Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/11/19 10:27 a.m.

Hey all, 

I just recently picked up a 1990 N/a Miata that I don't plan on turboing, however there was a 4g63T kit included in the purchase of my car. In an effort to make some of my money back (and buy parts for the three blown wheel bearings), I'm posting it up for sale. 

Apparently according to the previous owner, there is more than $1000 worth of parts that he's accumulated, however I'm looking to sell for around $500

Local pickup is preferred, but if someone would prefer it shipped I'm sure we could make arrangements for that. I'm in the Hartford, CT area (town is Simsbury). 

Pics are below. And specs are right here:

Evo 9 Turbo (4g63T)

Mamba water line kit

Metal gaskets

Turbo manifold

Blow off valve

OBX-R downpipe

OBX-R J-pipe

Only need AN fittings and then it's pretty much plug and play. 

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/11/19 10:28 a.m.

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/11/19 10:30 a.m.

Also, sorry that this is my first post. Found so much wisdom here that I felt I wasn't at a point where I could properly contribute. But hopefully someone here will be able to get use out of this kit. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/11/19 10:52 a.m.

Location?

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/11/19 12:26 p.m.

In the Connecticut area. I'm willing to meet somewhere in the middle or close to though depending on distance. 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
5/12/19 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Masonrk :

Sometimes all you have to contribute is say an encouraging word. Having lurked also I really wish I had posted sooner. How about a build thread on your Miata?

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/12/19 2:31 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I did actually just post a build thread, but of course I posted in the wrong category, so I need to see about contacting someone to file it properly, but here is the link:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/1990-na-miata-autocross-and-track-build/153765/page1/#post2737229

Thanks for the nice words! :) 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/12/19 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Masonrk :

There's a "report spammers and request moderator assitance" thread in the off-topic forum. Easiest way to get ahold of one of our mods on here and they can move your thread for you.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
5/13/19 6:03 p.m.

That’s a Chinese 16g or “20g” from a 1st gen 4g63 engine. 

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/13/19 11:53 p.m.

In reply to Scottah :

I do know that the previous owner did buy the turbo off eBay. I'm sorry if the first post was misleading in anyway. 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon HalfDork
5/14/19 12:01 a.m.

Looks like you should just 4G63 swap the Miata laugh

Scottah
Scottah Dork
5/14/19 6:44 a.m.

In reply to Masonrk :

No worries. I just wanted to inform others as to what this turbo actually is. Good deal for the kit. 

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/14/19 10:52 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Looks like you should just 4G63 swap the Miata laugh

I'm spending the first two seasons of autox and class racing n/a to build skill and experience. Then after that I'm looking to put an LS into it.

I've been playing around with the idea of putting a 3.5l ecoboost from a Taurus SHO into it. Thought that would be a neat idea  

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
5/14/19 12:44 p.m.
Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/22/19 9:45 p.m.

Bump

Anyone have any interest please let me know. It's still for sale and I'm pretty negotiable at the moment. 

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
5/23/19 12:52 p.m.

In reply to Masonrk :

PM me, if trades are on the table.

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/23/19 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Catlas_Se7en :

I haven't been approved by the admins to send private messages yet...

My email is Maserk99@gmail.com if you would like to contact me there. 

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
6/20/19 1:08 p.m.

If anyone is interested, the kit is still for sale. I'm dropping the price to 500 for a quick sale. 

Edit: NordicSaab reached out to me and gave me a better evaluation of price for this kit, as the only other reference I had was the previous owners who was obviously biased. 500 takes it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BeFYkDyMDfPVG9j0fjK8yr3TMfA4MiIBjC6vwpQ2etaixxcqGZ5FwEMGeHYNtiKx