jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
8/31/20 10:22 a.m.

I am parting out a 1988 Scriocco that I raced in IT.  The whole car is for sale but I will part out anything I can sell.

Go to my photo site to look over what I have and if you don't see what you're looking for send me an email and I let you know if I have it.

https://vwpartsforsale.shutterfly.com/pictures/419

For some reason some people can access this site and some can't

If it asks for a pass word use "Cobra5880"

Major parts are:

Drivetrain parts - CVs, half shafts with CVs and just half shafts, also 020 close ratio trans.

Fuel and ignition system parts.

Brake calipers and rebuilt kits, MC's, etc.

3 engines, 1 stock short block, another built for racing, and the engine in the car which sports forged pistons and all ARP bolts.

Sheet metal for a Mk II Scriocco as well as all glass including 2 windshields.

Suspension parts - ball joints, HD ball joints, tie rod ends, 2 sets of knuckles with new hubs & bearings, 1 set on the car that use stronger hubs and bearing that don't fail like the OEM will if you don't check/change them regularly. Modified front LCA with spherical bearings which also add + caster. 

Aluminum threaded body Bilstien shocks and struts, camber plates,

OMP racing seat, "Fire Bottle" Halon fire system. I have  a spare bottle that needs recharge as it reads low and a couple of  smaller tanks.

Misc. other stuff I won't list.  Ask me.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/31/20 7:51 p.m.

Interested in some things, but shipping would be required.

1. K bar

2. Knuckle set. Curious, are the set on the car modified Mk2/Mk3 or something else?

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
9/1/20 11:15 a.m.

In reply to matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) :

The "K" bar is no problem.  $15 plus shipping?

The knuckles are modified Mk I's.  They don't change the stock suspension only allow the use of Dasher front bearings and hubs. Both of these parts are way stronger than Mk I hubs and bearings.  I have someone interested in these knuckles already from my posting at "VWVortex:Com"  but I do have two pairs of stock Mk I knuckles so I could modify a pair like I did the first set.  I plan on taking pics of the parts later today and posting them at my site. Check there tomorrow to see them.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/1/20 12:41 p.m.

Done deal on the K bar; I will PM address tonight. I will look fot the pics. I am curious how it all works. I have a lathe, so I may be able to bore out hubs, myself.

I expect to design new suspension, so short term rebuilding hubs is no big deal since hub and bearing are about $25 a set. I have junkyard spares but yours look so clean...

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
9/1/20 3:20 p.m.

If you have a lathe you can do this mod yourself.  The key is you have to make a holder for the knuckle so that you can chuck it in your lathe.

The first cut is to machine the area on the front of the knuckle so that it's parallel to the bearing bore.  As cast it has a taper that you have to remove and make it straight. Then I machine a sleeve that is pressed over that and  welded to the knuckle.  This strengths the knuckle before you bore it out removing metal  that could otherwise weaken the knuckle. I again mount the knuckle using my holder and machine the sleeve I  just welded to the knuckle so that's it's parallel to the bearing bore. Usually it's off by only a few thousands. I reverse the jaws on my 3-jaw chuck and then  grip the sleeve to hold the knuckle.   Further machine work includes  boring out the housing for the larger bearing and then adding some grooves for the larger snap rings.

I have an old Logan 6X24 so the knuckle just clears my bed.  I have a blast cabinet so any parts I'm rebuilding I blast to bare metal and then paint when I'm done. 

I do have a couple of Dasher hubs and some wheel bearings I'd sell you. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/1/20 8:25 p.m.

Are those calipers 16v fronts?

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
9/1/20 10:14 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

I have a set of 16V front calipers and I believe a set of mounting brackets all ready to bolt on.

I have another set on the car it's self that will be coming off as well as the rear calipers.

I know that the front rotors are brand new. The only wear is from the car being rolled around since I installed them.

There is pic of them at my site.

9/2/20 8:12 p.m.

What shape are the calipers in? New ready to install? Pads? I have stainless braided lines to install and the calipers and brakes are not new. Mines an 87 16v 2.0L.

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
9/4/20 4:56 p.m.

The front calipers are rebuilt. As good as any you can buy at the auto parts store.

The set on the car will get rebuilt too since I have the rebuilt parts already.

Send my an email.  Just click on my "name" and write a note.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
9/8/20 12:05 p.m.

Does the GRM express run during COVID? I can't get out Jim's way any time soon and would like to take the BBS wheels off his hands. 

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
9/9/20 11:07 a.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

What I've done was make a separate posting saying what you need something moved and from where to where.

I got a cyl. head moved from NY city to Joliet, IL.

The wheels with tires (4 of 5) may be more of a problem.

I'll hold them for you for now. If it makes it any easier I can have the tires dismounted and just charge you what it costs added to the cost of the wheels.

I think I can get them done cheap but it's been a while that I needed that done so I can't say what it would cost. 

I and a friend have a trip to Tire Rack in South Bend, IN planned for sometime in the near future and I can take the wheels with me and have them do it or

I can check  a couple of local tire shops on the cost of 4 tire dis-mounts if you think that would help get them transported?

9/19/20 8:28 p.m.

Parts arrived today. Look great. Thanks!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
9/20/20 4:39 p.m.

In reply to jimbbski :

Thanks, I'll make a post in the general forum seeing if it's a possibility.

Our Preferred Partners
361r8So7kOYxQ8rZ1FsuqGe8J3kgnAdLcC6s2IL27KJeNGk18XlFJAmIeZISUFpO