itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/12/20 7:51 p.m.

EDIT! - all items are sold.

My ls swap has turned the corner and I am ready to part with my backup engine and trans.

details:

350 cid Chevy. Rebuilt motor from autozone. Purchased in 2009 but Never installed or started. Accessories included, water pump, alternator, and cleaned up tpi set up from an 89 GTA. 

Trans is a trade I took on a motorcycle sale to justjim75 less than a year ago. According to Jim it was fully rebuilt recently and has a corvette servo and a b&m shift kit installed. There is not a torque converter included.

i also have some of the engine harness from the 89 gta and the buyer is welcome to it all. It was pulled in 08 and the ecu was given away on this board as I thought I was going to squirt it anyway. I will also throw in a set of shorty 3rd gen headers as I won’t need them anymore either.

id like to get $1000 for the pair. I’m not really looking for trades as part of my reason to sell is the desire for some space. But I am always willing to listen to an offer!

located in Atlanta 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/12/20 10:07 p.m.

Perfect for my truck, but timing is not. Just shoveled a bunch of money into the fleet, and about to buy a house. 

Do you know who built the engine? Jasper built stuff is pretty good, I think.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/12/20 10:33 p.m.

Other than purchased at advanced auto parts on memorial drive I am not sure. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/13/20 5:29 a.m.

In reply to itsarebuild :

Any documentation still around? 

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/13/20 10:09 a.m.

I can look around but I’m not super optimistic. It may still have the hanger tag o the engine. I haven’t been able to roll it out and unwrap it to look as there is too much other stuff in the way still but I will try to do it tonight. Hopefully the book of faces buyer for my old door leaf will show today. ......

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
9/13/20 10:11 a.m.

Advance around that time was in bed with ATK... Soon after that, they parted ways.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/14/20 9:04 p.m.

Would you consider boxing and shipping the trans to Vermont?

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/15/20 4:30 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

I would. Though I have never tried to package or ship a trans before so any recommendations on packaging and shipper would be appreciated. Would $500 be out of bounds price wise? That’s what I was figuring for value when I took the trade.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/15/20 4:31 p.m.

If there was a factory way to put 4l60e and tpi together.....

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/15/20 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I was under the impression the 700r4 and 4l60e were essentially the same but the 4l60e had more electrical inputs. Was that incorrect?

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/15/20 4:56 p.m.

In reply to itsarebuild :

Not totally. But all the shifting is controlled by the ecm. That doesn't do tpi natively. So, you have to get an aftermarket trans controller, then the factory ecm for tpi, then.....

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/15/20 5:09 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

92 was last year of 4l60 non electronic so 93 tbi would be 4l60e.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/15/20 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Good to know!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
9/15/20 6:04 p.m.

Basically if the transmission has a removable bellhousing, its an E. The only thing you have to worry about is maintaining line pressure in an E. The rest can be "light switched" for the rest.

9/15/20 7:27 p.m.

My 92 Safari 700r4 was originally behind a v6 tbi. Now it backs up a SBC with an Edelbrock carb. No electronics for me.

9/15/20 7:28 p.m.
itsarebuild said:

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

I would. Though I have never tried to package or ship a trans before so any recommendations on packaging and shipper would be appreciated. Would $500 be out of bounds price wise? That’s what I was figuring for value when I took the trade.

That plus shipping seems reasonable. Greyhound? Fastenal? Strapped to small palette?

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/15/20 8:01 p.m.

Certainly willing to try either. There is a bus station in downtown. Not sure how that works but I can call tomorrow if you want to go that way. Where is the nearest greyhound to you so I can ask the right questions. fastenal works too but I don’t know where that would be relative to me.

Send me a text or give me a call to discuss details. Four oh four 694 nine nine 21.

mike

9/15/20 8:26 p.m.
itsarebuild said:

Certainly willing to try either. There is a bus station in downtown. Not sure how that works but I can call tomorrow if you want to go that way. Where is the nearest greyhound to you so I can ask the right questions. fastenal works too but I don’t know where that would be relative to me.

Send me a text or give me a call to discuss details. Four oh four 694 nine nine 21.

mike

Text sent.

9/15/20 8:47 p.m.
itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
9/16/20 3:48 p.m.

Update:

the 700r4 has a new home. Thanks Vwcorvette.

the engine is still available.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
10/6/20 4:06 p.m.

in case photos of the engine will help develop some want....

sorry it took a while to get photos. it has been wrapped like this

for a while.....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R2CBJMvqERgRyvpC6xg4viWWgbXLTyGZGhCxwy97pUDmybYQi8328AcU2yJhkIm4