would love to put one in my Town Car.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/18/23 10:50 a.m.

I wonder how hard it would be to drop one in a truck that had a 6.2. Did the 7.3 ever come with the 6spd?

bentwrench
bentwrench UltraDork
1/18/23 11:26 a.m.

The picture shows an included trans?

DonovanTire
DonovanTire New Reader
1/18/23 2:22 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

Yes, this includes the trans. This is full assembly ready to rock.

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle New Reader
1/23/23 2:17 p.m.

I'm excited to see where the new 7.3 goes. First photo of one fully dressed I've seen. No surprise it looks a lot like the LS...Ford was tired of GM stealing their lunch money in the truck market.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/23/23 3:06 p.m.

My friend bought one a while ago to put in a Fox Body and after learning more about it, decided not to use it. Took him a while to sell it for the 8k Canadian he paid.

There is a LOT to like about this engine. What is is NOT is compact. Intakes, oilpan and front dress are for trucks and not a lot of options out there.  $$$$$ for what is out there.

Things might have changed, but there was no engine control options a year ago. His plan was to use a 4.6 modular engine computer and make it work without the VVT. 

There is at least one aftermarket supplier who is devoted to this engine. "Indy"? or some such. About 15k Canadian would have solved most of the issues.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/23/23 3:27 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

There is supposed to be a Ford Motorsports low profile intake coming out soon (supposed to be months ago). There are oil pan options but open your check book. I will have to wait for them to get some more aftermarket and get cheaper to play with one. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/23/23 6:55 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

Ford has a reputation for putting out "crate" engines and never doing the engine controls. 

I suppose a Motec would do, but those are neither cheap nor for amateurs.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/24/23 3:26 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Other than cam timing, which already has a few options for deletion, it seems like a pretty simple motor. I am not sure that you need a Motec for it. Maybe we are thinking on different levels though. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/24/23 4:02 p.m.
NOHOME said:

In reply to singleslammer :

Ford has a reputation for putting out "crate" engines and never doing the engine controls. 

I suppose a Motec would do, but those are neither cheap nor for amateurs.

For the electric motors, they're not even trying. They're partnering with AEM. Which I think is the right choice.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
1/24/23 4:24 p.m.

I wonder if I can get Hennesy to drop one in my new Bronco?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SHKXisHVnk7zRiobwnhrlbGyaEcFaSyU3zwygzrxCE9MRcehlV1FapLFbuBhU9JC