irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
2/19/19 9:27 p.m.

So in the next few weeks I'll be pulling the M42B18 out of my e30 (swapping to M50 for rally). Anyhow, once that happens, i'll have a pretty big trove of M42 stuff up for sale at a reasonable price (perfect for that 2002 or e21 challenge build?)

Located near Washington DC

It will be:

1. Complete engine + accessories currently in the car. This engine just competed in the Wellsboro winter rally and was pushed hard with no complaints. I've been running it for almost 10 years in rally/rallycross, so it'a a little dirty. It has a small oil leak from the valve cover. Years ago I did the head gasket, water pump, and every seal and gasket on the engine - since then it probably only has a couple thousand "real" miles on it. Last I checked compression was good and even across all four cylinders. PS pump rebuilt a couple years ago. Alternator replaced last year with a higher-output e36 setup. No A/C stuff. "Mess Under the Intake" deleted. It also has all the updated timing components and the cam gears are in nice shape.  I would have no reservations about driving cross-country with this engine at high speed :) Includes full wiring harness. 

2. Complete-ish second engine/longblock. This came out of a running parts car (shell was sold to someone else). It ran fine when pulled.  I opened up the timing case to update the components but never got around to it (it's all stored/organized in a plastic box). 

Note that both engines are e30 M42s (not e36), so they have the forged internals (e36 have cast).

3. Complete 318 exhaust. The front half is pretty nice (with stock cat and stock tubular header). The rear is terrible and not worth saving (rally car). Have one or two additional headers as well. 

4. DME - 1 stock one, and 1 with a Jim Conforti / Turner chip (good for 10hp/15tq, supposedly, and 7k redline)

5. Big box of spare parts that won't work with the M50....another alternator, PS pump, spare oil pan, and various other things. Couple sets of coils, etc ect. 

6. A couple of M42 radiators, and various radiator hoses (and an e34 radiator if you want it)

7. A couple or three 318is driveshafts (in various condition, but the one on the car has good guibo and CSB and ujoints)

8. Other stuff that may or may not be sold - pair of Spal puller electric fans in good shape, other stuff that I can't think of offhand. 

One thing you may note is missing are the G240 transmissions - those I am keeping since they bolt up to the M50.  But they're pretty easy and cheap to find if you dn't have one already. 

So, if anyone is interested in a "whole-package" deal on this stuff, drop me a message (my username @ yahoo.com). Should be available in a few weeks. I know it's not an S50, so I'm not gonna be asking a price like an S50 lol....

elhartspeedshop
elhartspeedshop New Reader
2/20/19 4:24 p.m.

Id be interested in a driveshaft.   

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
2/20/19 9:07 p.m.
elhartspeedshop said:

Id be interested in a driveshaft.   

Where are you located? I have a couple just sitting here you can have for cheap if you can pick them up. 

elhartspeedshop
elhartspeedshop New Reader
2/21/19 8:32 a.m.

Michigan unfortunately.   

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
3/7/19 9:45 p.m.
elhartspeedshop said:

Michigan unfortunately.   

I can find out what shipping would be. DS $50 + shipping if that works for you.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IXDxplgk41FFH6n3gdfMsIuFkw4inqdc0PvwK64F2alikygl8YOByygeit6umMvC