ChuckW
ChuckW New Reader
12/9/19 4:29 p.m.

What I have here is an item purchased for an old project ('77 242) that I no longer have.

It's an MSnSE (V2.2) unit

You'll notice an extra card in the case. 
It's an old MSnSE daughterboard that allowed for a bunch of additional configuration options.

It's an older version of this board

(Glens  Garage isn't around any longer, as far as I know)

And I was able to dig up the connections list for this card

I bought it used a while back. I reconfigured it for the project I was working on, and added a DB-15 to it to handle the extra wiring in and out. The ignition was configured for a DSM-CAS and wasted spark (4cyl). I wasn't planning (originally) to use anything really but the e-fan control, but I didn't want to remove the other stuff. There are also a bunch of other options in the daughtercard.

I never got farther than testing it on the Stim, but it all appeared to work as it should (There was no tach output, as my stim wasn't configured to test it. I didn't have the fancy later one.)

It's older and nothing fancy, but it could be a good starting point for anyone looking for an inexpensive DIY ECM. It would be easy to reconfigure to another ignition trigger, or just use the DSM-CAS.
I'll include all of the info I have, but you'll be on your own for making sure it all works for what you need. I'll include connectors for the db-37 and db-15, but you will need to make your own harness.

$110 gets it to your door anywhere in the US.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Chuck

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
12/9/19 5:15 p.m.

Ooooh, I'm interested. Need to look at a few things.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
12/12/19 8:07 a.m.

Also interested. Normally I'd jump on it, but it's not a great time for that at the moment. 

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
12/12/19 9:50 a.m.

Are you including the dsm cas? Sorry I'm I'm misreading.

ChuckW
ChuckW New Reader
12/12/19 10:30 p.m.
Robbie said:

Are you including the dsm cas? Sorry I'm I'm misreading.

I don't have the CAS any longer. It left with the (Volvo) adapter I had when I sold it.

It was mentioned because that is how the unit is currently configured (Optical sensor). The buyer can use it that way, or reconfigure the trigger to something else. 

ChuckW
ChuckW New Reader
12/17/19 5:32 a.m.

Still available, looking for a new home.

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
12/17/19 10:00 a.m.

I don't think anyone has been waiting on me, but I've decided I don't need this right now, I'm out. Thanks !

vwcorvette
vwcorvette UltraDork
12/19/19 8:37 p.m.

How tough to configure this for a VW 2.0 16v using batch fire injection? I'd like to move in from the Bosch CIS.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
12/19/19 11:25 p.m.

For $136 you can make this a MS2 and enjoy the advanced features....

The most obvious of which is the huge list of supported triggering setups.

And with some simple mods an MS2 will do sequential spark and fuel on a 4 cyl.

ChuckW
ChuckW New Reader
12/20/19 8:34 a.m.
vwcorvette said:

How tough to configure this for a VW 2.0 16v using batch fire injection? I'd like to move in from the Bosch CIS.

By default, this already has 2 separate injector banks (batches).

What is the current ignition? A Bosch Hall effect dist with single coil?

From DIY Autotune's site.

Using the MegaSquirt-I (MSnS-E) with the Bosch ignition module

Since there is no need for a VR conditioner or onboard coil driver, this one can use the V2.2, V3.0, or V3.57 board

MegaSquirt-I PCBv2.2 Mods Required:

• Remove D5, D8, and R10. Also remove the jumper between XG1 and XG2.
  • Replace D8 with a 1K resistor.
  • Run a length of wire from XG1 to the right hole of D5.
  • Run a wire from the bottom hole of R10 to the top of R11.
  • Run a 750 ohm to 1K, 1/4 watt resistor from the right (5v) side of R23 to the negative (top) leg of D17.
  • Run a wire from the negative leg of D17 to X11.
  • That’s it!"

They also have the stuff for the DSM set-up, which you'd have to retrace/remove, which is no big deal, honestly.
ChuckW
ChuckW New Reader
12/21/19 9:13 a.m.

Open to offers.

Suprasoup
Suprasoup
1/19/20 7:36 p.m.

Is this still available?

ChuckW
ChuckW New Reader
1/26/20 9:25 a.m.
Suprasoup said: