Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/7/20 10:03 p.m.

Since I pulled this off a couple years ago and sold my last 3, this has just been sitting in the garage. Has poly greaseable mounts and mazdaspeed3 end links included. 

someone previously halfway drilled out one of the holes for the stiffest setting, which I've filled in with a steel insert which keeps it from clunking and breaking end links. 

fits first and second gen mazda3/mazdaspeed3 and I think the mazda5 

$150 obo shipped or pick up in Houston Tx 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/8/20 7:54 a.m.

I'm interested. Will send you a message later.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/8/20 10:58 a.m.

Do you have the diameter?

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/9/20 6:24 a.m.

According to the description on amazon, it's 32mm, but it is a hollow bar. 

amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I23ZE4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_D3VbFbRPFW32F

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/10/20 2:24 p.m.

pulled it out and cleaned it up a bit for a picture.  I will say that the passenger side end link was replaced under warranty so is a bit tighter than the drivers side one, but there isn't any play in either. Also I said that they have mazdaspeed3 end links but those are required to fit the bar and bolt right up to a standard ms3. 

@mrjoshua I haven't seen any message from you, let me know if I missed it but didn't find anything in spam. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/10/20 3:56 p.m.

I have this same bar on my car. Fantastic piece. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/10/20 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Strizzo :

I have been thinking about whether it is too much for my V50 Volvo. It should bolt up but it is much stiffer than any of the typical Volvo offerings. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/10/20 6:28 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

In reply to Strizzo :

I have been thinking about whether it is too much for my V50 Volvo. It should bolt up but it is much stiffer than any of the typical Volvo offerings. 

My experience with volvos tells me this would really wake it up. I'd do it. 

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/11/20 1:37 a.m.

My understanding of these was that the hollow bar isn't as stiff as a solid bar of the same diameter, but most of the aftermarket bars are solid and a smaller size. 

like I said I ran it on the stiffest setting and it made it very easy to throw the car into a corner and lift to rotate, but not so stiff that it felt like it was going to spin. 

Back when I had a mazdaspeed3 (I ran this bar on a 2.0 5spd sedan) I had the Cobb rear bar, which was a little less stiff than this, so probably pretty close to the same as the hotchkiss on the less stiff setting. 

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/15/20 8:44 p.m.

Bump, still available. 

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/22/20 10:03 p.m.

Bump again 

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/28/20 12:18 a.m.

Still available, open to offers

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
7/28/20 7:39 a.m.

Email sent, if you didn't get it, please let me know. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OFGC2eG2vk2i3QcSYKlzVGkNm6p4iZPUO0Og8gaX6xOICSULh2l4yUdUpgjtxNl0