greggearhead
greggearhead Reader
2/3/21 4:47 p.m.

This is an NOS carburetor setup for 8V Super Vee Race engines from Bertils Racing Engines. The intake manifold is not ported, the outside and inside of the carbs are very clean with no residue or smell or any evidence of ever being run.

They are 47mm carbs, ,with 43mm venturis, obviously for a high revving VW. They had some ink stamp numbers on them before I sprayed them off with carb cleaner. The ink numbers were 4738 on both lids. They have engraved numbers of 1061 and 1062 on each of the lids. I did not try to clean them any more than a simple spray off. I am sure they would look great after a ultrasonic bath or vapor blast if you wanted to go that far.

These are neat carbs that are supposed to use mostly Weber jets, have externally adjustable floats, a float bowl slosh dam, and more.

Partial trades of other carbs and intakes considered.

WILL sell carbs and manifold separately.

$1200 obo for everything

$800 for carbs

$400 for manifold

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
2/3/21 6:01 p.m.

Beautiful and unobtanium goodness.  The formula atlantic 1.6 these were attached to in race form supposedly produced ~165HP.  They come up from time to time relatively complete and I always wanted to do an old school mk1 with one.

greggearhead
greggearhead Reader
2/4/21 7:33 a.m.

Super Vee, not Formula Atlantic.  Don't think they ever used a VW powerplant in Atlantic.  Might have used them on the 4AGE - if that's what you mean, but obviously this VW manifold wouldn't work.  

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
2/4/21 12:11 p.m.

Anyone have the history of SK carbs ?   Whats sizes they made etc

I had a pair last year that were on a Datsun ,  

Thanks

greggearhead
greggearhead Reader
2/4/21 12:17 p.m.

The progression goes - Solex, then Mikuni PHH, then SK Racing, then OER.  I think SK made 40, 45, 47 and 50, but I could be wrong about that.  

greggearhead
greggearhead Reader
2/4/21 3:48 p.m.

SOLD

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/4/21 4:20 p.m.

My first mki GTI had one of the leftover Bertils beetle cup engines. It's in Wisconsin somewhere last I knew. I had a Super Vee cam cover on my desk for years, this stuff is all unobtainable now.

revtom
revtom
7/22/21 8:09 a.m.

If you still have the SV intake manifold, please let me know here, or at tomrev2@yahoo.com, thanks!

greggearhead
greggearhead Reader
7/22/21 11:09 a.m.
revtom said:

If you still have the SV intake manifold, please let me know here, or at tomrev2@yahoo.com, thanks!

Sorry, all sold.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rr7SXdwdYlYHpC25TkvygWKGl4qsiZZVwuPwJWvZNK8E9ArHUfh8Qmphu4Ll94fS